If you want to carry out a contest or giveaway among all the users who have retweeted one or more of your tweets, follow the steps in this video tutorial. You'll be able to select winners randomly, publish them on a Winners page, and communicate with them easily.
What can you see in the video?
00:00 Publish the tweet announcing the giveaway
00:17 How to enter the Easypromos administration panel and create a giveaway
00:45 Set up basic options for the giveaway
01:19 Management of users and exclusions
01:27 Decide the number of winners and alternates
01:29 Make a test and carry out the real giveaway
01:57 Link to the certificate of validity and customize the winners page
02:37 Sharing the result of the giveaway
The Twitter Sweepstakes tool allows you to exclude users from the list of finalists, based on the following options:
- Exclude blacklisted users. You can add misbehaving users to the blacklist in order to exclude them from all your sweepstakes, without having to exclude them manually each time.
- Exclude previous winners. Select this option if you want to avoid the same user winning more than one competition.
- Exclude non-followers. Limit finalists to your brand's followers.
- Specific exclusions. If you want to exclude a user from a specific contest because they've broken the rules, you can use the browser to find and exclude the user manually.
- Minimum number of followers. By default, the app only selects finalists whose accounts have at least 25 followers. If you want to remove this filter, change it to "0" and save changes. You can also increase this value and save changes in order to apply a higher follower threshold.
Warning: Even if the user participates in the contest with several retweets, they will only be entered in the giveaway once.
Considerations to take into account
- You can carry out a contest with tweets that have been retweeted a maximum of 2,000 times.
- Only tweets published in the last 7 days can be used for a contest
You can accumulate retweets from a maximum of 10 tweets to enter in a single draw. These tweets must not be more than 7 days old, and there is a limit of 2,000 retweets.
- Users who have retweeted your tweet but are not followers of your brand can be excluded from the list of giveaway finalists.
- The giveaway can only be carried out once, although you can use the "test" tool to check the feature works before carrying out the real giveaway.
- The total amount of winners and alternates must be less than 1,000.
- Users who retweet but have the "tweets protected" feature enabled won't be included in the contest.