In all contests created with Easypromos, whether they be photo, text, or video-based, or a combination of the three, the administrator has the option of displaying entries in a tiled gallery.
The main characteristic of the tiled gallery is that it makes use of all available screen width to display the different elements (texts, photos and videos) in rows, fitting them perfectly into the available space like a brick wall.
Below you can see an example of a tiled gallery in a writing-based contest:
Note: The tiled gallery display is available for the Premium and White Label versions of Easypromos.
How are participants texts displayed within the gallery?
The text-based participations of users are displayed inside a text box in the public contest gallery. This means that each new entry will be presented inside a text box and that these will be distributed in rows inside the gallery.
Each box inside the gallery displays up to 140 characters of the text uploaded by the participant. If the original text is longer then there will be a parenthesis signaling that there is more text. This can be seen in the image below:
To read the complete quote, the user simply clicks on the box, opening the gallery viewer and revealing the rest of the text up to a maximum of 500 characters:
In the case of texts longer than 500 characters, they can be read in their entirety by clicking on the 'More information' link, which will then open the user’s individual participation, revealing the whole text:
How can quotes be customized?
Text-based contest participations are presented in the gallery in the form of a quote inside a text box. This makes the texts and stories sent in by participants stand out even more.
To make the setting up of the contest that much quicker and easier, the app provides administrators with six predefined colors for presenting text boxes.
These are the predefined colors which will be used to display the texts in the gallery:
With the aim of allowing greater customization of the gallery, the administrator can configure the color of the box in order to get the preferred look and feel. This can be useful if the administrator wishes to create a contest using the colors of the brand or the advertising campaign.
Specifically, the text-box customization options are as follows:
- Background color of the box where texts are presented.
- Color of the text font.
To customize the box you can follow these steps:
Enter the "Editor" of the promotion:
2. Go to Pages > Form> Options. Here you should ensure that you have the Gallery enabled.
3. To enable the mosaic template, go to the Gallery> Layout> Tile Gallery section. Once you select the tiled gallery you can customize the following options:
The options that you can configure are:
1. Gallery.: Select the "Tiled gallery".
2. Maximum height of rows. This value allows to control the maximum height of the elements within the tiled gallery layout.
3. Enable hover zoom effect on entries.
4. Color configuration for quotes. The only-text entries of the contest will be displayed within the tiled gallery as quotes inside a colored box. Use this field to set the color configuration for background and font color for each box.
5. Add color. Use this tool to add color background / color text pairs or configure your own.
Below we show an example of a gallery in which the color of the background and the font has been customized with corporate colors: