In promotions organized by a single store or brand, where the purchase receipts generated include a unique invoice number that uses the same format, the organizer can add an additional security measure to ensure that customers do not try to participate multiple times by uploading different photos of the same purchase receipt.
To do so, in addition to uploading the image of the receipt, the customer is asked to validate the invoice number, which prevents fraud in purchase receipts. The user will not be able to participate again with the same receipt since the invoice code will have been validated previously.
Important: Before setting up the Invoice number validation in your promotion, you must confirm that each receipt includes a unique invoice code or number. In addition, it will be necessary to confirm the format of all the receipts that will be generated during the campaign. The invoice number must have the same format to be able to generate a unique regular expression, which the system will use to validate if the customer's receipt is valid, and that it has not been previously used to participate in your promotion.
How to configure the Requirement to add the Invoice number in addition to the ticket image?
To ask the user to enter the invoice number when uploading the image of the purchase receipt, follow the steps detailed below.
Go to the Promotion Editor > Participation > Requirements tab and configure the requirement as follows:
1. Enable the option to Validate a code, which will correspond to the customer's receipt or invoice number.
2. Select the option to comply with the requirement in each participation if you want the customer to upload a new purchase receipt in each participation.
3. Code validation: the invoice number can be validated using a regular expression so that all numbers follow a certain format (for example: INV012345)
They could also be validated against a set of codes: to do this, you must upload the invoice number list previously when configuring the promotion. Only the numbers that you have uploaded in the code set list will be valid to participate.
4. Check the "codes are single-use" button so customers cannot participate again with the same invoice number.
5. Check the option to ask the customer to upload a photo of the purchase receipt to participate.
6. Check the Automatic Validation via OCR option, to be able to condition the validation of the purchase receipt.
7. Within the OCR system configuration options, check the option to Verify that the code appears in the image. In this way, the system will validate that the invoice number entered is present in the invoice photo.
You can also add additional conditions for validating the invoice image, such as: the invoice amount must be greater than date or amount of the ticket is valid, etc... Enter here to see how to configure the OCR validation conditions.
How will it look for customers participating in the promotion?
By typing the invoice number and uploading the image of the ticket, if it is the first time the invoice number is uploaded and the ticket is valid, the customer will be able to confirm their participation:
On the other hand, if the image was previously uploaded or the invoice number was validated by uploading a different image of the same purchase receipt, the user will see an informative error message (KO) and will not be able to participate again:
Where can I see the invoice number?
From the Promotion management page > Users > Tools > Requirements section, the administrator will be able to view the invoice numbers as well as the images of the tickets uploaded by customers. This information can be exported to obtain a file in .CSV format with the invoice number and the download URL of the purchase receipt images.
In addition, it is possible to filter by invoice number to find a specific ticket, with the search by code element: