In this tutorial, we will explain how the promotion administrator can add and adapt the legal texts of the promotion. We have separated them into two groups:
In order to do so, the platform offers you two ways of configuring the check boxes:
1. Simple mode
How to set up the legal texts
Go to the section Editor> General> Legal content > Terms and conditions, where you will have a field called "Content" in which you can upload the text of your terms and conditions:
When inserting the legal texts in the Promotion Editor, an opt-in box is automatically generated, which will be displayed in the promotion entry form. Both checkboxes will be of mandatory acceptance by users to be able to complete the registration process.
Do you have the terms and conditions hosted on an external site?
If you have the terms and conditions hosted on an external site, for example, on your website, blog or site created for the occasion, you can directly enter the URL where you have them hosted.
To do this, you must click on the option shown below:
Next, a text field to insert the external URL will appear:
Once added, the system will automatically add the terms and conditions’ checkbox to the entry form.
How to modify the text of the checkbox
By default, the checkbox comes with the text "I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions." But you have the possibility to modify this text if you need it. The text consists of two parts:
1. I have read and accept the
This text can easily be modified from the Promotion Editor, from the same "Legal content" section, where you will find the field "Label for acceptance checkbox":
Important! You must keep the parameter "% s" as it will converted into the link "Terms and conditions" of the second part of the text.
2. Terms and conditions
This text is actually a link that allows you to click on a small pop-up window with the contents of the terms and conditions. To change the text of this link, you must do it by using the "Dictionaries" tool. In the search box you will have to search for "Terms and conditions" and, from here, you will have a field available to modify this text for the one you want:
Once the Dictionary has been applied to the promotion, the default text of the acceptance box will be replaced by the text you have defined here.
2. Advanced mode
If you do not want to use the predefined Easypromos opt-in boxes, you have the possibility to create your own checkboxes. This option can be useful in the following two situations:
- When you want to control the order with which you want to present the check boxes.
How to set your own opt-in checkboxes
Here's how you can create your own opt-in checkboxes:
1. Go to the Editor> Entry form> Fields, click on the "Add Element" button and select "Opt-in field":
2. Next, in the "Title" field, add the text you want to show for this opt-in checkbox in the entry form. Use the <a href></a> tag to enter the link where you have the terms and conditions text.
Example: I confirm that I have read and accept the <a href="terms_and_conditions_link">terms and conditions</a>.
This is how you should enter the text with the <a href> tag in the "Title" field:
Note: If you don't have a system to host the legal texts in your own web page, you can upload them in the section Editor> General> Legal texts> field "Content", and the system will generate a URL that will open the legal texts in web format. This is the link that you should put in the <a href></a> tag.
3. Finally, disable the predefined opt-in box by checking the option "Do not show the checkbox automatically":
Easypromos has developed a cookie management system following the rules of the GDPR.
For the correct operation of a promotion, Easypromos uses the two following groups of cookies:
- Technical cookies: these are mandatory for the proper functioning of the campaigns. These cookies are divided in two groups:
- Our own technical cookies: these are mandatory for the proper functioning of the promotion.
- Third-party cookies (social media): these are mandatory for features that allow sharing on social media, show social follow buttons, and for social login.
- Analytical cookies: these are the cookies that allow measuring the number of page visits, based on Google Analytics.
When the cookie system is enabled, Easypromos automatically deactivates the analytical cookies, and the user needs to accept or reject them explicitly. If the user rejects them, it will affect the visits insights of the promotion, since the user doesn't give consent to count it.
NOTE: Easypromos doesn't control the cookies added by the users through ad pixels or analytics tracking systems in the fields for advanced code.
For greater transparency regarding the cookies used in a promotion, the administrator has the option of customizing the following elements:
2. Second layer: Cookie manager. This gives the option of explaining in more detail about the technical cookies and the analytical cookies that the platform uses to work properly. This layer also includes a switch button that lets the user enable or disable the analytical cookies. If the user chooses to disable the analytical cookies, the Google Analytics cookies are disabled for this user.
Additionally, the system registers if the user has enabled or disabled the analytical cookies, and this information is shown for each user in the list of participants. It is also included in the data exported through the different channels: CSV/Excel download, API and Webhooks.