What is Zapier?
Zapier is a tool in the cloud designed to build automations around third-party applications, taking advantage of the potential of APIs. In this way, the Zapier platform allows you to automatically connect platforms to each other, in order to automate tasks in almost any application, based on events that occur in other applications.
Easypromos integration with Zapier allows you to connect the application with any of the applications that are integrated in Zapier, and from this connection, automate tasks. For example: you can connect the Easypromos application with Google Sheets, so that the data of the users registered in your promotion is sent automatically and in real time to the document in Google Sheet.
Note: The integration with Zapier is available only for promotions created with the Premium and White Label version of the platform.
What can you do with the Zapier integration?
The integration with Zapier will allow you to easily send the leads from your promotions to any app available in Zapier. The integrations, or Zaps as they are called in Zapier, are easily set up in a very simple, intuitive and visual way, with no need for programming.
Some of the integrations that you can enable with Zapier are:
- Add new leads to your Salesforce CRM every time a new entry is registered in your promotion.
- Add each entry registered in your promotion as a new subscriber to your Mailchimp mailing list.
- Save each entry registered in your promotion in a Google Sheet document.
- Receive a Slack notification for each new entry registered in your promotion.
Before you begin
Before starting the process you should keep in mind the following:
- In order to integrate your promotion with Zapier, you must have an account on this platform.
- The integration with Zapier is available only for promotions created with the Premium and White Label version of the platform.
How to set up Zapier
We’ve done some of the work for you if you want to integrate promotions with Zapier to send leads to one of these apps:
We explain you below how to set up one of these 16 Zaps in your promotion.
1. Go to the "Integrations" section from the main menu of your promotion:
2. Locate the "Integration with Zapier" section and select the application you want to integrate with your promotion. In this tutorial, we will take the "Google Sheets" application as an example:
3. Next, you will access the Zapier platform where you can start configuring the Zap. Click on the "Create this Zap" button:
4. Next, follow the steps that will guide you through the entire process until you have completed the integration of your Zap.
The application you want to use is not among the list of applications already configured? Case study: How to connect the Easypromos promotion with Gmail.
If the application you want to use to create your Zap is not in the list of preconfigured zaps, you can easily create your own Zap by following the steps that we explain in this tutorial.
1. From the "Integrations" section click on the option “Create your own integrations in Zapier”:
2. You will be redirected to the Zapier platform. Sign up or log in if you already have an account. Once you have created your account, click on the "Make a ZAP" button:
3. In the app search, type "Easypromos" and select it:
4. The next screen allows you to select the event you want your Zap to start. Currently, for the Easypromos application the only event available is: "New entry", that is, a new entry registered in the promotion. Click on the "Save and continue" button to move to the next step:
5. Then click on "Connect an account" to log in with your Easypromos account.
6. Next, the system will ask you to authorize the connection between Easypromos and Zapier:
7. Once the connection is authorized, the pop-up will disappear and you will see your Easypromos account added to your Zapier account, ready for you to select it:
8. Click on the "Test" button to check if the account is connecting correctly with Easypromos:
9. Once your account has been connected successfully, you can start creating your Zap. By clicking on the "Continue" button you will be redirected to the first step of the process, which consists in configuring the Easypromos Entry. To do this, you will need to configure the following two options:
- Platform: Indicate the Easypromos version of your promotion (Premium or White Label).
- Promotion: Select your promotion from the list.
Click on the "Continue" button to move to the next step:
10. Next, test your Easypromos event by comparing it to an existing entry in the promotion:
11. Once the test is finished, click on the "Fetch & Continue" button to move to the next step. Now it's time to select the action you want your Zap to perform. To do this, search the App that you want to use to perform the action among the catalog of available apps:
12. In this example, we will use the "Gmail" application. Once selected, in the next step we must indicate what action we want this application to perform, in this case, we select "Send email:
13. In the next step, we must connect a Gmail account:
14. After authorizing the permissions, click on "Save + continue":
15. Below, you will find some options that will allow you to configure the email that will be sent, such as the recipient, the sender, the subject of the email, and the message itself.
16. In the next step, you will be sent a test email to the configured email address, and you will have your Zap ready to work with each new entry registered in your contest.