You can use your own domain (Promotions App Helper) to communicate the promotion.
Using your own domain will allow you to:
- Communicate the promotion with your own URL.
- Publish the promotion as a microsite with your domain URL.
- Users will share the promotion link with your domain.
In the image below you can see an example of a campaign published as a microsite with a URL with its own domain:
A) Step-by-step configuration
The possibility to use your own domain is only available in White Label promotions.
In order to use your own domain, you will need first to take this step:
1. Create a CNAME record in the DNS of the domain, that points to a.cstmapp.com
Note 1: This step must be done outside of the Easypromos administration panel. If you have any doubt about this first step, you should contact with your domain provider or the person who manages DNS services on your domain.
Note 2: The creation of a CNAME record can take up to 24 hours to take effect.
Once you have created the CNAME record, return to the Easypromos administration panel and follow the steps below:
2. Click on the 'Buzz' section on the left menu and click then on 'Publish as microsite':
3. Insert your domain and save changes:
4. Go back to the 'Buzz' section, and make sure that the option 'Destination of the promotion's main link' (in 'Link settings') is checked as 'Microsite':
5. Create a Facebook application and link it to the promotion.
Follow these steps:
5.1 From the left-hand menu click on 'Integrations' and select 'Facebook'
5.2 Create a Facebook application and insert the ID and Secret. Follow this video tutorial for a step-by-step guide.
5.3 Select the option 'Use this app to get permissions':
After following these 5 steps, you will have completed your configuration.
B) In addition to the microsite, I wish to publish the promotion as an app on my Facebook page
Although you use your promotion as a microsite with your own domain, you can also install the app within your Facebook page so that the promotion can be displayed on this app. These two methods are not exclusive. If you wish so, you should go to Publish > Publish on a Facebook app, and publish by using the 'quick publish' option.
IMPORTANT: in case you decide to publish the promotion on Facebook, you should never use the 'advanced publish' option.
Note: If a user shares the promotion being connected within the Facebook app and not within the microsite, your domain URL will not be used on the sharing links. The reason is that Facebook always use HTTPS environment, and this environment does not currently support own domains.