Easypromos enables you to run contests and giveaways for all users who like or comment on a Facebook Page post.
The "Facebook Sweepstakes" application allows you to import participants’ information with a single click. It also helps you to implement rules and exclude specific users from the giveaway. Once the contest is over, you can customize a special page for announcing the prizewinners. You’ll be able to display a certificate of validity, showing that the competition is transparent and trustworthy.
You’ll find access to a tool for writing and publishing a giveaway post in your Easypromos Control Panel.
What you should know before starting:
- The first Facebook sweepstakes is free and it allows you to make a sweepstakes with unlimited participants (among users who comment on the post or "like" the post).
- For the second sweepstakes and onward the following pricing is applied:
- Basic plan ($29 / 29€ month): the sweepstakes is limited to a maximum of 5,000 participants.
- Basic PRO plan ($49 / 49€ month): it allows to run sweepstakes with unlimited participants.
Follow this step-by-step tutorial to run a Facebook Timeline contest:
- Step 1. Create and publish the post on Facebook
- Step 2. Access the Control Panel
- Step 3. Import your post from Facebook
- Step 4. Update the list of participants
- Step 5. Review the list of finalists and apply exclusions
- Step 6. Define the number of winners and alternates
- Step 7. Test your sweepstakes and activate it
- Step 8. Prepare to announce the winners
- Step 9. Announce the winners
- Step 10. Manage winners and alternates
Step 1.Create and publish a post on Facebook
The first step is to publish a post announcing the contest on Facebook. Write and publish it just as you would with any other post.
Haven’t you created the post yet? Check out our ready-made templates with text and images for the giveaway post and publish your giveaway in just two clicks.
Step 2. Access the Control Panel
Access the Easypromos Control Panel via this link. If you’re not a user yet, you must create an account first. You’ll be able to create and manage your promotions from the Control Panel.
This is your Control Panel:
A) Your account information is located in the top right bar. Use your account ID (preceded by the # symbol) to identify yourself when requesting help from the Support Center.
B) You’ll see three tabs, dividing your promotions into three categories: Active Promotions, Draft Promotions, and Old Promotions.
Step 3. Import your post from Facebook
Once the deadline to participate in the draw is over, the next step is to import the giveaway post to your control panel in order to recover all the participants.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click "Create New Promotion" to start setting up the giveaway.
3. Next, choose the type of giveaway you want to create:
4. You will be presented with the giveaway setup screen. As a first step, you will be requested to connect with the Facebook User with which you administer the Facebook page where you have launched your giveaway:
5. After logging in, select the Facebook page where you published the post announcing your giveaway:
6. Your next step should be to select the post you've just published on Facebook – the one you want to use for the giveaway:
7. If you require it, you can select several posts from the list to import the comments of several publications as finalists of the giveaway:
Note: The possibility of selecting more than one post for the same giveaway is not available for the first free giveaway. Accounts with the Basic plan have the possibility of selecting a maximum of 10 posts for the same giveaway. In addition, with the "Multi-Network Giveaway" application you can accumulate up to a maximum of 25 tweets for the same giveaway.
8. In the upper right corner of the screen you can check the posts you have included for the giveaway. When you have selected all the posts you want, you must click on the "Continue" button:
9. By clicking on the "Continue" button, the import of the comments of the posts we have selected will begin.
Note: Do you want to run a giveaway combining different social networks? With our application “Multi-Network Giveaway” you can carry out a prize draw including users who participate on posts from more than one social network: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube. See how it works!
Step 4. Update the list of participants
If you imported the giveaway publication to your dashboard days ago, the new comments that the users have left in the publication will not be automatically imported into your dashboard. In order for these new comments to be counted, you must update the list of participants as a step prior to finalizing the draw.
To do this, before advancing to the next step and finalizing the draw, click on the "Update now" button that you will find right next to the number of participants in your sweepstakes.
Step 5. Review the list of finalists and export participants’ data
You’re now on the open Sweepstakes page. Beneath the title you’ll see the number of participants and the options to view and export participants’ data. From here you can also exclude participants or send them to a blacklist.
Note: Exporting the list of participants in an Excel file is a feature available only for Easypromos accounts with a Basic subscription or above.
Alert! In the case of "likes-reactions" giveaways and comments with hashtags, the tool presents the participations grouped according to the reactions/hashtags detected. This classification is preconfigured as informative, although if the administrator wants, he can use it as a filter and only the finalists enter the contest with the hashtags or reactions he selects.
The Facebook Giveaway app enables you to exclude users from the list of finalists. There are several different ways you can do this:
1. Add any users engaging in bad practices to your blacklist. This will exclude them from all your Facebook Timeline contests, so you don’t have to exclude them manually each time. The blacklist is linked to your Easypromos Administrator Account, so it will be permanently available to you.
2. Exclusion of previous winners. Select this option if you don’t want users to be able to win more than one giveaway.
3. One-off exclusion. If you only wish to exclude a user from one particular giveaway because they have broken the rules, use this search tool to find and exclude the user manually. You can also find them in the list of participants.
4. Exclusion based on hashtags in comments. This option is available when participants include hashtags in their comments. For example, when you’ve used the tool for running a giveaway with specific hashtags and comments. We explain more about this option here.
5. Exclusion entries registered after a certain date. In case of comments sweepstakes, this option allows you to indicate the closing date of the sweepstakes, so that users who participated after this date are not entered into the final draw. We explain more about this option here.
6. Exclude users who have not commented on the minimum number of publications. If it is a sweepstakes among users who have commented on several publications, this option allows you to limit the sweepstakes to users who have commented on a minimum number of posts. We explain more about this option here.
7. Exclude users with a minimum number of characters in comments. If it is a comments giveaway, this option will allow you to filter participants so that those who have included a minimum number of characters in their comment can enter the giveaway.
8. Exclusion of users that haven’t included a photo in their comment. This option is only available for Comments Sweepstakes, and it allows you to filter users that have included a photo in their comments.
This option can be especially useful for organizing competitions where uploading a photo is required to participate - for example, in a photography contest. This option includes the following functions:
- Automatically exclude users without a photo. Users who have not uploaded any photos in their comment will not be included in the list of finalists.
- Photo gallery. You can view all the photos uploaded by users in the comments of the post in gallery mode. This enables you to check the photos uploaded by users in a very visual and dynamic way and control the content of the images. In addition, for more control over the finalists of the contest, you have the option to exclude images that don't meet requirements with a single click.
In order to allow users to include a photo in their comment, remember to set up your Facebook page with the option "Allow visitors to the Page to publish posts". You'll also need to enable the option "Allow photo and video posts". You can check this configuration by accessing your Facebook page in Settings> General> Visitor Posts. Otherwise, users will be able to comment on the giveaway post, but they won’t be able to include an image.
Step 6. Define the number of winners and alternates
Note: the total number of winners and alternates must be less than 1,000.
Do you want to give away different prizes?
With the option "Customize the prizes" you can create all the prizes you want to give away, and for each prize, you can define the number of winners you want to obtain. For example, you can have a first prize to give away some movie tickets with 2 winners, and a second prize of tickets for a concert with 2 other winners. Being two different prizes, this option will allow you to manage the number of winners you want to obtain for each type of prize, and at the time of publishing the winners, these will also be presented separately.
To manage the different prizes of your draw, click on "Customize the prizes". A pop-up will open where you can define the name and number of winners of each of the prizes:
Step 7. Test your sweepstakes and activate it
Before activating the random selection of winners, you'll have a chance to carry out a test to help you learn how the tool works.
Note: The possibility of carrying out a test is not available for the first free giveaway.
When you are ready to pick a winner, the system will allow you to finalize the giveaway and see the winners and alternates. If you don’t have an active Basic plan, the system will offer you the chance to purchase it.
Once you have an active Basic plan, and you're ready to pick your winners, click the "Ready! Pick the winners” button and winners will be picked randomly. Once the giveaway has been finalized, it can’t be repeated.
Finally, a window will open with a summary of the configuration of your giveaway, which you must confirm in order to continue with the process. In addition, you have the possibility to activate the option "View the random draw as an animated presentation", which will allow you to visualise the process of selection of winners and alternates in the form of an animated presentation, more visual and graphic. See an example.
Step 8. Prepare to announce the winners
Congratulations! The giveaway has been carried out and the results will be displayed. You can now think about announcing the winners and awarding the prizes.
A. "Winners and Alternates" section:
Here you'll see the list of winners and alternates. You can manage the prize winners from this page, and change them if needed.
B. "Publication of winners" Section:
When you run the giveaway, the tool will generate two important web addresses that you need to know about:
- Certificate of Validity. The Certificate of Validity confirms that the sweepstakes has been run once only and completely at random. This certificate identifies the sweepstakes and it can't be modified. Share the URL with winners so that participants can see that your sweepstakes was run fairly and transparently.
- Winners Page. This is a microsite where the names of the winners and the alternate winners are displayed. This way, communicating the results will be easier. You'll be able to customize this page to adapt it to your brand and needs.
- Broadcast mode. This option allows you to present the results of a giveaway in an animated format to show the winners in a more fun way and add a point of surprise and fun to your draws. This option is only available with the Basic PRO plan or higher. More information.
Click on the pencil icon to edit the Winners Page and customize it to fit your needs:
These are the elements that you can customize:
C. "Claim your prize" section:
Do you want the winners to be able to confirm their details and claim their prize? You can set up and activate this section to aid in the prize-awarding process. This way, users who visit the Winners Page will be able to claim the prize on their screens, verifying their details and confirming that they're interested in receiving their reward.
To enable it, click on the "Enable" button and follow the steps indicated in this tutorial to customize all module options.
Step 9. Announce the winners
When the Winners Page is ready, share it on social media. You can use the "Share" button or copy and share the URL of the Winners Page directly.
If it is a comments giveaway, you can send a message to the user's comment that has been selected and indicate that you have won the giveaway.
Step 10. Manage winners and alternates
From the 'Winners and alternates' section you can:
- See whether winners have claimed their prize, and review the details they've provided.
- Manage the prizewinners and change them if necessary.
- Download all the information provided by prizewinners in a file.
Other FAQs about Facebook Sweepstakes
- How can I carry out a Sweepstakes from multiple posts on my Facebook Page?
- How can I exclude users who’ve participated late from a Comment-Based Sweepstakes?
- How can I use hashtags in comments in my Facebook Post Sweepstakes?
- How can I notify winners of a Comment-Based Facebook Sweepstakes?
- I’ve randomly selected the contest winners. How can I repeat the Sweepstakes?