2022-05-17 - New features: Visitor mode and Anonymous mode Follow
The development team has uploaded an important update to the platform. Two new methods of Login and user participation in promotions have been implemented: Visitor Mode and Anonymous Mode.
1. Visitor mode
With this option, users who visit the promotion can participate without having registered first. At the end of their participation they will be able to register to enter a sweepstakes or claim a coupon or a prize.
Thus, users will participate in the promotion as a "visitor". Once they have completed the participation, they can register. In case they have won a prize (for example, an Instant Win, or a prize assigned in a Prize Wheel), the prize is "reserved" for this specific visiting user, who will have 15 minutes to identify himself and register for the promotion, as a necessary and mandatory step to claim the prize. If after this time the visiting user did not log in and register in the promotion, the prize will be lost. The prize unit will be freed and available again, and can no longer be claimed by the user.
Some practical uses of Visitor Mode are:
- In promotions with direct prizes. In this way, you will ask for user data only when they win a prize or when they run out of entries. In addition, the Login screen is customizable depending on whether or not a prize has been won.
- In Games and Quizzes. In this way, will ask for user data only when they complete a game or run out of participations.
2. Anonymous mode
Enabling the Anonymous mode, users who visit the promotion will be able to participate anonymously and unlimited times. They will not be required to register.
Some practical uses of the Anonymous Mode are:
- In promotions with direct prizes distributed in person or in a closed user community. The dynamics of participation will take place in a physical event, and you do not need data registration, such as, for example, a Prize Wheel that will be presented in person in the company booth at a fair.
- In Games to simply provide a fun experience in the brands digital channels or even in physical events, where data registration is not necessary.
The administrator will be able to select the order in which they want to display the pages of the promotion and, therefore, how they want the flow of user participation to be from the Editor > Pages > Login & Registration section, where the option "When do you want users to login and register?” There, you will indicate when you want to request the user's registration, and you can choose between the following options:
- Before participating (Selected option by default).
- After participating (Visitor mode).
- No registration (Anonymous mode).
Check out the following tutorial to learn more about the different participation flows that you can configure depending on the characteristics and needs of the promotion.
In addition, the following improvements have been implemented in the platform update:
- Improvements in the design of the final page or "Thank you" page. The user notification area has been replaced by links, thus simplifying the design.
- Improvement in the creation process of a promotion, in which the administrator will be able to choose a perfectly optimised template according to the participation flow needed:
- Login + Registration prior to participating (Default option)
- Login + Registration after participating (Visitor mode)
- No registration (Anonymous mode)
- Improved user experience: notice of participation when all entries were used. Users are informed in a more direct and clear way when they have consumed all the available participations and can no longer participate in the promotion.
- Migration of applications to the new Easypromos architecture -“Login & Registration” system. The following applications have been migrated to the new system: Puzzle, Memory Games, Match It, Word Search, Slide&Match, Hidden Objects, Minesweeper, Knowledge Trivia, Survey and Predictions, making these applications more robust, safe, fast and compatible with the new User Manager, the integration with the Webhooks system, and the new Email Platform.
Please sign in to leave a comment.