The "Spin the Wheel" application has been improved with the incorporation of new functionalities that allow expanding the possibilities of this dynamic. Specifically, the following new features are now available:
1. Changes and new incorporations in the prizes
The new Wheels feature the following changes regarding the creation of prizes:
1. New typology of prizes
The "Spin the wheel" type of prizes have been renamed prizes with allocation "By Probability" as their distribution will be by probability on the wheel. You can now add two different types of prizes on your Wheel:
- Prizes “By probability”: These are prizes that are awarded based on the odds defined by the organizer.
- “Instant Win” prizes: These are prizes that are assigned based on a certain date and time, defined by the organizer.
2. Control the odds of allocation of prizes of the type "By Probability"
The administrator will be able to indicate the percentage of probability that a prize is give away on the Wheel. Example: prize 1 has an 80% probability, prize 2 has 15% and the "No prize" segment has 5%. In this way, if you have different prizes to distribute, you will be able to control that one of them has a better chance of being allocated on your Wheel:
3. Combine prizes by probability and Instant Win prizes in the same Wheel
Until now, when setting up the Wheel, the administrator had to decide if the prizes were to be distributed by Probability or by Instant Win. The option to choose the type of allocation of the entire Wheel has been eliminated, now it simply depends on the type of prizes that are added to the wheel. It will then be possible to have prizes by Probability and Instant Win prizes in the same Wheel.
Note: Prizes of the "Instant win" type have priority over prizes of the "Probability" type. This means that if there is a prize unit per Instant Win available, it will always be allocated on the wheel.
To offer more customization options when designing the Wheel, the following new functionalities have been incorporated:
1. Images can be uploaded to customize the Wheel segments
Until now, the segments where the prizes were presented in the wheel only offered support for text. Now the administrator has the possibility to upload an image for each prize segment.
In addition, to ease the preparation of the visuals, a template is provided in PNG format that can be used as a guide to ensure that the design of the box fits and is perfectly visualized on the Wheel:
2. Emojis supported in the name of the prizes shown in the Wheel
From now on, the names of the prizes in the wheel segments support emojis, for a more enjoyable presentation of the segments.
3. Control over the order of the segments in the Wheel
The administrator will now be able to order the segments and prizes within the wheel to have a more ideal configuration and adjusted to the needs of each promotion.
4. Customization of the font size of the prizes presented on the Wheel
The administrator will also be able to control with a selector the size of the font of the prizes texts within the wheel.
5. Customization of the typography of the Prizes text
Until now it was not possible to customize the typology used to display the names of the prizes in each segment. Now the administrator will be able to modify it and in this case it will correspond to the secondary typography of the entire promotion, customized in the Design of the promotion.
3. Other improvements and updates
Additionally, the following updates have been uploaded:
1. Performance improvements
In order to ensure optimal viewing and loading of the Wheel on all devices, the performance of the Roulette has been improved, making the loading faster, the movement of the spin more fluid and achieving greater compatibility with old mobile devices and tablets. Among these changes, the effect of confetti when displaying the prize on mobile devices has been removed, as to lighten the load and ultimately improve user experience.
2. Improved visual effects
In addition to the more fluid movement of the Wheel, small visual improvements have been made such as showing lights around the wheel ring, changing the animation when a prize is given away, as well as improving the button to spin the wheel.
3. Removal of intermediate screen after animation
Until now, after spinning the Wheel, the name of the prize would appear again in a pop-up window. To reduce the number of screens, the user is now automatically redirected to the "Thank you" page, where the name of the prize they have won or the Non-winner message that has been configured appears.
4. Spin the Wheel available in Multi-stage promotions
The "Spin the Wheel" stage type has been added in the "Multi-stage" applications. In this way, multiple wheels can be created in the same promotion. In addition, in the case of a Multi-stage promotion, when creating the wheel prizes you can choose the stage where these prizes will be allocated, so that you will order the prizes given out for each wheel of the promotion.
5. Limit a single prize at the stage level or globally per promotion
In Multi-stage promotions, the administrator can decide to set a limit of one prize per user per stage (a single prize per wheel), or globally: the user can only receive one prize in total, between all stages of the promotion (option that may be interesting in promotions such as Advent calendars, Multi-wheels, etc.)