2021-04-16 - New improvements in Tokens Follow
In order to make calls with the Easypromos API and this way obtain, for example, the data of the captured users, it is necessary to first obtain an Access Token that allows the programmer to obtain a valid response from the API call that was made. The access token is the security system provided by Easypromos to the API and allows:
- Identify in a unique way the Easypromos account that is making the call to the API
- Managing access permissions to the resource you wish to access via the API
- Controlling the frequency of calls to the account API
Obtaining the access token
Tokens are generated from Utilities > Easypromos account developers.
From this page, the user will be able to do the following:
- Create a new token. By default, it will have a 30-day duration.
- Extend a token’s duration up to one year.
- Delete an existing token.
- Add a name to the token to easily identify it. (New feature)
Since tokens have an expiration date, it may be that at some point your token has expired, you do not realize it, and you find that you do not get a response from the API. In order to solve this problem, we have created two new functionalities:
- User when generating a token, can add a name to it, and in this way have it easily identified.
- Account administrators will automatically receive emails reminding them that their token is about to expire until they have renewed or canceled it. They will receive these communications via email:
- 7 days before the token expires.
- 3 days before the token expires.
- 2 days before the token expires.
- 1 day before the token expires.
In this way, you will know at all times when your Tokens are about to expire without having to enter the developers menu.
Check out here our tutorial where we explain step-by-step how to obtain Access Token
Please sign in to leave a comment.