With the aim of offering a better experience to users who participate in a promotion, the final screen of the promotion – the “Thanks for participating” page – shows a status bar which informs users about the state of their participation. This summary informs users how many participations they have left in the contest (if the multiple participations option is enabled) and how many attempts they have left. They can also see the history of all their participations in the promotion:
Each time the user accesses the final screen of the promotion, he/she will be able to check the following details:
1. Attempts allowed. When dealing with a contest that permits various participations during the course of the promotion, the status bar will show the number of daily participations that are allowed.
2. Attempts remaining. In a promotion with multiple participations, the total number of participations remaining will also be shown. In other words, this is the number of opportunities that the user has left to try his/her luck that day.
3. Participation history. The user can review their participation history, which contains details of the date and time of their participation, and information about whether or not they have been awarded a prize for any of the participations.
4. Notification area. If the daily participations have been used up, the user will be shown a notification just below the “Participate again” button. This notification will inform the user of the following details:
- Time remaining until they can participate again.
- The reason why they can’t participate again.
5. Button with call to action. If the user still has some attempts remaining, he or she will find the “Participate again” button which will invite him/her to try again:
In this way, the status bar serves as a visual aid that guides the user during the course of the promotion.