The ‘My networks’ module enables you to encourage users to like your Facebook Page or follow your Twitter, Instagram or Youtube account. From the administration panel you can completely customize the screen encouraging users to become fans of the Page. This screen is presented to users as they register into the promotion. You can include as many Facebook Pages and Twitter, Youtube and Instagram accounts as you like in this screen.
In this tutorial we explain you the following contents:
- When is the ‘My Networks’ module displayed?
- Access to ‘My Networks’ module
- Configuration and customization of 'My Networks'
- How to enable the ‘My Networks’ module to voters of a contest
When is the ‘My Networks’ module displayed?
If at the time of creating the promotion the administrator has linked the promotion to a specific Facebook page, by default, the module 'My Networks' will be pre-configured to suggest the user to 'Like' the linked Facebook page. In this case, the application automatically detects the ID of the page where the promotion was created, so it is not necessary to configure this page. However, this initial configuration can be adjusted and customized at any time to add other Facebook pages, and additionally Twitter, YouTube and Instagram accounts.
Note: The Facebook “Like” button only Works for Facebook pages that are completely publc (without any restrictions). If for example your page has restrictions for age or country, you can use as alternative the “Go to page” button, which is a direct link to your Facebook page, and it will open the page in a new window. It will work for all Facebook pages, with or without restrictions.
Below we explain the different points of the promotion where the module 'My Networks' can be shown:
1. In the form of a pop-up window during the registration process.
The My Networks module appears to the user as a pop-up window during the registration process in the promotion, depending on the configuration that the administrator decides. This pop-up window presents the different configuration options:
- Disable the pop-up window.
- Enable the pop-up window. In this case, you can determine ate at what point of the registration process you want to show it:
- On loading the promotion landing page: once users click on the promotin main link, or click on the contest tab, the pop-up window is displayed right after loading the promotion landing page:
- On clicking the Enter button in the promotion landing page: the window will automatically pop-up on clicking the 'Enter' button which is displayed on the landing page:
- On clicking the Submit button in the promotion registration page: Once the user fills out the form and clicks on ‘Finish’, the ‘My Network’ pop-up window will automatically open with the Facebook Page/s and/or Twitter accounts that the brand would like to suggest to its users:
2. In the promotion main menu.
You can enable the "Follow us" section in the promotion menu, which will automatically display the "My Networks" window over the promotion. Learn how to customize the promotion main menu.
Note: The promotion menu is only available for promotions created with the Premium design template.
3. In the promotion header.
This header will show the icons of the social networks configured in the "My Networks" module and will consist of direct access buttons to each of the platforms:
Note: The promotion header is only available for promotions created with the Premium design template.
Access to 'My Networks'
1. Enter the 'Editor of the promotion'.
2. To configure the module my networks, go to General > My networks > Networks:
You will directly access the set-up screen of the ‘My Networks’ module. Below, we explain all the configuration and customization options available.
Configuration and customization of 'My Networks':
The 'My Networks' module can be completely customized with the Facebook pages, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube accounts that you want to suggest the users to follow when participating in the promotion.
Below, we explain how to customize the different tabs that are presented in this section:
1. “Contents tab”: from here you can customize the pop-up window that will be presented to the user and that is composed of:
- Title of the window that appears to the user.
- Description: you can add a small message encouraging users to follow the brand via whichever social network you choose to add.
2. “Networks” tab: You can add one or more Facebook Pages, and one or more Twitter accounts, Instagram accounts and Youtube channels. To do this, you should click on the ‘Add Network’ button and choose between:
1. Facebook: you can suggest that the user likes the brand’s Facebook Page. To do this, you can customize the following features:
- Text: Message to encourage the user to click on the like button to follow the Page.
- Facebook Page: here you should indicate the Facebook Page that you wish your users to follow. To indicate the Page, you can choose one of the following 3 methods:
- Insert the URL of the Page
- Insert the name of the Page
- Insert the ID of the Page
- Type of button: you can decide which button you wish to use for encouraging your users to become fans:
1. Like Box (valid only for Facebook pages without restrictions):
2. Like Box with Faces (valid only for Facebook pages without restrictions):
3. Go to Page (valid for all Facebook pages with and without restrictions):
2) Twitter: you can encourage users to follow your Twitter account. To do this, you can customize the following features:
- Text: Message to encourage users to click the ‘Follow’ button and follow your Twitter account.
- Name of Twitter user: here you should indicate the Twitter account that you want users to follow. To indicate the account you should insert the name of the Twitter user without the ‘@’ sign.
- Show name of user: you can decide whether you want to show the username of the Twitter account together with the ‘Follow’ button.
- Big button: you can use the big ‘Follow’ button.
3) Youtube: you can encourage users to subscribe your Youtube channel. To do this, you can customize the following features:
- Text: Message to encourage users to click the ‘Subscribe’ button of your Youtube channel.
- Youtube Channel: here you should indicate the channel name or channel ID that you want users to follow. Check Youtube help link to obtain your channel ID.
- Show user data: you can decide to show the channel logo.
- Show number of followers: you can also show the number of subscribers.
4) Instagram: you can encourage users to follow your Instagram profile. To do this, you can customize the following features:
- Text: Message to encourage users to click the ‘Follow’ button and follow your Instagram profile.
- Instagram username: here you should indicate the Instagram account that you want users to follow. To indicate the account you should insert the name of the Instagram user without the ‘@’ sign.
3. “Options” tab: From here you can decide at what point in the registration process you want to show the pop-up window. Specifically, you can decide between:
- I don’t want to show it automatically. (select this option if you don't want to show the My Networks pop-up during the registration process.)
- On loading the promotion landing page.
- On Clicking the Enter button in the promotion landing page
- On Clicking the Submit button in the promotion registration page.
How to enable the ‘My Networks’ module to voters of a contest
The "My Networks" module can also be displayed to the users who vote in a contest, in order to also suggest to voters that they follow your brand on social networks. In this case, the "My Networks" module will be displayed to voters at the time of voting, in the same window where they are asked to identify themselves.
Note: The functionality of displaying the "My Networks" module to users who vote in the contest is included by default for contests created with the Premium and the White Label versions, but it is not included by default for promotions created with the Basic version. It can be added to the promotion as an additional extension for $29 USD/29 EUR.
To enable the "My Networks" module when voting, you must follow the next steps:
1. Access the Editor > Pages > Gallery and click on “Votes” tab.
2. Then check the option “Include buttons to follow social networks as an optional step to vote”: