With promotions created with the White Label version you can use your own domain (http://www.your-own-domain.com) to communicate the promotion.
Using your own domain will allow you to:
- Communicate the promotion with your own URL.
- Publish the promotion as a microsite with your domain URL.
- Users will share the promotion link with your domain.
You can use 1 root domain or 1 subdomain. Examples:
- Subdomain: www.example.com, app.mydomain.com
- Root domain: example.com, mydomain.com
Note: you can't use a subdomain and a root domain at the same time. Real case: It is not possible to have www.example.com, and example.com, pointing at the same promotion. You must choose one of them.
In the image below you can see an example of a campaign published as a microsite with a URL with its own domain:
The possibility to use your own domain is only available in White Label promotions. The steps you should follow are:
- Step 1. Create an A record in the DNS of the domain
- Step 2. Enter the domain in the promotion and verify the DNS configuration
- Step 3. Create and link a Facebook app
In order to use your own domain, you will need first to take this step:
Create an A record in the DNS of the domain, that points to IP address 126.96.36.199
Note 1: This step must be done outside of the Easypromos administration panel. If you have any doubt about this first step, you should contact with your domain provider or the person who manages DNS services on your domain.
Note 2: The creation of an A record can take up to 24 hours to take effect.
Once you have created the CNAME record, return to the Easypromos administration panel and follow the steps below:
1. Access the "Publish" section on the left menu and click then on "Publish as microsite":
2. Insert your domain and verify your DNS configuration:
Once you have verified the DNS settings, the confirmation will appear as the custom domain is correctly configured. Finally, as a last step you should confirm that this will be the domain for your promotion, and the application will automatically generate the SSL certificates for this domain HTTPS support.
Note: HTTPS support will be given automatically between 24 hours and 48 hours after you verify the domain.
Once these first two steps are completed, the confirmation will appear as the custom domain is correctly configured and will indicate that you only need to complete the third step:
Create a Facebook application. To do so, you should follow the steps below:
- From the left-hand menu click on "Integrations" and select "Facebook".
- Create a Facebook application and insert the ID and Secret. Follow this video tutorial for a step-by-step guide.
- Select the option "Use this app to connect with Facebook":
The creation and linking of an own Facebook application is a necessary step to be able to use the following functionalities:
- Enable the Social Login with Facebook.
- Enable the option that users can share the promotion on Facebook.
- Enable the functionality to comment on the gallery's entries.
Once the support with Facebook is configured, go back to the Publish > Custom domain section and verify that the configuration is completed correctly: