Publication and Dissemination - Registering multiple users in a fair, congress or event Follow
The Easypromos platform can be used to prepare promotions for a variety of situations, including congresses and fairs. In these types of events it is common for companies to encourage attendees to visit their stands by offering them prizes for taking part in a survey, sweepstakes, questionnaire or similar. A tablet or mobile device with an internet connection is usually used to register all the participants. The device must be prepared beforehand for its continued multi-use.
Below we outline three important questions to consider when preparing this type of action:
How should I prepare the mobile device before the event?
How should I set up the application?
What will the participation process be like?
A host will be in charge of helping visitors who want to register?
1. How should I prepare the mobile device before the event?
Part of your general preparation for the promotion should involve setting up the mobile devices that you’ll use during the event. This will ensure that your promotional action goes without a hitch. Check out this article containing tips on how to prepare your mobile device or tablet.
2. How should I set up the app?
You can learn more about the general promotion setup by checking out the corresponding tutorial, but here are some options you should pay particular attention to. These features can all be customized via the “Editor” tool.
- Login. User identification should always be via email. For this reason you should make sure that any other Login method is enabled. This way, the user will be able to login with their email address. To do so, you should go to Editor > Pages > Login and registration, where you need to enable "Email" only:
- Participations. Set the number of entries per user according to the number of times you want users to be able to participate with the same email address. To do so, you should go to Editor > Pages > Participation > Options:
- Disable IP restrictions. In the section Editor > Pages > Login and registration > Security options, ensure that 'Max. entries by Browser/IP' is 0, and that 'Frequency of participation from the same IP' is disabled, so they don’t impede multiple participations from the same device.
- Final page. You can use an extra feature which allows you to enable a button on the final page. This feature is specifically designed for carrying out the registration of multiple participants on a single device and it gives users the opportunity to finalize their participations manually. You can activate the “Disconnect and start over” button and modify the text. You can find this option in Editor > Pages > Final > Options:
3. What will the participation process be like?
Once the app and the tablet are prepared, the participation experience will be as follows:
1. When the user picks up the pre-prepared tablet he or she will see the promotion home page. The user should now click on the “Participate” button.
2. The user will access the Login page, where they must enter their email.
3. Then the registration form will be shown, which you will need to fill out.
4. Then they will complete the entry mechanics based on the type of promotion (whether it be a quiz, a Wheel, a game, etc.).
5. Once the participation mechanism is completed, the user will access the "Final" page, where they will see the "Disconnect" button so that the user can end their session and leave the promotion ready for the next participant.
4. A host will be in charge of helping visitors who want to register?
It is probable that throughout the event, you will have a host or person who will be in charge of helping visitors who want to spin the Wheel and who will manage the delivery of the prizes to the winners live, so you might not be interested in users having to identify themselves or fill in the registration form in order to play. In this case, how is user participation managed?
If so, we will need to take the following steps:
1. Login: We will need to enable the Anonymous Mode in the "Login & Registration" section of the promotion, so that users can participate without having to identify themselves or register through the form. To enable Anonymous Mode, we only have to click on the "Enabled" button to disable the Login and registration system:
The screen should look as follows:
Note: With this configuration, you will not obtain the visitor's registration data, but if a host is planned at the fair, congress or shopping center, this person can help visitors to participate in the promotion and, at the same time, manage the delivery of the prizes to the attendees.
2. Set a high number of participations: As all visitors will participate within the same session, the system will consider that it is the same user, so you will need to enable a very high number of participations so that there is no limit on the number of users that can participate.
To do this, you would access the Editor of your Wheel promotion > Pages > Participation > Options and in the option "How many participations do you want to give?" indicate a quite high number (for example 10,000 even if your expectations are around 5,000 visitors to your booth) and in the option "How often?" select "In total".
Make sure that the "Participants can only win a single direct prize" option is disabled, too.
In this way, you will ensure that everyone will be able to spin the wheel and no user is deprived of participating in your promotion.
Once Anonymous Mode is configured, you will need to adjust the promotion settings following the previous points in this tutorial (Set number of entries, Remove restrictions by IP and configure the logout button on the Final page).
Please sign in to leave a comment.