The Multimedia Contest can be used to organize a “Pick your favorite” type contest, where users will only have access to vote for their favorite photos or videos. Below we explain in detail all the steps you will follow to configure your contest.
Note: You will need to have created your Multimedia Contest following the instructions of this tutorial, prior to following the steps detailed below.
Once you have created the Multimedia Contest draft, follow the steps below to configure the contest as a Pick your favorite":
Step 1. How to upload your own content
1.1. Go to the stage of the “Upload multimedia content” type
This stage will allow you to upload all the photos and/or videos that you want to present in the gallery and that will be receiving votes.
Note: To upload the content you must follow the instructions in Step 1.3 of this tutorial.
1.2. Stage setup
Below we explain how you should configure this stage of participation.
1. Go to the Editor of the promotion > Pages > Participation Stages section and edit the "Submit Multimedia content" stage. Under the "Options" tab, make the following adjustments:
- Set the Start and End Dates for the system to allow you to access the contest and upload entries. For example, you can set it to the current date and time, so it will allow you to access.
- In the "Options" tab, change the "Frequency of participation" so that the system allows you to upload all the images or videos that you need to upload. To do this, change the settings to "1000" in "Total", for instance. Thus, by putting a very high number, you will not have any restrictions while uploading all entries to the contest.
2. Click and enter the “Submit Multimedia content” tab:
Under the "Step 1 - Multimedia Content" tab adapt the following settings:
- Under “Multimedia Content Formats”, select the format or formats you want to upload to the contest, whether they are pictures, videos, documents, etc.
- Under "Settings" you can configure the following options:
- "Minimum/maximum number of media contents": This option allows you to define the minimum and maximum number of contents that you can upload for each entry. If you only want to upload 1 photo, for example, you can keep it at Minimum 1 / Maximum 1. You can also present albums with a video and a picture (2 contents in each entry).
- "Maximum file size": Make sure you adjust the maximum weight of the file you need to upload (maximum 500MB per file)
Go to the "Step 2 -Additional information" tab and in the "Additional fields" section, click on "Add element" and select "Additional text field".
We will use this field to add the name of the participation that will be displayed publicly in the voting gallery of the contest.
Example: A musical band contest is organized. We add an extra text field to be able to indicate the name of the band. It will be possible to configure that the name of the band is the one that appears as the name of the participation in the Multimedia Gallery, as we explained in point 2.2 of this tutorial.
In addition, you can enable the "Cover" option, which will allow you to create a cover with a title and a description for each entry.
Note: This option is recommended in case you would like to present as an album more than one photo or video in each entry.
1.3. Upload the entries
The next step will be to upload the entries you want to present in the Voting Gallery. To do this, exit the Editor and activate the Test Mode tool:
Open the promotion in Test Mode and follow the participation process detailed below to upload the entries:
1. From the Welcome page, click the "Participate" button.
2. You will access the login page. Log in with your corporate email.
4. Then click on the "Submit Multimedia Content" stage to start uploading the entries:
5. Once the first entry has been uploaded, you will be taken to the Final page. Click "Enter again” to upload the second entry. You will have to repeat these steps as many times as needed until you have uploaded all entries.
6. Once all the entries have been uploaded, select the “Go to Home page” option from the Final page and enter the "Multimedia Gallery/Voting" stage to see your gallery and make sure that everything is correct:
1.4. Hide the “Upload Multimedia content” stage
When you are done uploading all the entries, the next step will be to hide from the promotion the stage that allows uploading content, to leave the contest ready for users. This way, users will only be able to vote for their favorite entry of the gallery.
To do this, access the Editor of the promotion > Pages > Participation stages, and in the stages menu, click on the eye icon to hide the first stage:
1.5. Editing options for the uploaded content
As the contest administrator you have a tool available to manage the contest, that will allow you to modify the content uploaded in case you need to make any changes in the participation.
Specifically, this functionality will allow you to perform the following actions:
- Edit the content uploaded by the user (change texts, photo, files, videos, etc...).
- Remove content uploaded by the user.
- Add new content to the user entry (pdfs, pictures, videos, etc...).
In order to edit the content of the user’s participation, access the "Users" section of the contest and from there access the "Multimedia" tool, as shown in the following video:
Step 2. How to enable the gallery with the content to vote
2.1. Go to the stage of the “Multimedia Gallery/Voting” type
In this step, you will enable a public gallery so that the entries that you will uploaded can be viewed publicly. In addition, you will be able to enable the voting so that visitors of the contest can pick their favorite entry or entries.
To do this, return to the section Editor > Pages > Participation Stages and click on the button "New Stage" and select the stage of the "Multimedia Gallery/Voting" type:
2.2. Stage setup
Below we explain how you must configure the stage so that the entries can be voted.
1. Click on the "Multimedia gallery/voting" where you will adapt the following settings:
- Under the “Options” tab, set the Start and end date for voting. These are the dates that the system will use to determine when voting will be opened and closed.
- Customize the "Frequency of Participation" to determine how often users will be able to vote in the contest. By default, the number of times the user can vote will be 1, but you can define the frequency:
- Daily (1 vote per day).
- Per hour (1 vote per hour).
- Weekly (1 vote per week).
- Total (1 vote in total).
2. Next, click on the "Media Gallery/Voting" tab:
3. Next, go to the "Do you want to show the name in the participation?" option, which will allow you to select the additional text field we created earlier to be used as the name of the entry in the gallery.
4. Finally, in the option "Order of entries in the gallery" decide in what order you want to present the entries in the gallery.
2.3. Voting settings
Next, in the "Voting" section, click on the option to "Enable voting system", to activate voting:
6. You will then see the different options to configure the votes. For a "Pick your favorite" type of contest, we recommend the following settings:
- Enable the option to "Show the ranking of the most voted" to publicly show the number of votes obtained by each participation.
- In "Voting type" select "Simple votes (1 vote = 1 point)". Thus, for each entry voted, the system will assign 1 point to it.
- Customize the message that will appear to the user after voting, to thank them for their vote.
Step 3. Other configuration options
Below we explain how you should set up the promotion so you can upload all photos/videos without problems.
1. In the Editor of your promotion > Pages > Login & Register and disable momentarily the email validation. In this way, when you want to upload the entries, you will not be asked to validate your email address.
Important: Remember to re-enable this option when you have finished uploading all entries, so that when users begin participating and voting, they are required to validate their email as a security measure to ensure they use a valid email, of their property.
2. In this same “Login & Register” section, go to the "Security Options" tab and temporarily disable the options that control the number of times you can participate from the same IP address and browser, configuring it as follows:
Important: Remember to re-enable these two security options when you have finished uploading all entries, to ensure that the contest votes are conducted in a safe and transparent manner.
Step 4. Run a test and activate the contest
Then, and since you still have the Test Mode enabled in your contest, we recommend that you perform a test so that you can preview and make sure that the voting process is working correctly.
To do this, go to the landing of the contest and enter the Public Gallery, where you can test the voting experience:
If everything is correct, the last step will be to activate the contest so that you can share it with users for them to start participating. To do this, you must first disable the Test Mode. In doing so, you will see that the system will allow you to keep the entries uploaded in the Gallery while the promotion was in draft:
Once the Test Mode is disabled, you can activate the contest and, once launched, you can share the link with your audience so they can start voting!