Whether you want to create a photo contest, a video contest or a text contest, you have the opportunity to create a category-based contest. This way, users that want to register in the contest will be able to decide in which category they want to participate by submitting their picture, video or text in that category. You'll be able to create a category-based contest with Easypromos Premium and White Label versions.
To create a category-based contest you should follow these steps:
2. Enter the "Editor" of the promotion:
3. When setting up the entry form, you'll need to add a 'drop-down list' where you enter the different categories. The drop-down list will allow you to display a list with the different categories in the entry form, so that users can choose in which category they want to participate.
4. Complete the setting options that you'll find for this field. In particular, these are the options you can set up:
- Title: Write the title of the dropdown list. This is the text that will be displayed as the title of the field in the users' registry form.
- Short title: This is the text that identifies this field in the entries list, so that users can easily filter the entries by category. We suggest you to use a maximum of 2 words.
- List of Options: In this field you'll be able to write the name of the different categories in which users can participate.
- Is this field mandatory?: You can decide if you want this field to be mandatory for the user. If you mark this field as mandatory, users will need to complete the field in order to finish the registration process.
- Make this custom field public: You can decide if you want options of this list to be public and thereby shown in the gallery of entries. With this option enabled, users will be able to filter the entries list by the values of this field.
This is how users will be able to select the category in the entry form: