The "Survey" application allows you to learn more about your customers and target audience with a questionnaire that you can personalize with different types of questions about your brand, your products, their consumer habits or about any topic of your choice.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General description
With the "Survey" application you will be able to create a question and answer contest to better understand your followers and customers, obtain feedback on your brand and products, learn about their consumer habits or find out about their preferences on a specific topic. The Survey will allow you to:
- Design the questionnaire completely tailored to your needs, personalized with photos, texts and videos.
- Combine different types of answers (single answer, multiple-answer and even sortable answers).
- Create as many questions as you want, and indicate which is the correct answer to each of them.
- Enable the summary page to show the participants a summary of their answers before registering.
- Reward the participants with a final draw among all the users who have completed the Survey.
- Assign different and segmented prizes according to the response preferences of the users in the Survey.
2. How is the participation flow of the user
What will the user experience be like? The promotion is made up of different pages that the user will find when interacting with the promotion to participate, such as: the initial welcome page, the registration page, where the user will register with their data, the page that presents the questions of the survey, etc. As a whole, the different pages will make up the structure of the promotion and the flow of participation that the user will follow to complete the promotional mechanics of the promotion.
In addition, as an administrator you can select which participation flow you want users to follow. Specifically, there are three different participation flows: Identified Mode, where the user must identify and register before being able to spin the Wheel; Visitor Mode, where the user first spins the Wheel and then identifies and registers in order to claim their prize; and Anonymous Mode, where the user participates without identifying himself or registering. The choice of one modality or another will determine how the user's participation and experience in the promotion will be.
3. Create the promotion
How to start creating the Spin the wheel promotion? We present the following tutorial that will allow you to know the first steps to create your promotion so that you do not miss any important point. You will learn all the general management options that you have available as an administrator in your internal dashboard to manage and edit the promotion.
4. Create the questions and answers
As a next step, create the questions and answers of the survey. To do so, enter the promotion 'Editor'.
2. Go to Pages > Quiz. Create your first question by clicking on the green button.
3. A window like the one below appears every time you create a new question. Choose the type of question that suits your aims. If you are already familiar with the Quiz Editor and want to use more complex question formats, pick "Advanced" to see all the available question types.
When you click on the "Create" button, the question editor will open. Here you can edit the following options:
1. Question text: Type the question you want to ask users here.
2. Upload Media: Decide if you want to accompany the question with an image or video.
3. Position: If you upload an image for the question, choose between a horizontal or vertical display.
4. Answers: Click the "New Answer" button to create as many answers as you want:
5. Advanced. Here you will find all the options to configure your question:
- Feedback message text: You can present an informative text with the correct answer after users answer the question. You can customize different feedback messages for correct and incorrect answers.
- Container columns: It will allow you to indicate how many answers you want to show per row.
- Question type: In case you need to modify the type of question you have initially created.
- Hide Continue button: Check this option if you want the user to move to the next question by just clicking on the answer buttons. By default, the Continue button is displayed in closed answers to allow users to move forward to the next questions of the quiz.
- Allow users to change their answer.
If you have created a "Single answer" question, the participant will only be able to select one answer option:
The platform offers several different answer formats. All formats are available in Survey promotions, since your goal is to enable users to respond with their opinion.
Use this if you want to offer a limited number of answers, from which participants must choose one or more.
There are two types of closed questions:
1. Single answer: the participant can only select one answer.
Important! Always use this type of question if you are setting up a “Pick your favorite” contest with the questionnaire editor. In this way, the user will only be able select/vote for one of the options.
2. Multiple answers: permit the participant to select more than one answer.
The participant must put the answers in order (using all the options, or just a set number of them).
Rating answers are especially useful for surveys. Participants can award each option a score within a certain range.
Note: in this type of answer, participants may decide to score all the options, or only the options which interest them.
Permit the participant to respond to the question freely, using their own words.
Selectable list answer
This feature is useful if you have a lot of possible answers, but you want the participant to choose just one. There are 3 different formats for presenting the answer. Select one of them when setting up this field:
- Drop-down list
- Autocomplete list
- Radiobutton list
Display answer statistics
Once the participant has registered for the promotion and finished filling in the survey, you can show them the statistics of their answers on the final page. If you’re interested in this option, use the survey editor to set it up:
5. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Timed Quiz, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
6. Manage prizes and publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the Survey, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have two ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
1. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated in the Survey. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.
2. Carry out different draws by segmenting the prizes based on the answers. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how you can create the different prizes to raffle them in a segmented way among the participants who have selected each option in the Survey
3. Give a coupon to all users who have participated. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how to create the promotional coupon type prize to assign it directly to all users after participating in the Trivia.