The "Validate Receipts" application will allow you to reward the loyalty of your customers with an exclusive promotion in which only users who have a valid purchase receipt can register. You will be able to verify the purchase receipts that users upload to the application and decide the type of prize users will receive when registering, such as a direct prize, a discount, or an entry in a final prize draw.
The content of the present tutorial is organized as follow:
1. General Description
The "Validate Receipts" application allows you to organize a promotion with the requirement for all participants to upload a purchase receipt. In this way, you will be able to reward your customers and consumers after making a purchase, which will allow them to participate in an online promotion, and qualify for prizes, gifts, or discounts.
The application provides all the tools for the upload and validation of the purchase receipts to be complete:
- Users will see a screen where they can upload the image of their receipt or purchase receipt.
- Additionally, you can enable a field so that the participant can insert a code, for example, the unique code of the invoice or purchase receipt.
- From the back-end user manager, as the administrator of the promotion, you will be able to check at any time and manually validate the images of the purchase receipts uploaded by users to check if they are valid, in order to discard the receipts that are not valid before carrying out the final draw.
- Additionally, for a more advanced and automatic validation of purchase receipts, you can enable automatic receipt validation using OCR technology, a system that allows the recognition of text in images. This option is only available in White Label promotions and is specially designed for promotions where direct prizes are assigned upon participation, such as a discount coupon or Instant Win type of prizes. Learn more about automatic validation via OCR.
- You will be able to create several prizes and decide how to assign them: by a random draw among all registered users, by Instant Win, etc.
Note: This tutorial describes the steps to run a promotion where the dynamic will be that users confirm participation by uploading their purchase receipts, and can win direct prizes or enter a giveaway. In any case, it is also possible to establish the participation requirement to validate purchase receipts for other promotion mechanics, such as the “Spin the Wheel” application, where before being able to spin the wheel, the user must have uploaded a valid receipt. In this case, you will need to create a promotion of the "Spin the Wheel" type and configure the participation requirement of uploading a purchase receipt, as explained in point 3 of this tutorial.
2. How is the participation flow of the user
What will the user experience be like? The promotion is made up of different pages that the user will find when interacting with the promotion to participate, such as: the initial welcome page, the registration page, where the user will register with their data, the page where the user will upload the ticket, etc. As a whole, the different pages will make up the structure of the promotion and the flow of participation that the user will follow to complete the promotional mechanics of the promotion.
In addition, as an administrator you can select which participation flow you want users to follow. Specifically, there are three different participation flows: Identified Mode, where the user must identify and register before being able to spin the Wheel; Visitor Mode, where the user first spins the Wheel and then identifies and registers in order to claim their prize; and Anonymous Mode, where the user participates without identifying himself or registering. The choice of one modality or another will determine how the user's participation and experience in the promotion will be.
3. Create the promotion
How to start creating the Spin the wheel promotion? We present the following tutorial that will allow you to know the first steps to create your promotion so that you do not miss any important point. You will learn all the general management options that you have available as an administrator in your internal dashboard to manage and edit the promotion.
4. Set up the requirement to upload a purchase receipt
Once the Entry form is completed and confirmed, users will access the “Requirement” page, where they will need to upload a picture of their purchase receipt or an invoice image.
This requirement is to be set up in the Pages > Participation > Requirements section; this screen will appear to users just after they confirm the information of the entry form.
Below we detail all the steps to configure the requirement to upload a purchase receipt.
1. Enter the Editor > Pages > Participation and click in the “Redeem codes” participation stage:
2. Then click on the "Requirements" tab:
3. You will see that the system will have created for you the requirement "Upload a receipt", which will allow the user to upload a receipt as a participation requirement.
4. Next, you will decide how often you want to apply the requirement: you can decide if you want users to have to upload a receipt each time they participate or only the first time:
5. You will then customize the contents of the purchase receipt upload screen that the user will see:
- "Image field title": This is the title that will appear in the field where the user will click to upload their receipt.
- "Check the receipt against OCR": This option allows you to enable automatic receipt validation using OCR technology, a system that allows text recognition in images. This option is only available in promotions created with the White Label version of the platform. Follow this tutorial to know all the details and enable this functionality in your promotion.
- "Extra fields": This option allows you to add one or more fields to obtain more information from users, along with the receipt image. For instance, you can request the clients to indicate in which outlet they received the code:
- "Title": This is the title of the requirements page.
- "Banner Header image": Here you can upload a header image for the requirements page.
- Label for 'Enter' button: With this option, you can customize the text of the "Enter" button.
5. Prize configuration system
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give away to the users who participate in the promotion, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, for the "Validate receipts" promotion, you have the choice between different ways of assigning the prize to the winners:
- Draw the prize(s) among all users who have participated in the promotion. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it between all participants.
- Give a direct prize (for instance, a discount code) to all users who participated in the promotion. Follow the steps of this tutorial where we explain how to create a promotional coupon and assign it directly to all users upon their participation in the promotion.
- Give away “Instant Win” prizes. You can set up the promotion so that prizes are awarded only to users who register right after the moment when the Instant Win prizes are scheduled. Check out here how to create and assign the prizes of the Instant Win type.
6. Customize the design and finish the setup of the promotion
Once you are done with the setup of the promotion, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, adapting your Terms and Conditions, configuring sharing content, etc.
7. How to manage participants and their purchase receipts
While the promotion is active, you will be able to monitor and manage the participants and the purchase receipts that users are validating on the Requirement screen. You can monitor the activity in your promotion from the "Users" section of the promotion.
To do this, from the User Manager, you will click on the Tools > Requirements option, where you will be able to see the image of the receipt or proof of purchase that was uploaded in each participation. From this same section, you can search by username using the search bar that you will find at the top.
Note: In case you want to download the photos of the receipts, it will be necessary to open each of the images individually and click right to save the image on your computer.
In the following video you can see all the available options:
With these options, you can manually confirm the valid purchase receipts, in order to discard those that are not eligible for the prize before carrying out a final draw.
In case you plan to assign direct prizes upon participation, such as discount coupons, or "Instant Win" prizes, we recommend enabling automatic validation of the receipt using OCR technology, since, through the image recognition technology, the system is capable of automatically and instantly validating the images uploaded by users, in order to determine if they are valid receipts before being able to participate.
Additionally, the participating user will be able to consult the ticket that has been uploaded from the "My participation" section.