Tutorial: How to create a Reveal & Win promotion Follow
Looking to engage your audience in a fun and exciting way? We present the Reveal & Win application, which will allow you to distribute prizes, gifts, and discounts among users who try their luck by picking and revealing items to discover if they have won a prize.
The present tutorial is organized as follows:
How is the participation flow of the user
Create the promotion
Create the prizes of the Reveal & Win
How to create a prize by probability
How to assign the odds of the prizes by Probability
How to create an Instant Win prize
How to schedule the date and time to give away the Instant Win prize
Customize the design of the Scratch & win
Customize the design and finish the configuration of the promotion
1. Overall Description
The "Reveal & Win" application will allow you to configure a registration form that users will need to fill in. Once they are logged in and have completed the form with the information you need from them, users will see an image on their screen where they will pick one or several items which they think have a prize hidden, to discover if they will win a prize. Just as in the traditional game of winning boxes, users must reveal the boxes that contain a prize to receive it. To spice it up, you can also request users to reveal at least 3 winning boxes from the grid to receive their prize!
To do this, when creating the promotion you will be able to create all the prizes that you plan to distribute and define the number of units you have for each type of prize.
You will be able to customize the grid of the game, including the items to be revealed by users. You can define how many times a user can participate, for example, 3 times in total, or once a day. You also have advanced options such as limiting participation to those who have a valid code or a purchase receipt.
The application comes with a prize manager, which will allow you to define the details of each prize, the units available, and the conditions for it to appear when a user reveals the items.
2. How does the allocation of prizes work in a Reveal & Win
In a Reveal & Win promotion you can add two different types of prizes:
- Prizes “by Probability”: These are prizes that are distributed based on the odds defined by the organizer.
- Prizes of the “Instant Win” type: These prizes will be assigned based on a date and time defined by the organizer.
Important note: In promotions that combine both types of rewards, prizes of the "Instant Win" type have priority over prizes of the "Probability" type. This means that if there is an Instant Win prize unit available, it will always be assigned to the user.
1. Management of the prizes distributed by Probability
From the Promotion Editor, you will be able to define the odds of the prizes “by Probability”. For example: if you have 3 prizes and you want to make sure that one of them has a better chance to be distributed, you can define the odds in this way:
- Prize 1: 20%.
- Prize 2: 20%.
- Prize 3: 60%.
You can also add the "No prize" option and define its probability. In the example above, you could add a “No Prize” item and set its probability to 30%. Prize 3 can retain higher odds than other prizes. In this case, you could define the probabilities like this:
- Prize 1: 10%.
- Prize 2: 10%.
- Prize 3: 50%.
- No prize: 30%.
This is just one example of the many possibilities you have with the odds manager:
Note: The probability manager calculates over 1,000 instead of over 100 to allow you to define a more exact probability.
2. Management of the Instant Win prizes
In addition or instead of prizes by Possibility, you can also add Instant Win prizes. These are prizes scheduled to be given away on a specific date and time that you will define in advance.
The Instant Win prizes can be combined with the prizes by Probability, which is the recommended option when you have a few prizes of higher value and you need to keep better control over how often and when they will be given away. The prizes with less value will be given out by probability whereas you will create Instant Win prizes for the most valued ones or the ones you have fewer units of.
This way, you will schedule the delivery of these special prizes to make sure that they are spread evenly over the whole promotion period.
With the Instant Win tool, you will be able to define the specific date and time when each unit of the prizes will be distributed:
Note: Prizes of the Instant Win type have priority over prizes by Probability. This means that if there is an Instant Win prize unit available, it will always be assigned to the user.
Some practical considerations:
- If you have only a few units of a specific prize, we recommend the use of the Instant Win tool. This way, you will have control over when each of the units of this prize will be given away.
- If you have multiple prizes, with many units, and you want all users to receive a prize, define the prizes by Probability.
- If you have a combination of prizes with many units and little value, and other prizes with few units but with higher value, set the first ones by Probability and the second ones by Instant Win.
- In the event that the promotion runs out of prize units to distribute, the system will always show NO PRIZE, no matter which items the users reveal.
- You can define how many times you let a user participate: You can define the number of participations in total, per hour, or per day.
- You can control that users will only receive a single prize. If you offer multiple participations per user, you can make sure that users will only receive one prize. In this way, users who already received a prize can no longer participate.
3. How is the user experience?
To participate, the user must access the promotion through the link that the organizer will have provided. When accessing, the user will experience the following participation flow:
- Welcome page. This is the first page that the user reaches when opening the promotion link, where you will present the promotion, can share the instructions to participate, and where they will find the button to start participating.
- Reveal & Win. Once the form is completed, the users will be able to try their luck by revealing the items on the grid. When a prize is revealed, if the user selected the winning items, the winner will see the image of the prize or a text that presents the prize received. This can be configured from the editor itself. You can define the number of participations you give to a user.
- Thank you page. After revealing the items and discovering their prize -if any-, the users will reach the final page, where a “Thank you” message is displayed, as well as a button to share the promotion. On this screen, the users will also be able to see the number of participations they have available -if any.
4. Create a Reveal & Win
Next, we explain how to create the prizes, the no-prize option, and how to customize and design your Revealing Game Card:
1. Access the Easypromos Control Panel and log in with your email and password to manage and create your promotions:
2. Then click on the “Create New promotion” button to create your game.
3. Available products will all be presented on the next screen. Select "Reveal & Win" in the "Instant Prizes" column:
4. Next, you will be requested to select the following options:
- Organizing brand. First, you will need to create an organizing brand for your promotion. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works as a folder within your Easypromos account to help you organize the promotions you create.
- Select version. The Reveal & Win promotion is available in the Premium and White label versions.
- Select template. You can choose the default template or pick a pre-configured theme-based template prepared by the Easypromos team.
By clicking "Continue", you will access the promotion management page, where you have all the options to set up and customize the promotion. Next, you can see the most relevant sections or modules:
5. By clicking "Continue", you will access the promotion management page, where you have all the options to set up and customize the promotion. Here you can see the most relevant sections or modules:
- Header. You will find in the header the title of the promotion, the version, and other relevant information such as the ID number of the promotion, which unequivocally identifies each promotion (provide this number to the Easypromos technical team if you have any incident or doubt about the promotion, so they can easily review the configuration). You will also find the Status of the promotion: draft, active, or expired.
- Promotion link. It is the URL that you must use in all the channels where you will share the promotion. You will find here the various options, as well as the Copy link button, which will allow you to copy the promotion link automatically to carry out the different dissemination actions.
- 'Activate promotion' button. When the promotion is all set and ready to be launched, click on this button to activate it. This button will take you to the activation page, where you can review the billing information to proceed to pay for the promotion (if you do not already have an active plan).
- Enable the Test Mode. This tool will allow you to carry out a real test of the promotion before activating it. Here you can find more information about Test Mode.
- Lateral menu. Here you will find all the set-up options for the promotion.
- View tutorial. From there, you will have access at any time to our step-by-step tutorial that will guide you in the creation and management of your promotion.
- Here you will find the following configuration information:
Languages: Indicates the default language of the promotion which you can change if needed from the Editor > Languages.
Localization: This allows you to limit participation to one or more countries. More information.
- Next steps: Practical recommendations that will guide you in the creation and management of your campaign.
5. Create the prizes for the Reveal & Win
In the Reveal & Win, you can configure two types of prizes:
- Prizes by Probability.
- Instant Win prizes.
1. How to create a prize by probability
From the Editor > General > Prizes section you can create the prizes that will be given away based on probabilities:
Click on the pencil to edit the properties of the prize you just created. You will find the following configuration tabs:
A. "Options" tab: In this tab, you will customize the specifics of the prize:
- Name of the prize: Customize the title of your prize.
- Short description. Write a short description of the prize to let the winners know what they will receive.
- Units number. This number indicates the units of prize that will be distributed in the promotion.
- Do you want this prize to be a promotional code? This option allows you to convert the prize into a promotional code that users will automatically obtain when participating in the promotion. A promotional code is an alphanumeric code that can be unique for all users or different for each user who wins the prize. For the prize to be a promotional code, you need to associate the prize with a set of codes. A codeset is a set of alphanumeric codes that you will need to upload to the promotion (You will find the option in the editor > Tools > Codeset). The prizes use the codesets to know which code to assign and in what order. Additionally, you have the option to indicate whether you would like the alphanumeric code to be displayed along with a barcode or QR code. Check out our codes tutorial to find out all the possibilities.
- Does this prize have downloadable content? This option allows you to add content to the prize that users will be able to download. By checking this option, the "Download" and "Send" options by email will be added to the winner's popup. This content can be a document (PDF, Word, TXT file), can contain audio information, or an image (Photo file and Video file). If you select this option, you will be able to upload the file that users can download (10MB maximum), indicate the external source of the file, or check the option that Easypromos dynamically generates a PDF with the characteristics of the prizes.
B. "Message to winner" tab: This tab presents all the options to customize the design and the way to present the prize received to the winners. Specifically, you can upload an image and configure the message that the winners will see in the prize popup that will be displayed above the Thank you page.
C. "Delivery Conditions" tab: By default, the award is assigned to all participating users. From this tab, you can create a condition for the prize to only be distributed from a specific date.
Note: It is not possible to define a date for each unit of the prize. The condition(s) will apply to all prize units.
2. How to assign the odds of the prizes by Probability
Once the prize has been created, from the Editor > Pages > Participation > Select the Reveal & Win stage, then enter the Reveal & Win tab, where you will be able to define the odds for each of the prizes:
Note: The probability manager calculates over 1,000 instead of over 100 in order to define a more exact probability.
3. How to create an Instant Win prize
From the section Editor > General > Prizes you will create your Instant Win prizes:
Click on the pencil to edit the properties of your prize. There, you will find the following configuration tabs:
A. "Options" tab: In this tab, you will find all the options to configure the properties of the award:
1. Name of the prize: Insert here the title of the prize.
2. Short Description. Give more details about the prize you are giving away.
3. Units. The number of units of the prize that you are giving away.
4. Do you want this prize to be a promotional code? This option allows you to convert the prize into a promotional code that users will automatically obtain when participating in the promotion. A promotional code is an alphanumeric code that can be unique for all users or different for each user who wins the prize. For the award to be a promotional code, you must associate the award to a set of codes. A codeset is a set of alphanumeric codes that you will need to upload to the promotion (You will find the option in the editor > Tools > Codeset). The prizes use the codesets to know which code to assign and in what order. Additionally, you have the option to indicate whether you would like the alphanumeric code to be displayed along with a barcode or QR code.
Check out our codes tutorial to find out all the possibilities.
5. Does this prize have downloadable content? This option allows you to add content to the prize that users will be able to download. By checking this option, the "Download" and "Send" options by email will be added to the winner's popup. This content can be a document (PDF, Word, TXT file), can contain audio information, or an image (Photo file and Video file). If you select this option, you will be able to upload the file that users can download (10MB maximum), indicate the external source of the file, or check the option that Easypromos dynamically generates a PDF with the characteristics of the prizes.
B. "Message to Winner" tab: This tab presents all the options to customize the design and the way to present the prize received to the winners. Specifically, you can upload an image a``ººnd configure the message that the winners will see in the prize popup that will be displayed above the Thank you page.
C. Delivery Conditions tab: The prizes can be conditioned so that they are assigned only to users who meet certain conditions of participation in the promotion:
4. How to schedule the date and time to give away the Instant Win prize
Once the Instant win prize is created, from the Editor > Tools > Instant Win section, you can define the date and time when each of the prizes will be assigned.
To do so, first, you will need to enable the Instant Win tool:
Once enabled, you will see the features offered by the Instant Win tool. There, you will be able to program the date and time for the allocation of each of the prizes that were created as Instant wins:
Here you can see step by step how to schedule your Instant Win prizes.
6. Customize the design of the Reveal & Win
The next step is to configure the options of the Reveal & Win, with the grid and the items users will reveal. To do this, follow the steps below:
First, enter the Editor > Pages > Participation > Reveal & Win, where the participation mechanic has been created automatically. Click on the pencil to begin customizing the game:
Next, you will find the following configuration tabs:
1. Options: This contains the general options for the stage. From this section, you will be able to configure the number of times that users will be able to access and reveal items from the grid, as well as the frequency of participation that is granted to users.
In this section, you can also add a prize limit so that the same user can only win 1 prize overall. By checking this option, when the users receive a prize, they won’t be able to continue participating:
2.Segments: (only available with a White Label plan). The User Segments allow you to apply labels to the participants of the promotions to make groups of users. You can create several user segments in order to group them according to the criteria you need. In this way, you will be able to apply specific actions to the created user segments. Learn how the User Segments system works in this tutorial.
3. Requirements: Optionally, in the "Requirements" section, you can request an additional action from the user before participating. The available requirements are: validate a code, upload a purchase receipt, watch a video, or complete other participation stages. Learn more about requirements here.
4. Reveal & Win: this tab offers you all the options to customize the appearance of the Game card. Under the Reveal & Win option, you will find the following tabs:
1. Gameplay Settings, with the following options:
A. Prizes to reveal:
- 1 to win
- 3 to win
These are the winning elements that users will need to reveal to qualify for a prize.
B. Items on the grid:
- 9 elements (3x3 grid)
- 16 elements (4x4 grid)
- 25 elements (4x5 grid)
Through this option, you can customize the grid and the number of elements it will show for users to pick from.
C. Number of attempts per game:
- 1 to 7 based on the characteristics of the grid
You can customize the number of elements that users can reveal. The number of attempts will depend on the number of elements shown on the grid, and how many winning elements are required to get a prize.
Example: if you show only two elements on the grid, users will get a single attempt to reveal the prize hidden under one of the two elements.
If you request users to find 3 elements of a kind from a grid composed of 25 elements, then users will receive 7 attempts (They will pick 7 elements from the 25 on the grid, to try and reveal at least 3 winning elements).
2. Item images. Customize here the elements that users will click on to reveal, as well as the visual of the elements once revealed. You can add one generic image for all "Prize elements", or an image per prize that you are distributing. If they are winners, users will see the details of the prize on the next screen of the promotion.
3. Instructions. Before playing, users will see an instruction pop-up with the rules of the game before proceeding to pick the items and discover if they receive a prize.
You can customize the instructions message with your own title and text as well as an image (JPEG, GIF, PNG...)
4. Design. Under this tab, you will find all the options to customize the game card.
You will decide the effect shown when an item is revealed (a), how are the items positioned on the grid (b). You can customize the color of the grid (c) or add an image (g). Add an image to personalize the items you want your audience to reveal (f). The hit/fail colors will be shown on top of the grid (d,e) so that users know how close they are to receiving a prize.
Once all the attempts are used, the result screen will be displayed over the grid, which can also be customized (h). The size of the background image should be 600x600px, and you can upload a PNG, JPEG (...) image, as well as a short GIF.
5. Test game: Once you have customizes your game, you can make sure that the configuration is correct with this trial tool.
Note: Before you launch your campaign, make sure that your odds are correctly configured under the Gameplay settings tab if you distribute prizes by probability, and that they will be enough prizes for everyone!
7. User registration system
To participate in the Reveal & Win, participants will need to Login with their email, their Google or LinkedIn account, or their Facebook or Twitch profile. If this is the first time that the user participates, the first step will be to complete the registration form, which must be filled in with the data configured by the administrator.
To do this, go to the Editor > Page > Login & Registration and enter the Registration tab, to customize the fields with the information that you need from users:
Check out our tutorial to easily configure a registration form for the promotion.
8. Customize the design and finish the configuration of the promotion
Once you have configured the Game card, the next step is to configure and personalize the other pages of the promotion, edit the design template with your own colors and texts, add the Conditions of use and Privacy policies, add sharing content, etc.
Check out more about the general customization of your promotion here.
Article is closed for comments.