A new security control was added to minimize the impact of bots and spam systems on promotions, and thus increase the quality of users registered in the promotion.
Easypromos already had security controls against bots, such as: validation systems for input parameters in forms, CSFR security tokens, two-factor authentication, IP frequency controls, control of fraudulent emails, etc. With the sophistication of Internet threats, a new security control based on Captcha systems has been added.
Specifically, Google's Captcha solution called reCAPTCHA Enterprise has been implemented. The version of reCAPTCHA with Checkbox is used, where the participating user must click on the "I am not a robot" button.
How is the ReCAPTCHA system activated?
The ReCAPTCHA system can be activated from the Editor > Pages > Login & Registration > Security Options section:
Note: The feature to enable Google ReCAPTCHA is only available for promotions that work with the Login system. It is not available for Easypromos Classic promotions.
When is it recommended to activate the ReCAPTCHA System?
We recommend activating the ReCAPTCHA system in the following cases:
1. When a Login/Registration system is configured that does not have double authentication. For example:
- When the Login via email is activated but email verification is deactivated.
- When the Login with customer number is activated.
2. In promotions with voting, such as the Voting contest.
What happens if a fraudulent registration is detected?
If the Anti-bot system detects fraud in the registration process, the following actions are taken:
- The user is NOT registered.
- The user is redirected to a blank page with the message "Access blocked".