The "Entry form giveaway" application allows you to configure a registration form so that participants provide their personal data so that they can enter a final draw.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General Description
The Entry Form Giveaway application will allow you to run a random draw among all the users who have completed a registration form, which you can customize with all the information that you need. You will be able to do the draw automatically and randomly among all the users who complete the registration form, in order to choose the number of winners and alternates. After conducting the draw, you will obtain a certificate of validity to give transparency to the draw.
2. Set up of the Entry Form Giveaway
Here we explain all the steps to create your Entry Form Giveaway.
Step 1. Create the promotion
1. Access the Easypromos Control Panel. Log in with your email address and password to manage and create your promotions.
2. Click the ‘Create new promotion’ button to start setting it up.
3. You'll see a list of available products. Choose ‘Entry Form Giveaway’ to create a promotion with an entry form and a giveaway prize for randomly selected winners.
4. As a next step, set up the following options:
- Organizing brand. As a first step, you should select or create an organizing brand for your promotion. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works as a folder within your Easypromos account, in order to help organize the promotions that you create.
- Template version. Select which template you want to use to create your promotion: Basic, Premium or White Label.
5. After clicking on "Continue" button, you'll get access to the promotion management page. This is where all the options for configuring the promotion are laid out. The most important sections are outlined below:
- Header. This displays the title of the promotion, the platform you have chosen, and other relevant information such as the promotion ID. You'll also see your Promotion status in the small orange box. This indicates whether your promotion is Active, Draft or Old, as well as if it’s about to start. Once the promotion period has ended, this field will be marked in red, and you'll be able to decide how the expired link to the promotion will appear.
- Link to the promotion. This is the URL that you should use for sharing and publicizing the promotion. You'll also see the Copy link button. This automatically copies the URL for you to share.
- Activate Promotion button. When the promotion is ready to launch, click this button to activate it. You'll be taken to the activation page, where you can review your billing information before making the payment for the promotion.
- Side menu. All your promotion settings in one place.
- View tutorial. This tutorial guides you through creating and managing your promotion, step by step.
- Set the date and timezone for the promotion. You can set and change the default languages of the promotion. Finally, you can limit participation to one or more countries with the localization tool. (This option is only included in the Premium and the White Label promotions. Learn more about that here.)
- Next steps: Practical suggestions for the creation and management of your campaign.
Note: The promotion ID number is a unique identifier for each promotion. If you have any issues, use the promotion ID when you contact the Easypromos support team. This will make it easier for us to help you out.
Step 2. Create the prize
The next step is to create the prize for the giveaway. In the "Entry form giveaway" application the prize will be assigned "By random drawing", which means that you'll be able to select the winners of the prize with a random draw from among all the participants, or among a segment of participants. You can select participants with a filter based on any criterion you choose.
Step 3. Participant registration system
In order to participate in the Entry form giveaway, users must register by filling in the registration form with the requested data.
To do this, go to the Editor > Pages > Registration Form, to customize the fields that you want to ask users to be able to participate:
In addition, you can enable the Login system, which has the following features:
- It gives the option of enabling multi-participation, by deciding the number of participations you want to grant to each user, in the entire promotion, per day, or per hour.
Check in this tutorial how to enable Login and how to configure multi-participation.
When is it recommended to enable the Login system?
- When we want to enable multi-participation to give additional entries in a final draw. Example: Check-in every day and get additional entries for the draw.
- When we want to limit the draw to users who have validated the email.
- When we want to limit participation in the draw to users that are registered in the client's systems. Example: Limit the campaign to users registered in your website or users of your mobile app. This option requires using the Autologin system.
Note: In order to be able to activate the Login system, it’s necessary to have an account with an active Premium or White Label plan.
3. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Entry form giveaway, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
4. Activate the final giveaway
When the participation period ends, it's time to assign prizes to the winners. In the "Entry form giveaway" app, you've created a prize "By random draw" assignment. This means that when the promotion ends, we can use the Winners tool to select the winners. You can run the draw among all participants, or within a segment of participants.
To do this, go to the “Winners” section of the menu, on the left-hand side of the main promotion management page:
In this section, you'll see the prize that you've created for your promotion, together with the tools to manage it. Here you can:
- Activate the giveaway to assign the prize to the winner.
- Publish the prize winners on the prizes page.
- Share the result on your social media channels.
Follow this tutorial for a step-by-step guide through the process of running the contest and assigning prizes to the winners.
When you have selected the winners, you can use the email platform to communicate with them about their prizes, and to thank all participants for joining in.