Tutorial - How to create a Word Shuffle game Follow
Want to entertain and challenge your audience? We present you the Word Shuffle game, in which the participants will have to find the hidden words, re-ordering all the letters of the word. Users will earn points if they manage to find the word or words you have hidden, and will also earn additional points based on how fast they do so.
In this way, participants will compete with each other to obtain the highest score in the Ranking and as an administrator you can reward the best player(s).
Specifically, in this tutorial we explain all the steps that will allow you to create a Word Shuffle game, which has the following features:
- You will be able to upload your own words, which users will have to reconstruct letter by letter and the system will create the game automatically.
- You can limit the time the user has to find the words (from 10 to 90 seconds per word).
- You can adapt the difficulty of the game by allowing users to skip words.
- Multiple options to reward participants: You can assign the prize or prizes to the participants with the highest score, draw a draw among the participants with the most points, draw a prize among all participants, etc.
The present tutorial is organized as follows:
Create the promotion
Configuration of the game
Customize the layout and finish the setup
Points management and publication of the winners
1. Create the promotion
How to start creating the Word Shuffle promotion? In this tutorial, we guide you throughout the creation of your promotion so you do not miss any step. You will learn about the different management options that are available to you as an administrator in your dashboard to manage and edit the promotion.
See here the firsts steps to follow to create your promotion.
2. Configuration of the game
Below we explain all the steps to create a "Word Shuffle" promotion.
Step 1. Configure the gameplay options
The next step is to go to the Editor of the promotion > Pages > Participation, and go to edit to start setting up the Word Shuffle game. You can start customizing the game from the "Word Shuffle" tab:
In the "Gameplay settings" tab, you can customize the level of the game and you can choose between two modalities:
- Normal: When changing a letter, the rest of the letters will also move along, which can generate more hits in a single movement. If you have placed more than one word or phrase, the letters are not mixed between words. If the player does not find the word or words in the allotted time, the participation will be deemed a failure.
- Difficult: When moving a letter, only the original letter and the destination letter of the movement are displaced. There is no movement of the rest of the letters, so the user will need to move all the letters one by one to find the complete word. In case you have added phrases, the letters can be mixed between words. Additionally, if you want to upload words that are difficult to find, either because the words are not frequent or because they are long words with many letters that the user should reorder, you can allow the player to skip words: the system will present the users with another word, so they can continue playing and thus have more facility in finding the minimum number of words required to complete the game. The option to skip to the next word will appear after 10 seconds of playing.
Step 2. Upload the words
As a next step, create the words that users will need to arrange and discover to win the game. You can create up to 500 words within the game.
For each word, you will have the possibility to upload a text, as well as an image to give the user a clue about the word to be found. Words must have a minimum of 2 letters, and a maximum of 15 letters. You can add more than one word that users will need to re-order: in this case maximum number of characters will also be 15.
You can either upload the words manually one by one or upload a file that includes all the words in the game, to save time.
To upload all words in bulk, select the "Import from a file" option:
A pop-up will open where you can paste the word list or select the document ( .CSV format) from your device:
The import process accepts CSV with two columns, to allow you to upload the words and their hints at once. When preparing the file, you must include the words to be discovered in the first column and the second column must include the text of the hint.
Once you have created several words, you can configure the following options:
1. The number of words that the user must find to consider the challenge passed and the game completed.
2. Time given based on the number of words to be found: the system will add up between 10 and 90 seconds per word that the user must sort.
Note: The time of each game sums up the time per word with the minimum number of words: for example, if you give 30 seconds per word with a minimum of 3 words to find, users will have 90 seconds to solve the game.
3. Display the words to be sorted in order or randomly. Check the following box if you want users to see the words in random order:
If you prefer to show the words in a specific order, leave the box unchecked,. You will be able to drag and drop the different words to leave them in the definitive order of appearance in the game:
Step 3. Customize the game design
In the "Design" tab you will be able to customize the appearance and colors of the following game features:
1. General design
In this section you can customize the following elements:
- Background image: Allows you to customize the background image of the board.
- Background color: Instead of uploading your own image, if you prefer, you can customize the color of the game board.
- Typography: Customize the typography of the letters that the user must sort to reveal the words.
- Letters layout: Allows you to customize the appearance of the letters with which the user will be playing, sorting them to find the words.
2. Letters to be sorted (default design when accessing the game)
In this section you can customize the following elements:
- Background color: You can edit the background color that will appear behind the letters to be sorted.
- Color of the text: You can edit the text of the letters that the players must go ordering.
3. Letters placed correctly (OK status)
- Background color: Edit the background color that will be displayed behind the letters once they were moved to the right spot. Once the letter is correctly placed, it cannot be moved again.
- Text Color: Edit the text color of letters that are correctly placed.
Step 4. Set up the Instructions and Score Screen pages
The Instructions screen will appear to the user just before starting the Quiz. There, the participants will find a summary of how the game works so that they are informed of the proceeding before being presented with the game.
Additionally, you can customize this screen with a description, an image, as well as the text of the button where users will click to start playing.
In the "Score screen" section, you can customize the texts that will be displayed on the screen that the user will access after completing the game, which allows you to show a summary of the game with the score obtained.
You can customize both the message shown to users who succeed and the screen shown to users who did not complete the game within the time given:
In this screen you can customize the following elements:
- "Feedback text": Message displayed at the top of the screen, which by default comes with the text "Good job!" in the case of the "OK Screen" and "Time's up!" in the "KO by Time Screen".
- Introduction message: Allows you to add a small introduction text that will be placed at the top of the page.
- Background color: Customize the color of the screen shown when the players have failed and when they have succeeded.
3. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Timed Quiz, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc.
Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
4. Managing the points and publication of winners
By default the system will assign 100 points to the players for each word found without error, that is, if all the moves they have made have revealed the correct location of one or more letters.
A move that has failed to find the correct location of any letter is considered an error. In case the user found the word with one or more errors, the system will assign 50 points to the user.
An additional time bonus will be given to reward the fastest players: in particular, for every second left in the game, 10 points will be given to the user.
If the user has not found the minimum number of words needed in the time given, the game is considered finished and lost; the player will not receive any points (0).
How to publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the Quiz, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have three ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
1. Assign the award to the player in the first position of the Ranking. In this case, follow the steps of this videotutorial that explains how you can assign the prize to the fastest player.
2. Carry out a sweepstakes among the users who have obtained a higher score. Follow the steps of this videotutorial that explains how you can create the prize to be raffled among the players with the highest score, for example, the 5 players with the most points.
3. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated in the Quiz. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.
Article is closed for comments.