Once you have created and activated the promotion, it will be published in a microsite whose URL is the main link to the promotion that you will find on the main page of the promotion in your control panel:
Take into account that the promotion won't be visible before the publication date and it will disappear when the end of publication date is reached.
As soon as the promotion is displayed, you can start disseminating the campaign in order to get participants. In the "Publish" section you will find all the options for this task:
The main way to disseminate a promotion is by copying the main link and communicating it across your channels. In the "Publish" section you will be able to copy this link too.
You will also find the following options:
- Install the promotion as a tab on one or several Facebook pages
- Install the promotion as a widget on your webpage or blog
- Publish the promotion on the Easypromos promotions' list
- Set up the behavior of the promotion link
- Customize the promotion link to measure the dissemination campaigns
- Protect the promotion with a password
- Customize the promotion with a custom domain
Install in a Facebook tab
Set up this section if you want to install your promotion in a tab on your Facebook page. There's 2 options:
1. Quick install
This is the most common way to install a promotion in a Facebook page tab.
Note: Since February 2018 the installation of tabs is limited to pages with 2,000 or more fans. More information .
- Choose the Facebook page where you want to install the promotion and click the "Install" button.
- A tab will automatically be installed on your Facebook page with the promotion inside:
- From this option, you will be able to edit the tab's name and image.
- Enable this option if you want the main link to redirect users to the Facebook tab. In this way, only mobile users will be taken to the microsite when clicking on the promotion main link, as mobile devices do not have access to Facebook tabs.
- If there is an active promotion installed on the first Facebook App, you will see a warning and you will be able to choose between two options:
A) Replace the current promotion for this new one. Warning! When choosing this option, you are uninstalling the current promotion from the Facebook tab, so take care that participants can access the promotion through another channel apart from there.
B) Install it in another tab. The platform will check the availability of Tab#2 and it will install the promotion in it if possible. If there is already a promotion published in Tab#2, you will be able to choose between replacing the current promotion or checking the availability of Tab#3.
In case all three Tabs are occupied and you do not want to unpublish any of the current promotions, you can use "Advanced install" to make the promotion available from a Facebook App.
2. Advanced install
Create a customized app with the Facebook Developers platform and use it to install your promotion. This way, you will be able to publish the promotion on all the Facebook pages you wish. This option is available for Premium and White Label promotions.
- First of all, you must create an application on Facebook Developers. Follow this video tutorial to set it up and see how to install it on your Facebook page step by step:
- Change the name and the image of the promotion from "Settings" of your Facebook page. Here we show you step by step.
Note: if you already have a Facebook Developers app previously created and you want to use it, you just have to introduce the App ID and the App Secret in Integrations, "Facebook" section, before installing it in your promotion.
Install the promotion as a widget on your webpage or blog
The promotion can also be displayed on your blog or website by using the widgets system. If you are interested in this method of publication, here you have the information to embed the promotion into your site. There are four types of widgets, depending on how you want to present the contest on your site:
- Embed your promotion.
- Widget link.
- Widget Popup.
- Widget media (available when the public gallery is activated).
Publish on the Easypromos promotions' list
Your promotion can also appear in the public list of Easypromos promotions. To be published in the public list of Easypromos promotions will help you to have more visibility, but note that users who visit this list are users who like to participate in many competitions, and perhaps they are not your potential audience. Enable this option from this section if it suits your objectives.
You will find two options:
1. Appear in the public list of Easypromos promotions. This is a free service.
2. Create a campaign to appear at the top of the list as featured promotion.
Set up the behavior of the promotion link
In the "Link settings" section you will be able to change the behavior of the main link of the promotion.
By default, the promotion is displayed as a web page (microsite) and the welcome page is presented as the target page. In this section you can modify these preset options to choose the most suitable configuration for your campaign.
- First page showed when accessing the promotion. If you want to skip the welcome page, you can set up this option from the management page and participants will be able to access directly to the quiz, the entry form or the public gallery. Choose which will be the first page of your promotion, and it will always open on this page.
- Destination of the main link. By default, the promotion's main link shows the promotion within a microsite. From this option you can change the destination to direct to a Facebook tab if the promotion is installed there (participants from mobile devices will always go to the microsite because Facebook tabs are not available on mobile devices). The main link can also direct to an external site where the promotion is embedded.
Note: In White Label promotions you will be able to set up your own domain to publish the promotion. You can do this in Publish > Custom domain. More information.