Video - How to import the participants list from CSV file to Excel Follow
The export tool to download the list of participants of the promotion includes the information of the user as well as all the information related to their participation (name of the user, email address, prize information - if any, etc.). Here you can see a quick video on how to download the list of participants of the promotion.
By default, the list is generated in .CSV format and if you are trying to open the .CSV file with the Excel software, the program opens by default the document in one column with all the data in a single column. Below we explain two options to open it correctly with the columns separated.
Note: The generated CSV files use "TABULATOR" as default separator between columns.
1. Using Microsoft Excel
If you want to use Excel software to open the document, then follow the steps of this video:
The steps shown in the video are:
- Create a new blank book.
- Click on "Data" menu > From the text > and then select from the PC the file saved in your computer.
- Then select " Unicode (UTF-8)" as codification system.
- Finish the importing process and the system should show the data in separated columns.
2. Using Google Sheets
If you want to use Google Sheets, these are the steps you should follow:
1. Create a new Google Sheets document.
2. Import the downloaded .CSV file.
3. Google Sheet will automatically detect detects the separators.
This way, Google will import the document and show the data in separated columns.
Please sign in to leave a comment.