The ‘My Networks’ module enables you to show to participants the social networks of the brand that organizes the promotion with the aim to encourage users to visit and follow your networks. From the administration panel you can fully customize the screen that will be presented to the user during the registration process to the promotion to encourage him to visit the social profiles of the organizing brand and / or other collaborating brands.
The social networks that are supported are:
In this tutorial we explain you the following contents:
- Where are the brand networks displayed in the promotion?
- Configuration and customization of 'My Networks'
- How to enable the ‘My Networks’ module to voters of a contest
- How to check the statistics of the number of clicks on 'My Networks'
1. Where are the brand networks displayed in the promotion?
The networks that the user can follow will appear in 3 different sites:
1. In the promotion header. This header will show the icons of the social networks configured in the "My Networks" module and will consist of direct access buttons to each of the platforms:
Note: The promotion header is only available for promotions created with the Premium design template.
2. In the promotion main menu. You can enable the "Follow us" section in the promotion menu, which will automatically display the "My Networks" window over the promotion. Learn how to customize the promotion main menu.
Note: The promotion menu is only available for promotions created with the Premium design template.
3. As a pop-up with the list of networks to follow, where the administrator can decide where this pop-up is displayed. The purpose of this pop-up is to show the networks to be followed as an optional step in the flow of a user's participation. This popup can be displayed automatically in the following points:
- When loading the Welcome page.
- By clicking on the "Participate" button on the Welcome page.
- By clicking the "Finalize" button on the Entry form.
4. In the promotion Thank you page. If you wish, you also have the possibility to show the buttons of the social networks on the final page of the promotion.
To do this, you must enable the option from the Editor> Pages> Thank you section:
2. Configuration and customization of 'My Networks':
1. Enter the 'Editor of the promotion'.
2. To configure the module my networks, go to General > My networks > Networks:
3. You will directly access the set-up screen of the ‘My Networks’ module. Below, we explain all the configuration and customization options available.
The 'My Networks' module can be completely customized with the Facebook pages, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube accounts that you want to suggest the users to follow when participating in the promotion.
Below, we explain how to customize the different tabs that are presented in this section:
1. “Contents tab”: from here you can customize the pop-up window that will be presented to the user and that is composed of:
- Title of the window that appears to the user.
- Description: you can add a small message encouraging users to follow the brand via whichever social network you choose to add.
2. “Networks” tab: You can add one or more Facebook Pages, and one or more Twitter accounts, Instagram accounts and Youtube channels. To do this, you should click on the ‘Add Network’ button and choose between:
1) Facebook: By default the "Go to page" button will be added, which works as a direct access to your Facebook page.
- Text: Message to encourage the user to visit your Facebook page.
- Facebook Page: here you should indicate the Facebook Page that you wish your users to follow. To indicate the Page, you can choose one of the following 3 methods:
- Insert the URL of the Page
- Insert the name of the Page
- Insert the ID of the Page
- Type of button: you can decide which button you wish to use for encouraging your users to become fans:
- Go to Page (valid for all Facebook pages with and without restrictions).
- Like Box (valid only for Facebook pages without restrictions).
- Like Box with Faces (valid only for Facebook pages without restrictions).
Note: In case of selecting the type of button "Like Box" or "Like Box with Faces" keep in mind that it will not be possible to measure if the user clicks or not because Facebook eliminated the option to measure these type of buttons on February 5, 2018. Therefore, the statistics of clicks made on the "like" button can not be included in the statistics of the promotion. You can see the evolution of “likes" on the own statistics of your Facebook page (more information).
2) Twitter: you can encourage users to follow your Twitter account. To do this, you can customize the following features:
- Text: Message to encourage users to click the ‘Follow’ button and follow your Twitter account.
- Name of Twitter user: here you should indicate the Twitter account that you want users to follow. To indicate the account you should insert the name of the Twitter user without the ‘@’ sign.
- Show name of user: you can decide whether you want to show the username of the Twitter account together with the ‘Follow’ button.
- Big button: you can use the big ‘Follow’ button.
3) Youtube: you can encourage users to subscribe your Youtube channel. To do this, you can customize the following features:
- Text: Message to encourage users to click the ‘Subscribe’ button of your Youtube channel.
- Youtube Channel: here you should indicate the channel name or channel ID that you want users to follow. Check Youtube help link to obtain your channel ID.
- Show user data: you can decide to show the channel logo.
- Show number of followers: you can also show the number of subscribers.
4) Instagram: you can encourage users to follow your Instagram profile. To do this, you can customize the following features:
- Text: Message to encourage users to click the ‘Follow’ button and follow your Instagram profile.
- Instagram username: here you should indicate the Instagram account that you want users to follow. To indicate the account you should insert the name of the Instagram user without the ‘@’ sign.
3. “Options” tab: From here you can decide at what point in the registration process you want to show the pop-up window. Specifically, you can decide between:
- I don’t want to show it automatically. (select this option if you don't want to show the My Networks pop-up during the registration process.)
- On loading the promotion landing page.
- On Clicking the Enter button in the promotion landing page
- On Clicking the Submit button in the promotion registration page.
3. How to enable the ‘My Networks’ module to voters of a contest
The "My Networks" module can also be displayed to the users who vote in a contest, in order to also suggest to voters that they follow your brand on social networks. In this case, the "My Networks" module will be displayed to voters at the time of voting, in the same window where they are asked to identify themselves.
Note: The functionality of displaying the "My Networks" module to users who vote in the contest is included by default for contests created with the Premium and the White Label versions, but it is not included by default for promotions created with the Basic version. It can be added to the promotion as an additional extension for $29 USD/29 EUR.
To enable the "My Networks" module when voting, you must follow the next steps:
1. Access the Editor > Pages > Gallery and click on “Votes” tab.
2. Then check the option “Include buttons to follow social networks as an optional step to vote”:
4. How to check the statistics of the number of clicks on 'My Networks'
From the "Statistics" section of the promotion you can check the statistics of the number of clicks on the different buttons of the social networks configured in the 'My Networks' module. Check this link to learn all the information you can obtain.