Has the participation process of your promotion come to an end and you want to carry out a sweepstakes among users that have voted in the contest?
Easypromos offers you a comprehensive tool to help you pick the winners and alternates of a contest or promotion automatically and at random. The Winners tool can also be used to perform a sweepstakes among users who have voted in the contest.
Note: The functionality to perform a sweepstakes among voters is available for Premium and White Label promotions, it is not available for promotions created with the Basic version.
The Winners tool allows you to perform a sweepstakes among all users who have voted in the contest or promotion. You’ll be able to decide if you want to carry out the sweepstakes among the voters of all entrants or among a specific segment of voters, for example, among users that have voted a specific participant.
We explain you below all the steps to perform a sweepstakes among the voters of the contest:
- Step 1. Access the Winners tool
- Step 2. Select the winners
- Step 3. Apply rules of exclusion to users
- Step 4. Select the number of prizewinners and alternates
- Step 5. Carry out the sweepstakes
- Step 6. Announce the prizewinners
Step 1. Access the Winners tool
Once the participation period is over and it’s time for you to carry out the final sweepstakes, you should go to the “Winners” option in the Easypromos control panel and select “Automatic winners”:
Step 2. Select the winners
You will gain access to the “View entries” section, where you’ll see the list of participants, which will show you the total number of users and a list of all users registered to the promotion.
At this point, decide whether you would like to carry out a sweepstakes among all participants, or among a specific segment of users:
Note: Only valid voters will be counted as finalists for the draw (users with a verified Facebook profile, or users who have verified their email address after voting). In addition, even if a user has voted several times, he will be entered in the draw only one entry.
A. Sweepstakes among the voters of all participants
- The first step is to use the filter tool, which you have available to the left of the screen, to determine the segment of users that will enter the draw. If we want to draw lots among the voters of all the participants, the filter to apply will be as follows: Status > Equal to > Accepted. This way, we exclude all rejected entries.
- Then apply the bulk action "Select the winners from voters of participants".
- Finally, click on the “Apply” button.
B. Sweepstakes among the voters from a specific segment of participants
- The first step is to mark with the star icon the participants whose voters want to enter the sweepstakes:
- Then apply the following filter: Marked > Equal to > Checked. The list of participants will be filtered and only the ones you have marked with the icon of the star will be shown.
- Then, apply the bulk action “Select the winners from voters of participants".
- Finally, click on the “Apply” button.
By clicking the "Apply" button a pop-up window will open that confirms that you are about to start a sweepstakes among among the voters of the selected participants. Click on the "Continue" button to move on to the next step.
Paso 3. Apply the rules of exclusion
On the following page you can apply different rules for exclusion of users to block those you don’t wish to allow to enter the sweepstakes. Specifically, you have the following options at your disposal:
- Exclude users from your blacklist: You can create and manage lists of users who you don’t wish to allow to enter your sweepstakes. These users will be able to participate in future promotions, but they will be automatically excluded from your sweepstakes without them knowing.
- Exclude previous winners based on:
- Promotion: if you carry out multiple sweepstakes in a single promotion you can exclude users who have won one of the past sweepstakes.
- Account: exclude any user who has already won another promotion or sweepstakes that you have carried out from your account.
Step 4. Select the number of prizewinners and alternates
Indicate the number of prizewinners you want for your sweepstakes. Add alternates, in case you’re unable to contact one of the winners or need to make a last-minute substitution. The sum of the total number of prizewinners and alternates must always be less than the total number of finalists.
Would you like to know why alternates are so important? In this post we reveal the answer.
Step 5. Carry out the sweepstakes
The time has come to carry out the sweepstakes. You can hold a trial test first, but the winners and alternates displayed do not represent a valid result and a certificate of validity won’t be generated.
Click on the “Ready! Pick the Winners” button to carry out the final sweepstakes. A small pop-up window will open asking you to confirm that you agree to generate a certificate of public validity:
On the following screen you will see the names of the definitive prizewinners and alternates, and you will have the chance to view and download the details of each one. A certificate of validity will be automatically generated for the sweepstakes you have just carried out. This certificate can be displayed on an external screen.
Step 6. Announcing the winners
Now you can access the Final Winners Page and share it on your social networks. You can also edit the page by uploading an image and/or changing the title and text.
To do this, click on the button "Edit and publish the winners page", which you will find at the bottom of the page, and that will take you to the Editor of the winners page so you can customize the template where you will present the result of the sweepstakes:
Finally, share the results of the sweepstakes with your followers and get in touch with the prizewinners.