Two months after launching our new "Spin the Wheel" app, we've implemented a bundle of updates and improvements with the objective of simplifying the set-up of this type of promotion as well as incorporating a series of new features.
In this article we will give you the details about these updates and improvements:
- How does the probability of the prizes in the prize wheel work?
- Prize wheel always after registration
- New prize type: "Spinning the wheel"
- Create a message for participants with no prize
- Show an animated image of the prize wheel on the Welcome page and on the Entry form page
- Download the images of the prize wheel to help design creatives
- The prize wheel supported in the preview of the promotion
1. How does the probability of the prizes in the prize wheel work?
The probability of winning a prize in the wheel is the same as the number of segments in the wheel and units of the prize. For example, if a prize has 2 segments in a wheel with 10 segments, the probability of winning this prize is 2 to 10 (20%).
Additionally, there’s an option of adding a condition to the prizes in the wheel so that the prize won’t be assigned until a chosen date has passed. The prize will always appear on the wheel but it won’t be assigned until the date has passed.
In this link, we explain how the probability of the prize wheel works.
2. Prize wheel always after registration
The option of BEFORE/AFTER the entry form is no longer available. From now on, the prize wheel will always be shown AFTER submitting the entry form.
This way, the flow of the pages in the promotion is this:
- Welcome page
- Entry form page
- Prize wheel
- Thank you page
3. New prize type: "Spinning the wheel"
To make it easier to manage the prizes in the wheel, we've created a new prize type called "Spinning the wheel".
In the "Spin the Wheel" promotions, it's no longer possible to add "On registering" and "Instant Win" prizes.
4. Create a message for participants with no prize
To improve the user experience, we've enabled the option of adding a special message to users that don't win a prize.
This message can be customized in the Editor > Pages > Thank you > Non-winners message:
5. Show an animated image of the prize wheel on the Welcome page and on the Entry form page
It’s now possible to show an animated image of the prize wheel on the Welcome page and on the Entry form page:
This option can be enabled by checking the box on the corresponding page:
6. Download the images of the prize wheel to help design creatives
In the "Download images" tab, you can download the images of the prize wheel so you can use it to design creatives for the dissemination of the promotion.
It’s possible to download the image of the whole prize wheel, of the structure only, and the separated segments, to make the design work easier, for example, to create a GIF.
7. The prize wheel supported in the preview of the promotion
The user experience of the prize wheel can now be tested in the preview of the promotion. In the preview, the wheel will show the prize that is selected in the prize selector at the top of the page.