The "Validate purchase tickets" application will allow you to reward the loyalty of your customers with an exclusive promotion in which only users who have a valid purchase ticket can register. You will be able to verify the purchase tickets that users upload to the application and decide the type of prize that users will receive when registering, such as a direct prize, a discount or participation in a final draw.
The content of the present tutorial is organized as follow:
1. General Description
The "Validate receipts" application allows you to organize a promotion with the requirement for all participants to upload a purchase ticket or receipt. In this way, you will be able to reward your customers and consumers after making a purchase, which will allow them to participate in an online promotion, and qualify for prizes, gifts or discounts.
The application provides all the tools for the upload and validation of the purchase tickets to be complete:
- Users will see a screen where they can upload the image of their ticket or purchase receipt.
- Additionally, you can enable a field so that the participant can insert a code, for example, the unique code of the invoice or purchase receipt.
- From the back-end user manager, as the administrator of the promotion, you will be able to check at any time and manually validate the images of the purchase tickets uploaded by users to check if they are valid, in order to discard the tickets that are not valid before carrying out the final draw.
- Additionally, for a more advanced and automatic validation of purchase tickets, you can enable automatic ticket validation using OCR technology, a system that allows the recognition of text in images. This option is only available in White Label promotions, and is specially designed for promotions where direct prizes are assigned upon participation, such as a discount coupon or Instant Win type of prizes. Learn more about automatic validation via OCR.
- You will be able to create several prizes and decide how to assign them: by a random draw among all registered users, by Instant Win, etc.
Note: This tutorial describes the steps to run a promotion where the dynamic will be that users confirm participation by uploading their purchase tickets, and can win direct prizes or enter a giveaway. In any case, it is also possible to establish the participation requirement to validate purchase tickets for other promotion mechanics, such as the “Spin the Wheel” application, where before being able to spin the wheel, the user must have uploaded a valid ticket. In this case, you will need to create a promotion of the "Spin the Wheel" type and configure the participation requirement of uploading a purchase ticket, as explained in point 3 of this tutorial.
2. Promotion Setup
We explain below all the steps to create your Validate purchase receipts promotion:
- Access the Easypromos Control Panel and log in with your email and password to manage and create your promotions:
- Use the “Create New promotion” button to begin working on the campaign:
- All available products will be presented. Pick the "Validate receipts" application:
You will then configure the following options:
- Organizing brand. As a first step, you will need to create an organizing brand for your promotion. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works as a folder within your Easypromos account to help you organize the promotions you create.
- Template version. Select which template you want to use to create your promotion: Premium or White Label.
By clicking on "Continue", you will access the promotion management page, where you have all the options to set up the promotion. Here are presented the most relevant sections or modules:
1. Header. There, you will find the title of the promotion, the version and other relevant information such as the ID number of the promotion, which unequivocally identifies each promotion (provide this number to the Easypromos technical team if you have any incident or doubt about the promotion, so they can easily review the configuration). You will also find the Status of the promotion, which indicates if your promotion is: in draft, active or expired.
2. Promotion link. This is the URL that you will use to share the promotion in the different channels you have planned to broadcast your campaign on. You will also find the Copy link button, which will allow you to copy the promotion link automatically to carry out the different dissemination actions.
3. Activate promotion button. When your promotion is all set and ready to launch, click on this button to activate it. This button will take you to the activation page, where you can review the billing information to proceed to pay for the promotion (If you do not already have a Premium/White Label subscription).
4. Enabling the Test Mode. This tool will allow you to check out the user's experience and carry out real tests of the promotion before activating it. Enter here to check out all features of the Test Mode.
5. Lateral Menu. Here you will find all the configuration options of the promotion.
6. See tutorial. Here you will find the tutorial that will guide you step by step in the creation and management of your promotion.
7. Information board, where you will find the following information:
- Dates and time zone of the promotion.
- Languages: Indicates the default language of the promotion - if needed you will be able to change it from the Editor > language section.
- Localization: You can limit participation to one or more countries. Check out more information.
8. Next steps: Practical recommendations that will guide you in the creation and management of your campaign.
3. Participants Registration system
The flow of user participation in the "Validate Receipt" promotion will be as follows:
- Step 1. Login + Register
- Step 2. Requirement to upload a purchase receipt
- Step 3. Check-in Screen
- Step 4. Thank you page
Step 1. Login + Register
To participate in the promotion, participants will need to identify themselves with one of the Login methods that you have enabled: Facebook, Linkedin, Google, Twitch account or an email.
To configure which Login system you want to enable in the promotion, go to Editor> Pages> Login. Then you can configure how you want users to identify themselves to participate in the promotion. Discover here the different types of Login and all the configuration options.
In addition, if it is the first time that the user participates, the first step will be to complete the registration form, which must be filled in with the data configured by the administrator.
To customize the fields of the registration form, go to the Editor> Pages> Registration Form, and click on the "Add element" button to add the fields where users will share the information you need from them:
Check out our tutorial where we explain how to configure the registration form for the promotion.
Once the Entry form is completed and confirmed, users will access the “Requirement” page, where they will need to upload a picture of their purchase receipt or an invoice image.
This requirement is to bet set up in the Pages > Participation > Requirements section; this screen will appear to users just after they confirm the information of the Entry form.
Below we detail all the steps to configure the requirement to upload a purchase ticket.
- Enter the Editor > Pages > Participation and click in the “Redeem codes” participation stage:
- Then click on the "Requirements" tab:
- You will see that the system will have created for you the requirement "Upload a Ticket", which will allow the user to upload a ticket as a participation requirement.
- Next, you will decide how often you want to apply the requirement: you can decide if you want users to have to upload a ticket each time they participate or only the first time:
- You will then customize the contents of the purchase ticket upload screen that the user will see:
- "Image field title": This is the title that will appear in the field where the user will click to upload their ticket.
- "Check the receipt against OCR": This option allows you to enable automatic ticket validation using OCR technology, a system that allows text recognition in images. This option is only available in promotions created with the White Label version of the platform. Follow this tutorial to know all the details and enable this functionality in your promotion.
- "Title": This is the title of the requirements page.
- "Banner Header image": Here you can upload a header image for the requirements page.
- Label for 'Enter' button: With this option you can customize the text of the "Enter" button.
Step 3. Check-in Screen
Once the image of the purchase ticket is uploaded, the user will access the check-in screen, which acts as a transition to the last final screen that we call the “Thank you page”.
To customize this screen, click on the "Check-in"/”Redeem Codes” tab, where you can configure the following elements:
a) Image and description: You can upload your own image and add a description for this screen.
b) How do you want the transition to be? By default, the system will display a progress bar that will transition to the final thank you screen, but if you prefer, you can configure the transition to be manual. In this case, the user confirms participation by clicking on the Enter button.
Step 4. Thank you Page
Finally, the user will access the final ”Thank you page”, where a message thanks all users for participating in the campaign. Sharing tools to disseminate the promotion are also displayed on this final page. In addition, users will also be able from that page to check out the number of participations available to them in case you have configured that the user can participate by uploading different purchase tickets.
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give away to the users who participate in the promotion, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, for the "Validate receipts" promotion, you have the choice between different ways of assigning the prize to the winners:
- Draw the prize(s) among all users who have participated in the promotion. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it between all participants.
- Give a direct prize (for instance, a discount code) to all users who participated in the promotion. Follow the steps of this tutorial where we explain how to create a promotional coupon and assign it directly to all users upon their participation in the promotion.
- Give away “Instant Win” prizes.You can configure the promotion so that prizes are awarded only to users who register just at the moment that Instant Win prizes are scheduled. Check out here how to create and assign the prizes of the Instant Win type.
Once you are done with the setup of the promotion, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, adapting your Terms and Conditions, configuring the viral content, etc...
While the promotion is active, you will be able to monitor and manage the participants and the purchase tickets that users are validating on the Requirement screen. Specifically, you can monitor the activity in your promotion from the "Users" section of the promotion.
To do this, from the User Manager, you will click on the Tools > Requirements option, where you will be able to see the image of the ticket or proof of purchase that was uploaded in each participation. From this same section you can search by username using the search engine that you will find at the top.
Note: In case you want to download the photos of the receipts, it will be necessary to open each of the images individually and click right to save the image on your computer.
In the following video you can see all the available options:
With these options, you can manually confirm the valid purchase receipts, in order to discard those that are not eligible for the prize before carrying out a final draw.
In case you plan to assign direct prizes upon participation, such as discount coupons, or "Instant Win" prizes, we recommend enabling automatic validation of the ticket using OCR technology, since through the image recognition technology, the system is capable of automatically and instantly validating the images uploaded by users, in order to determine if they are valid tickets before being able to participate.