In Premium and White Label promotions you can set up and send emails to participants, selecting various criteria to filter those you wish to contact at a specific time or for a particular action.
Note: The Emails Platform is not included by default in Promotions created with the Basic version. It can be included as an extension for $50USD.
These email communications can be set up from the Emails Platform which you can access from the promotion management page:
From this platform you can:
How to create and configure emails
From this section you can create an email and configure it to fit your aims:
General message settings
Configure the type of message that you wish to send:
Give the email a title
Describe in one sentence the objective of this email. This will help you identify it from a list with other emails from the same promotion.
Type of email
This option permits you to determine the moment at which the email is to be sent. This moment can be a particular event carried out by a promotion participant (on signup, on voting, on recruiting, on validating their email address); it can be at a scheduled date; or it can be at a time manually controlled by the administrator. The system allows you to choose from six email types:
- On registering: this email will be automatically sent to participants as soon as they sign up for the promotion.
- On recruiting a new user: this email will be sent automatically when a participant recruits a new user to the contest.
- On getting a vote: this email will be sent when a user’s participation receives a new vote.
- On validating the email: this email will be sent automatically when a participant validates his or her email correctly. Visit the specific tutorial.
- On scheduled date: this email will be sent automatically at the date and time specified by the administrator.
- Manual: this email will be sent manually by the administrator.
In the next section you can select which promotion participants you’d like to send the email to, depending on the type of email you are setting up.
Types of filter that you can configure:
- All participants
- Winning Moment winners
- Questionnaire results
- Number of recruited users
- Number of votes
- Validated users
- By published participation
Note: in this section you can also use the basic fields of the registration form that you have enabled (gender, age, city, etc.) as filters. This includes any additional fields you may have added, plus verification boxes.
How the filters work
When selecting the filters labelled “All participants” and “Winners” these will be added directly to the configuration of the email since they have no more segmentation.
For the rest of the filters, you should select each condition and value that will determine the filter you wish to activate. Use the green button to add the filter once you have configured it to your needs. For example:
The "country" filter is not linked to the “country” field of the registration form. Instead, it includes those countries where the promotion has been enabled (available in Premium and White Label). This means that it links participants to one country or another, depending on their IP address.
Note: you can add various filters to the same email. For example, you could send a message only to female participants who have obtained X points in the quiz.
- From name: write the name of the company or brand that is sending the message. E.g. Fruterías El Campo. This field can also be configured from “Options” in the Emails Platform.
- Subject: write the text that will be displayed as the subject of the email received by participants.
- Body: write the text that will make up the body of the email. Use content and smart tags to fill it with customized information.
- Attach documents: if needed, add documents to be included with the message. Consult the characteristics of compatible files.
Activate the delivery of this type of email
This option only appears when the email has been created. By default, on creating the email, sending is activated. If you are not ready to send it yet, uncheck this box before clicking on “create.”
If you’d like to use automatic emailing to ensure that notifications reach you, this option can be found in the last section of email configuration. Activate this option if you’d like to receive an email when the conditions specified in the “Recipients” section are met. This means that instead of reaching participants, this message would be sent only to one specific email address of your choosing.
Example: if you want to know instantly when a user obtains a maximum score on the quiz, you can create an email filtered by this characteristic and have it sent to your address as a notification.
In the list of emails you will see all the email types that you have configured, plus their status.
Together with the title of each email, the following management options are displayed:
- Edit the email
- Copy the email
- Delete the email
- Send a test email
Depending on whether you have set the email up to be sent automatically or manually, one of the following two options will appear:
- "Confirm and send" when the email is to be sent manually. Clicking on this option will take you to the emailing launch screen.
- “Activated-deactivated” button when the sending is automatic. This should be green, so that the configured email is sent to participants at the predefined moment.
When configuring the email, you can choose for it to be sent manually. Manually sent emails can be identified by the icon and the “confirm and send” button.
To send them:
1. Send yourself a test email to check that everything’s correct.
2. Click on the “Confirm and send” button.
3. Select the option entitled "Don’t send to users who have already been sent this email” (optional).
4. Click on the "Send now" button.
In the list of emails you will always see the date of the last email you have sent and the total number of emails sent.
Automatic emails include all email types except for the manual ones: on signup, on a scheduled date, on recruiting, on obtaining a vote, and on validating an email. They can be identified by the “activated-deactivated” button.
To send them:
1. Send a test email to check that everything’s correct.
2. Check that the email’s status button is activated.
In the list of emails you will always see the number of emails sent.
Configure common options
From the “Options” section you can configure the following aspects common to all the emails:
- From: Write the name of the company or brand that is sending the email.
- Email signature: name and address of the company in order to make clear who is sending the email. HTML code accepted.
- Header image: attach a header image that is common to all emails. 600px wide by 100px high.
- Promotion footer image: attach an image for the footer of all emails. 600px wide by 80px high.
- Correct validation text: when a participant receives the email to validate their email address they must follow the link generated with the “smart tag” <validate_email>. Here they will see a screen with the text that you have entered in this field.
Note: The email sender's address can't be customized. You’ll still be able to configure the name of the sender; however the email sender’s address will become email@example.com (for Basic and Premium promotions) and firstname.lastname@example.org (for White Label promotions). Customize the email sender's address is not permitted in order to minimize the chances of the message going to the participant’s spam folder. Easypromos domains come configured with all the best practices for reducing the risk of spam.