When creating a field in the registration form of the "Drop-down list" or "Radio buttons" types, the administrator is presented with the text field called "List of options", where the different options that the drop-down or radio buttons list will be typed in to be presented to participants, such as a list of countries:
However, it can happen that the administrator disposes of the list options in their own format, with key values encoded by their own system. This may be the case, for example, of a CRM, where following the previous example, the value of each country is encoded by a series of keys, for example:
- Spain > SP
- France > FR
- Australia > AU
- Italy > IT
- Canada > CA
In this way, the administrator will need to obtain the keys (SP, FR, AU, etc.) in order to easily cross-reference the data collected through the promotion registration form with their own system.
To answer the need to simplify the cross-referencing process, the admins will now be able to use the new functionality to "Add list of options with keys", which will allow them to enter the options of the list encrypted with the keys of their own system, and match each key with each option of the list that the user will see when filling in the registration form.
In addition, if you have the keys of the different values prepared in a list, it will be possible to directly import the file in CSV format, which must have the following format:
- A first column with "Values", which will contain the name of each option that will appear publicly in the dropdown list/Radio button list within the form.
- A second column with the "Keys", which will contain the key or internal code of each value.
Next, click on "Import options from a file" to select the CSV file that was prepared and map the columns of the form field with the columns of the file:
This way, on the public page of the registration form, the system will display the content of the "Value" field:
Internally, however, the system will also store the content of the "Key" field, which can be used and consulted in the following cases:
- In native integrations, APIs and Webhooks.
- When exporting in a .CSV file the list of participants of the promotion.
- In the "Users" section of the promotion, when consulting the details of user participation.