The ‘My networks’ module enables you to encourage users to like your Facebook Page or follow your Twitter, Instagram or Youtube account. From the administration panel you can completely customize the screen encouraging users to become fans of the Page. This screen is presented to users as they register into the promotion. You can include as many Facebook Pages and Twitter, Youtube and Instagram accounts as you like in this screen.
When is the ‘My Networks’ module shown?
If at the time of creating the promotion the administrator has linked the promotion to a specific Facebook page, by default, the module 'My Networks' will be pre-configured to suggest the user to 'Like' the linked Facebook page. In this case, the application automatically detects the ID of the page where the promotion was created, so it is not necessary to configure this page. However, this initial configuration can be adjusted and customized at any time to add other Facebook pages, and additionally Twitter, YouTube and Instagram accounts.
Note: The Facebook “Like” button only Works for Facebook pages that are completely publc (without any restrictions). If for example your page has restrictions for age or country, you can use as alternative the “Go to page” button, which is a direct link to your Facebook page, and it will open the page in a new window. It will work for all Facebook pages, with or without restrictions.
The pop-up ‘My Networks’ window appears to the user at the following points of the promotion, depending on the settings configured by the administrator:
1. When accessing the promotion landing page: once users click on the promotin main link, or click on the contest tab, the pop-up window is displayed right after loading the promotion landing page:
2. Upon clicking the 'Enter' button in the promotion landing page: the window will automatically pop-up on clicking the 'Enter' button which is displayed on the landing page:
3. After clicking on the registration form’s ‘Finalize’ button: Once the user fills out the form and clicks on ‘Finish’, the ‘My Network’ pop-up window will automatically open with the Facebook Page/s and/or Twitter accounts that the brand would like to suggest to its users.
4. In the case of enabling the 'Promotion Footer', the ‘Follow Us’ button will be enabled in each of the promotion screens (home page, registration form and final page). By clicking on ‘Follow Us’ the ‘My Networks’ pop-up window will be opened with the Facebook Page/s and/or Twitter account/s configured. Find out here how to customize the ‘Promotion footer.’
Access to 'My Networks'
1. Once you have created the promotion, access the administration page and click on ‘Editor' in the left menu:
2. Click on 'My Networks' on the left hand menu:
You will directly access the set-up screen of the ‘My Networks’ module. Below, we explain all the configuration and customization options available.
Configuration and customization of 'My Networks':
The ‘My Networks’ module allows you to completely customize the window that appears to users as they finalize their participation in the promotion. This window can be customized with a message that invites participants to follow the brand. The administrator can also decide which Facebook Pages to encourage users to like, as well as suggesting one or more Twitter accounts to follow, as well as Instagram profiles and Youtube channels.
Below, we explain how to customize the different elements that are presented in this window.
Content of the pop-up window
The window presented to the user is comprised of the following:
1. Title of the window that appears to the user.
2. Description: you can add a small message encouraging users to follow the brand via whichever social network you choose to add.
When the pop-up will be displayed
Administrators can decide at what poing during the registration process they want to display the My Networks window, and they will be able to choose among the different options:
1. On loading the promotion landing page
2. On clicking the Enter button in the promotion landing page
3. On clicking the Finalize button in the promotion registration form
4. Disable the My Networks module: select this option if you don't want to show the My Networks po-up during the registration process.
Social networks to follow
You can add one or more Facebook Pages, and one or more Twitter accounts, Instagram accounts and Youtube channels. To do this, you should click on the ‘Add Network’ button and choose between:
1. Facebook: you can suggest that the user likes the brand’s Facebook Page. To do this, you can customize the following features:
- Text: Message to encourage the user to click on the like button to follow the Page.
- Facebook Page: here you should indicate the Facebook Page that you wish your users to follow. To indicate the Page, you can choose one of the following 3 methods:
1. Insert the URL of the Page
2. Insert the name of the Page
3. Insert the ID of the Page
- Type of button: you can decide which button you wish to use for encouraging your users to become fans:
1. Like Box (valid only for Facebook pages without restrictions):
2. Like Box with Faces (valid only for Facebook pages without restrictions):
3. Go to Page (valid for all Facebook pages with and without restrictions):
2) Twitter: you can encourage users to follow your Twitter account. To do this, you can customize the following features:
- Text: Message to encourage users to click the ‘Follow’ button and follow your Twitter account.
- Name of Twitter user: here you should indicate the Twitter account that you want users to follow. To indicate the account you should insert the name of the Twitter user without the ‘@’ sign.
- Show name of user: you can decide whether you want to show the username of the Twitter account together with the ‘Follow’ button.
- Big button: you can use the big ‘Follow’ button.
3) Youtube: you can encourage users to subscribe your Youtube channel. To do this, you can customize the following features:
- Text: Message to encourage users to click the ‘Subscribe’ button of your Youtube channel.
- Youtube Channel: here you should indicate the channel name or channel ID that you want users to follow. Check Youtube help link to obtain your channel ID.
- Show user data: you can decide to show the channel logo.
- Show number of followers: you can also show the number of subscribers.
4) Instagram: you can encourage users to follow your Instagram profile. To do this, you can customize the following features:
- Text: Message to encourage users to click the ‘Follow’ button and follow your Instagram profile.
- Instagram username: here you should indicate the Instagram account that you want users to follow. To indicate the account you should insert the name of the Instagram user without the ‘@’ sign.