Until now, when the promotion prize was a promotional code that users had to redeem physically in an establishment or store, the promotion administrator could use the "Validation Portal" tool, a web page that allowed them to validate the codes. For this, the person in charge at the point of sale needed to have a device connected to the Internet (phone, tablet, or computer) to carry out the validation of the codes that the users presented.
The tool has been updated with 4 major enhancements to the current Validation Portal system:
1. Prize redemption done by the consumers on their mobile device: When the users show up at the establishment, they will show their prize on their mobile phones. The users will be able to mark the prize as collected from their mobile phones. In this way, it is not the employee who marks the prize as redeemed from the validation portal. This system aims to eliminate the vendor's task, especially in environments where it can create queues and waiting times.
2. Expiration time of the prizes to redeem: The administrator will be able to define a redemption expiration time, and this time will be displayed on the screen when the user wins the prize. The objective is to generate a feeling of urgency, and in this way increase the prize redemption rate.
3. Statistics of prizes redeemed: The Statistics section has been expanded with the prize redemption module, which includes the information and graphs of the prizes redeemed per day, classified by types of prizes, validation points, etc.
4. New automatic email after redeeming the prize: You can set up an automatic email to be sent when the prize is redeemed, to share a personalized message to the users once they have collected their prizes. You can also create automatic notifications for the administrator when a user redeems the prize.
These improvements are included in the "Prize redemption" menu, which replaces the old Validation Portal menu, in the editor of the promotion. We have changed the name of the tool because now the prizes can be redeemed in two ways: the vendor via the validation portal, and the consumer from their mobile phone.
How does the new "Prizes Redemption" tool work?
The users will arrive at the store and show the "redemption screen" on their mobile phones, a page that presents the information about the prize won so that the person in charge at the point of sale can confirm the delivery of the prize. Once the prize has been handed over, the customer will be the one marking it as redeemed and collected, sliding the bar that appears on the redemption screen.
In this way, the new system of redemption via mobile by the user allows to simplify the redemption process and facilitates and speeds up the management at the point of sale.
The old system of validating prizes at physical points of sale through the Validation Portal is still available and can coexist perfectly with the new redemption system.
Therefore, the "Prize Redemption" tool allows both systems:
- Redemption via the Validation Portal. The system that was in use up until now, in which it is the business employees who redeem the prize by entering the prize reference or scanning the QR through the Validation Portal.
- Prize redemption from mobile phone. This is the new system introduced by the "Prize redemption" tool, in which the users themselves are redeeming the prize from their phone when the store delivers it. The user will mark the prize as redeemed by sliding a bar on the mobile.
In this way, the administrator of the promotion can decide how the prizes can be validated and redeemed at the point of sale. Both systems are complementary, so the promotion can be configured so that both the user from their mobile phone and the vendor from the validation portal can redeem and validate the prizes.
What's new in the "Prize Redemption" tool?
The "Prize redemption" tool incorporates the following novelties related to the process of redeeming prizes at the point of sale:
1. New "Redemption screen"
The redemption screen is the one that the users must show when going to the store to collect their prizes since it presents all the information related to the prize they have won (name, internal reference, expiration time, etc.). This same screen shows the bar that the user can slide when they have received their prize, to mark it as collected.
2. Being able to mark which prizes are redeemable
If you are distributing different prizes in the promotion, from the Editor you can decide which of them are "redeemable", that is, which of the prizes must be physically handed over at a point of sale. To do this, mark the "Redeemable" button, to easily indicate the prizes that will be delivered at your points of sale:
3. Being able to define an expiration time
Optionally, you can set an expiration time for the prizes that will be redeemed in person, which will determine the time that users will have to go to the physical point of sale to collect the prize. You can apply an expiration time in two different ways:
a) Overall expiration time for all prizes: Set a unique date, all the promotion prizes will have the same expiration date by default.
b) Individual expiration time per prize: Allows you to establish a different expiration date for each of the redeemable prizes of the promotion.
4. New Security PIN for Validation Points
As before, you can enable different validation points, one for each of the physical stores where the prizes can be redeemed, one for each employee, etc. Each validation point must have its own access password but, in addition, you can now define a Security PIN for it. This PIN is the one used for the new mobile redemption system and adds extra security to the redemption process. In this way, in order to mark the prize as collected, the user must enter the security PIN on the redemption screen that will be provided by the person in charge at the point of sale.
5. Redeemed prizes information
From the "Users” section of the promotion, the administrator will be able to enter the "Prize redemption" tool to obtain detailed information regarding the redemption of the prizes given to the winners and see the details of the prize won. The information concerning the validation point where the prizes were redeemed, and the date it was delivered to the user will be available from that section.
6. Statistics concerning the prize redemption
In the "Statistics'' section of the promotion, we have added a new section with the statistics of the redeemed prizes. The information available there is the following:
- Redemption Conversion Rate: Indicates how many prizes have been redeemed compared to the prizes given away in the promotion. The percentage is indicated, and it is available both by total prizes and by type of prize.
- Redemption Statistics by prize type
- Daily evolution
- By day of the week.
- By hours of the day.
- In total.
- Redemption statistics by validation point:
- In total
- Daily evolution.
- Redemption stats by Validation portal vs. slider (Via mobile phone).
7. New email when the prize is redeemed
From the Email Platform, a new type of email has been created, "On redeeming a prize", which allows the creation of the following two types of emails:
- Send an email to the users when they redeem a prize, to confirm the delivery and collection of the prize, as a thank you for their loyalty as a customer, etc.
- Send an internal notification to the promotion administrator each time a user redeems a prize with the information of the user and the prize, as well as the validation point where it was redeemed.