All the data about the visits and entries for your promotion are registered by Easypromos and are accessible from your Google Analytics account. In order to view this information, you’ll need to enter the G4 code in the promotion settings. Here we explain how to do it.
Once your promotion is set up to collect data in your Google Analytics account, you’ll be able to see the information about visits, entries, etc. of your promotion(s). The data about the pages of your promotions will be displayed as any other data about your website registered with Analytics. You just have to search for the property that you have created and that is linked to the GA4 code entered in the Easypromos promotion.
Within the property you will find the “Reports” section, which presents all the data obtained from the crawled pages:
The “Engagement” section shows you all the information about the visitors in the promotion you are monitoring.
What are the urls of the promotion?
In the “Page path and screen class” section you can see the information on visits divided into the different urls of the promotion.
If you are monitoring more than one promotion on the same property, you must filter the page path by the promotion ID to obtain segmented data. In this case, we have segmented by the promotion with ID 956269.
The explanation of each of these pages is as follows:
- /p/id_promo: Welcome page of your promotion.
- /quiz/id_promo/1: First question of your promotion. The second question will appear with a /2 at the end, the third with a /3 at the end, and so on consecutively for all the questions in your promotion.
- /register/id_promo: Registration form page to participate in CLASSIC promotions.
- /login/id_promo/: Identification and registration form page to participate in your promotion.
- /success/id_promo: Thank you for participating page. This value will approximately match the number of participants in your promotion.
- /promotions/participate/id_promo/: Initial participation page, for example, the start of a game.
- /voteme/id_promo/id_usuario: Page for the participation of a specific user in your promotion.
- /users/my_participation/id_promo/: User's personal page to verify their participations.
- /winners/id_promo/: Winners page of your promotion.
- /gallery/id_promo/: Participation gallery page.
- /gallery/id_promo/id_stage/id_user/: Page of an individual participation within the gallery.
- /gallery/id_promo/ranking/id_stage/: Ranking page.
- /promotions/entries/promo_id/: List of promotion entries page. The second page of the list will appear with a /2 at the end, the third with a /3, and so on consecutively.
- /brackets/id_promo/: Global tournament presentation page.
- /cert/id_premio/id_promo: Draw validity certificate page.
- /prizes/claim/id_promo/id_premio/: Prize claim page.
- /not_allowed/id_promo: Access denied page to your promotion. The reasons for denial can vary, such as the promotion being restricted in the visitor's country, the promotion has expired, the user is on an exclusion list, etc.
- /already_participating/id_promo/id_usuario: Support page when the user is trying to participate in your promotion but has already participated.
- /share/id_usuario/: Social media sharing page for the promotion.
How to see the total number of participants in my promotion in Google Analytics?
There are two ways to view participants who complete registration for your promotion within Google Analytics 4.
- Target by final url of success.
- Create a participant event.
Segment by the final url of “success”
In Reports>Engagment>Pages and screens you will see all the visits that are being generated within the promotion.
Use the search engine to filter by the /success/ url, which is where all users arrive once they have participated. Look at the following screenshot where we indicate the field to filter visits. The 'Users' column is the closest to participants because it counts only once per user. On the other hand, “Visits” tend to be larger because your promotion can have more than one participation, meaning that the same participant will access the “success” page more than once.
Create a participant event
Another way to quickly obtain a report of the participants in your promotion is to generate a specific event that filters the users who have reached the /success/ page, which are the ones who have completed the action.
To do this you must access the Property Configuration, “Events” section.
You must create a new one that directly presents the users who have accessed the final page. Use the filters you see below:
In this way, in Reports>Engagement>Events a new event will appear apart from those created by default, which will have the name that you have given it in the custom event. In our case, we have called it “Participants”.
Look at the total number of users for the “Participants” event. You will see that it is the same as the number of users who have accessed /success/ from the option that we have shown you in the previous section. This is the number of unique participants who have completed participation in your promotion.