The Facebook Giveaway app offers the option of adding users that who use bad practices to your blacklist so that you can exclude them automatically from each new giveaway that you carry out.
You create a blacklist for each of your Facebook pages.
In this tutorial we explain the following:
- Step 1. How to add users to a blacklist
- Step 2. How to exclude the users in your blacklist from your giveaways
Follow these steps to add users to your blacklist:
1. Open the management page of your giveaway and click on “View” to open the list of participants:
2. A pop-up with a list of all the participants in the giveaway will open. Click to tick the box in the column “Blacklist” to add a user to the list:
3. You can view the list from the menu Utilities > Blacklist, from where you can also remove users from the list if necessary. The list includes the name of the Facebook page that each user has been added for:
This means that you will create a separate blacklist for each of your Facebook pages.
Since the users in your blacklist are arranged by Facebook page, for each new giveaway you carry out, you can exclude the users that are on the blacklist for that specific page.
To do this, in the step before selecting the winners, you will find the section “User exclusion rules” and the option “Exclude blacklisted users”:
Important! This option excludes all the users that you have added to the blacklist for the Facebook page where you're running the giveaway from. It won't exclude users from the blacklists for other Facebook pages that you administer.
What are the Blacklist candidates?
Underneath the option to exclude blacklisted user, you will see a link that says “Blacklist candidates”. The blacklist candidates are the Facebook users that you have added to the blacklist for other Facebook pages and the system will show them here in case you want to add them to the blacklist for the current Facebook page as well.
When you click on “Blacklist candidates” you will see the users and the name of the Facebook page that they’re already on the blacklist for, as well as a box to add them to the list for the current Facebook page as well. If you tick the box, the user will be added to the blacklist and excluded from the current giveaway.