The 'Pick-A-Winner App' enables you to import a list of users from a CSV or text file and run a sweepstakes among all of them, selecting one or more winners at random. The application provides you with a certificate of validity confirming that the selection process was carried out entirely at random. It also gives you the opportunity to present the winners through a microsite and obtain an exclusive URL to publish the result. If your list includes the email addresses of the participants, you can use the 'Claim your prize' system so that they can confirm their data and that way ease the prize fulfillment management process.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to running this type of sweepstakes:
- Step 1. Access the Control panel
- Step 2. Configure the basic features of the sweepstakes
- Step 3. Check the list of finalists and apply exclusions
- Step 4. Define the numbers of winners and alternates
- Step 5. Run a test and activate the sweepstakes
- Step 6. Prepare to announce the winners
Step 1. Access the Dashboard
Access the Easypromos Control panel via this link: http://admin.easypromosapp.com. If you are not a user yet, create an account first, then go to your control panel to generate and manage your promotions.
This is your control panel:
A) Your account information is in the top bar. Use your account ID (preceded by the # symbol) to identify yourself if you need to request help from the Support Center.
B) This is where your promotions will be listed and classified according to their status: Active, Draft and Old.
Step 2. Configure the basic features of the sweepstakes
Click on the “CREATE MY FIRST PROMOTION” button to start setting it up.
Choose the “Pick-A-Winner App” option.
You will be presented with the setup screen of the sweepstakes.
1. Enter a the Organizer name and a title to identify your sweepstakes.
2. Choose where you would like to import the participants from. If you have the information of the participants in a .CSV or .TXT file, you can use the first option. If the data is in an Excel file (.XLS or .XLSX) we suggest you use the copy and paste tools.
Select the file or copy and paste the information to the appropriate box and click “Import”.
3. By importing the information from the file, you will be presented with the importation options in Step 3:
1. If the imported file has headers, activate this option and it will be easier for you to identify and manage the columns.
2. By default, information will be presented with the most suitable tabulation. Manage the settings if the information is not separated by columns as it should be.
3. You can preview how the data is being imported. Not all the records are shown; you will only see a sample. The last entry will also be included to give you an idea of the total number of rows/users.
4. You can use the "Combine fields" option, which allows to combine columns as the display field. For example, if the CSV file includes "NAME" and "SURNAME" columns, with the "Combine fields" option you will be able to show the names of participants by combining both columns.
5. Main field. This is the field used to identify the participant. It’s the one used for the random selection of the winners. By default, the tool will present you with the field considered most suitable. We suggest you make it the 'email' field so you can easily notify the winners via email and enable the claim you prize system so that prizewinners can identify themselves and send you more information.
6. Display field. This field will be used to publicly display the participants/winners.
7. Field with number of entries. If you want to give additional entries for the sweepstakes, you can include a column in your CSV file to indicate the number of additional entries for each participant of the list.
8. The tool will ask you how it should behave if it finds identical records in the main field. These can either be ignored or counted as additional entries.
Note: if you have a file that includes the fields 'name' and 'email', we recommend that you indicate the name as 'display field' and the email as 'main field'.
Configure the sweepstakes by adjusting these options and clicking “Import” to start the winner selection process.
Step 3. Check the list of finalists and apply exclusions
You’re on the page of the open sweepstakes. Beneath the title you’ll find the number of participants and the options for viewing the list data. From here you’ll also be able to exclude participants or include them in the blacklist.
Select the 'Exclude users from the blacklist' option if you want the exclusion to be applied.
Step 4. Define the number of winners and alternates
Next, indicate how many winners and how many alternate winners you want to select. We recommend that you always request alternate winners as this will ensure that the prize fulfillment management is easier and more efficient.
Clicking on "Continue" will take you to the Test Page.
Step 5. Run a test and activate the sweepstakes
Before running the random sweepstakes you will have the opportunity to carry out various tests to see how the tool works.
Clicking on “Select winners” will activate the random sweepstakes. Once the sweepstakes has been carried out it won’t be possible to repeat it.
Step 6. Prepare to announce the winners
Congratulations! The sweepstakes has been completed and you should now see a screen with the results. Now you can start thinking about announcing the winners and preparing to award the prizes.
In carrying out the sweepstakes, the tool will have generated two very important URLs:
- Certificate of Validity URL. A certificate of validity has been emitted confirming that the sweepstakes has been carried out just once and at random. This certificate can’t be modified and it identifies this specific sweepstakes. Share this URL when announcing the prizewinners to ensure that participants can see that your sweepstakes has been fair and transparent.
- Winners Page URL. A microsite displaying the winners and alternates has also been created, making it much easier for you to announce the results. You will be able to customize this page to adapt it to your brand and needs.
On this page you will find a number of actions that will help you to manage the winners. We recommend the following order:
1. Customize the Winners Page
In the section entitled 'Announcing the winners’, click on the pencil icon to edit the Winners Page and customize it to fit your needs.
2. Enable and configure the 'Claim your prize' system.
Do you want winners to be able to claim their prize and confirm their details? If the platform has access to the email addresses of entrants, because you imported them during the sweepstakes, then you can activate the "Claim your prize" module. This means that the winning entrant will be able to claim the prize and confirm his/her details on the Winners Page. Activate this system for a more efficient prize fulfillment management. Here we explain more about how to use this tool and the opportunities it provides.
3. Notify the winners
In the section entitled ‘Winners publication' you will find two options for directly notifying prizewinners (as long as you have their email addresses). These are the envelope icon and the ‘NOTIFY THE WINNERS’ button.
Draft the text that you wish your winner/s to receive. Now send it. When the winner/s have been notified, the icon will turn green:
Note: If you have activated the “Claim your prize” module, the default text of the email will lead to the “Claim your prize” URL.
4. Announce the winners.
Once you have everything ready, it’s time to share the Winners Page. You can use the “SHARE ON SOCIAL NETWORKS” button or copy and share the URL of the Winners Page directly.
5. Manage the winners and alternates
From the 'Winners and alternates' section you’ll be able to:
- See who has claimed their prizes and view the personal data they’ve provided.
- Manage the prizewinners, substituting them if necessary.
- Download all the information provided by prizewinners to a file.
If you follow these steps your sweepstakes should go perfectly!