With promotions created with the White Label version you can use your own domain (http://www.your-own-domain.com) to communicate the promotion.
Using your own domain will allow you to:
- Communicate the promotion with your own URL.
- Publish the promotion as a microsite with your domain URL.
- Users will share the promotion link with your domain.
- Avoid restrictions with third-party cookies, in case of embedding the promotion on a website.
You can use 1 root domain or 1 subdomain. Examples:
- Subdomain: www.example.com, app.mydomain.com
- Root domain: example.com, mydomain.com
Note: you can't use a subdomain and a root domain at the same time. Real case: It is not possible to have www.example.com, and example.com, pointing at the same promotion. You must choose one of them.
In the image below you can see an example of a campaign published as a microsite with a URL with its own domain:
The possibility to use your own domain is only available in White Label promotions. The steps you should follow are:
- Step 1. Create an A record in the DNS of the domain
- Step 2. Enter the domain in the promotion and verify the DNS configuration
- Step 3. Enable your own domain in your integrations with Social networks for Social Login on the promotion
STEP 1: Create and A record of the DNS of the domain:
In order to use your own domain, you will need first to take this step:
Create an A record in the DNS of the domain, that points to IP address 22.214.171.124
Note 1: This step must be done outside of the Easypromos administration panel. If you have any doubt about this first step, you should contact with your domain provider or the person who manages DNS services on your domain.
Note 2: The creation of an A record can take up to 24 hours to take effect.
Once you have created the A record, return to the Easypromos administration panel and follow the steps below:
STEP 2: Enter the domain in the promotion and verify the DNS configuration
1. Access the "Publication resources" section on the left menu and click then on "Publish as microsite":
2. Insert your domain and click on "Save" button:
3. Click "Verify now" to verify DNS settings.
Note: HTTPS support will be given automatically between 24 hours and 48 hours after you verify the domain.
4. Once these steps are completed, the confirmation will appear as the custom domain is correctly configured and will indicate that you only need to complete the third step:
STEP 3: Enable your own domain in your integrations with Social networks for Social Login on the promotion.
If you have enabled the Login system in your promotion, with a or various social networks such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn and/or Twitch, you must enable the integration of an Oauth Application for the corresponding social network.
To do Social Login with a social network, the Oauth standard protocol (version 2.0) is used. This protocol allows to securely verify the identity of a user in a social network. For this verification, the user must authorize the permissions so that an external application connected to the social network can read their data. One of the security mechanisms of the Oauth protocol is to indicate from which domain a user will try to connect (redirect_uri). In the case of using your own domain, it will be necessary to create an application in the corresponding social network and indicate your own domain.
Each social network has its own procedures to create an application to login through the Oauth protocol. Here are the tutorials to create an application in each of them: