How to integrate your promotion with LinkedIn login Follow
In promotions where you have enabled the LinkedIn Login system, you can use your own OAuth Client ID.
This integration is necessary when:
- You use your own domain to share your promotion.
- You do not want the Easypromos name to appear when users login with Linkedin.
- You already have your own Linkedin OAuth Client ID and already work with it.
The warning message that users will see when they try to login with Linkedin from your own domain, if you have not integrated your own Client ID OAuth in the promotion, is as follow:
What do you need before you start?
Note: We recommend this integration to be implemented by a user with prior experience with OAuth integrations.
- The Redirect URL: This is the URL that you will indicate in the Linkedin OAuth Client ID configuration. You will find this URL in Integrations section > Linkedin OAuth Login in your promotion:
The redirect URL will always follow the same format:
- If your own domain is https://promo.mydomain.com
- Redirect URL will be: https://promo.mydomain.com/utils/social/linkedin
How to create and integrate the application?
To have your own Linkedin application displayed on your domain when a user logs into your promotion using Linkedin Login, it will be necessary to follow the following steps to generate the keys and integrate it:
1. Enable the API for your project:
Open the My apps library in the Linkedin developers console by accessing the following link: https://developer.linkedin.com
When creating the app, a new page will open where you must indicate the information of the application, with the domain that will be used in the promotion as well as the following data:
- App name
- Company LinkedIn page
- App/Company logo (Upload here a 100x100px image)
2. Once you have created the app, access the "Auth" tab:
Note: If you are not the owner of the company page, you will need to send a verification link to have the app confirmed. To do this, click on "Verify" and generate the verification link.
3. Within "Auth", you will be requested to include the redirect URL that you can find in your promotion panel under Integrations > LinkedIn OAuth Login:
Paste the link in the OAuth 2.0 settings section, under Authorized Redirect URLs:
Next, add the authorization to obtain users account information with the Linkedin Sign In. To proceed, go to the "Products" tab and select" the "Sign In With Linkedin" option.
To also allow users to share the promotion on their LinkedIn accounts, select the “Share on LinkedIn” option, too.
5. Finally, access the "Application credentials" under the Auth section, and copy the Client ID and Client Secret key:
Note: Once the application is created, it will be under review. As long as Linkedin authorizes the newly created application, it can be used in test mode. While the application is in test mode, only the domain of the promotion will be displayed. The name and logo will not show.
6. Go to Integrations > Linkedin OAuth Login of your promotion and paste the Client ID and Client Secret:
7. Save the configuration. The integration is now completed, congratulations!
Test the LinkedIn login in your promotion
To verify that the connection has been made correctly, enter your promotion and log in with Linkedin Login. Make sure you do the test from the promotion URL using your own domain.
If the Linkedin authorization screen appears with your own domain, the integration was successful:
Please sign in to leave a comment.