From October 1, the options of what to display in an expired promotion have been limited. A promotion is considered expired when it reaches the End Publication Date of the promotion.
The following changes have been applied:
- Available display options in an expired promotion
- Display options that are no longer available
- Editing the dates of an expired promotion
1. Available display options in an expired promotion
Once the promotion has expired, the administrator has the following options:
- Show expired page (default option). When a promotion expires, by default the option “Show expired page” is activated so the URL will show a message saying: “This promotion has expired”. The administrator can edit this message and the content of this page following these instructions.
- Show winners. This option is available if the Winners page of the promotion is published, and allows to direct visitors directly to see the winners. This option is available during 1 month after the expiry date of the promotion.
- Redirect to URL. If you prefer to redirect visitors to an external website, use this option. You can enter the domain, and when users access the URL of the promotion, they will automatically be redirected.
2. Display options that are no longer available
The following two options are no longer available:
- Showing the Welcome page of the promotion.
- Showing the Gallery of the promotion.
Note: To maintain the Gallery of the contest published, for example in a Photo or Video Contest, it’s necessary to extend the End Publication date of the promotion and purchase the additional months, according to the price of the selected version.
3. Editing the dates of an expired promotion
You can edit the dates of the promotion up to three months after the expiry date of the promotion. This means that you can re-open a promotion by editing the publication dates, in the three months following the expiry date.
If the administrator wishes to use an old promotion for a new campaign, the promotion can be copied and re-used that way, by following these instructions.
See this tutorial for all the available options for managing a finished promotion.