What is Zapier?
Zapier is a tool in the cloud designed to build automations around third-party applications, taking advantage of the potential of APIs. In this way, the Zapier platform allows you to automatically connect platforms to each other, in order to automate tasks in almost any application, based on events that occur in other applications.
Easypromos integration with Zapier allows you to connect the application with any of the applications that are integrated in Zapier, and from this connection, automate tasks. For example: you can connect the Easypromos application with Google Sheets, so that the data of the users registered in your promotion is sent automatically and in real time to the document in Google Sheet.
Note: The integration with Zapier is available only for promotions created with White Label version of the platform.
What can you do with the Zapier integration?
The integration with Zapier will allow you to easily send the leads from your promotions to any app available in Zapier. The integrations, or Zaps as they are called in Zapier, are easily set up in a very simple, intuitive and visual way, with no need for programming.
In particular, the integration with Zapier can be configured for two different types of events (triggers):
- “New entry”. This event is fired when a new user registers for the promotion. Available for promotions with 1-step login and 2-step login.
- "New participation". This event is fired when a user participates in the promotion. Available only for promotions with 2-step login.
Some examples of the integrations that you can achieve with Zapier are:
- Save each entry registered in your promotion in a Google Sheet document.
- Receive an email for each new user registered in the promotion.
- Add new leads to your Salesforce CRM every time a new entry is registered in your promotion.
- Add each entry registered in your promotion as a new subscriber to your Mailchimp mailing list.
- Receive a Slack notification for each new entry registered in your promotion.
Before you begin
Before starting the process you should keep in mind the following:
- In order to integrate your promotion with Zapier, you must have an account on this platform.
- The integration with Zapier is available only for promotions created with the White Label version of the platform.
- To enable the integration with Zapier you will be asked for the following information:
- Platform version: White Label.
- Promotion title.
- API Access Token, which you must previously generate from your control panel, in the Utilities > Developers menu, following these instructions.
How to set up Zapier
We explain you below how to set up Zapier in your promotion.
1. Go to the "Integrations" section from the main menu of your promotion:
2. Locate the "Zapier" integration:
3. Next, you will access the Zapier platform where after logging in with your account you can start configuring the Zap by following the steps that will guide you throughout the process until you have completed the integration of your Zap.
Practical case: How to connect the Easypromos promotion with Gmail
Below we explain how to connect the promotion with Gmail to receive an email for each new user registered in the promotion.
1. Within the Zapier platform sign up or log in if you already have an account.
2. Then, in the search bar enter the name of the application you want to integrate with the promotion to start configuring the integration.
For this tutorial, we will integrate our contest with Gmail. Specifically, the integration with Zapier will allow us to connect the Easypromos promotion database with our Gmail account, so that every time a user registers in the promotion, an email is sent through Gmail.
3. On the next screen you can configure the event (trigger) that you want your Zap to start. Currently, for the Easypromos application you can configure two different events:
- "New entry", that is, a new entry registered in the promotion.
- "New participation", that is, a new participation in the promotion.
4. Then decide what action you want to see happen. In our case, we want the action to be "Send an email".
5. Finally, click on “Connect my apps” to select your Easypromos account.
6. Next, the system will ask you to authorize the connection between Easypromos and Zapier. Once the Easypromos application is authorized, you will see your Easypromos account added to your Zapier account, ready for you to select it.
7. Then click on the "Continue" button and you will be redirected to the first step of the process, which consists in configuring the Easypromos Entry. To do this, you will need to configure the following three options:
- Platform: Indicate the Easypromos version of your promotion (White Label version).
- Promotion: Select your promotion from the list.
- API Access Token: You can obtain an Access Token from your Easypromos control panel, in the Utilities > Developers menu. Follow these instructions to get the Access Token.
8. Click on the “Refresh fields” button to save the changes and finally click on “Continue” to advance to the next step.
9. Next, test your Easypromos event by comparing it to an existing entry in the promotion:
10. Once the test is finished, click on the "Continue" button to move to the next step.
11. Now it's time to select the action you want your Zap to perform. Specifically, the action will be to send an email using Gmail. Click the "Continue" button to configure the email:
12. In the next step, we must connect a Gmail account:
13. Below, you will find some options that will allow you to configure the email that will be sent, such as the recipient, the sender, the subject of the email, and the message itself.
14. In the next step, you will be sent a test email to the configured email address.
15. As a last step, activate the Zap so that it is ready to go live when you communicate and launch your promotion: