The "Survey" application allows you to learn more about your customers and target audience with a questionnaire that you can personalize with different types of questions about your brand, your products, their consumer habits or about any topic of your choice.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General description
With the "Survey" application you will be able to create a question and answer contest to better understand your followers and customers, obtain feedback on your brand and products, learn about their consumer habits or find out about their preferences on a specific topic. The Survey will allow you to:
- Design the questionnaire completely tailored to your needs, personalized with photos, texts and videos.
- Combine different types of answers (single answer, multiple-answer and even sortable answers).
- Create as many questions as you want, and indicate which is the correct answer to each of them.
- Enable the summary page to show the participants a summary of their answers before registering.
- Reward the participants with a final draw among all the users who have completed the Survey.
- Assign different and segmented prizes according to the response preferences of the users in the Survey.
2. Set up of the Survey
Here we explain all the steps to create your Survey.
Step 1. Create the promotion
1. Access the Easypromos Control Panel and log in with your email address and password to manage and create your promotions.
2. Create a new promotion via the green button.
3. You will be presented with a list of the products available. Choose ‘Survey’ to create a promotion which will investigate your followers' tastes and habits.
4. As a next step, set up the following options:
- Organizing brand. As a first step, you should select or create an organizing brand for your promotion. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works as a folder within your Easypromos account, in order to help organize the promotions that you create.
- Template version. Select which template you want to use to create your promotion: Premium or White Label.
5. Now you find yourself on the promotion management page, with all your promotion settings. Below we outline the most important sections:
- Header. This displays the title of the promotion, the version (Premium or White Label) and other relevant information, such as the promotion ID number. The promotion status indicates whether the promotion is Draft, Active or Expired, as well as if it’s about to start. Once the promotion period has ended, this field will be marked in red saying: Status: Expired. You can choose what to show on an expired promotion page.
- Link to the promotion. Use this URL whenever you share the promotion. Learn more about sharing here. The copy link button automatically copies the link to make sharing even faster.
- Activate Promotion. When the promotion is ready to launch, click this button to activate it. You'll be taken to the activation page, where you can review billing information and make payments.
- Side menu. All your promotion settings in one place.
- View tutorial. This tutorial guides you step by step through the creation and management of your promotion.
- Promotion dates and time zone of your promotion.
Languages indicates the default language of the promotion. You can change this if you wish.
Localization allows you to limit participation to one or several countries. Learn more about country restrictions.
- Next steps: Practical recommendations that will guide you in the creation and management of your campaign.
Tip: The promotion ID number (#) is a unique identifier for each promotion. Quote this number if you need to contact the Easypromos support team with any issues. This will make it easier for us to review your settings and help you out.
Step 2. Create survey questions and answers
The platform comes with lots of preset features, based on the version you have chosen (Premium or White Label). First, set up the questions that you want to ask your participants. Then you can work through the advanced options to customize features of the promotion.
1. Enter the promotion 'Editor'.
2. Go to Pages > Quiz. Create your first question by clicking on the green button.
3. A window like the one below appears every time you create a new question. Choose the type of question that suits your aims. If you are already familiar with the Quiz Editor and want to use more complex question formats, pick "Advanced" to see all the available question types.
When you click on the "Create" button, the question editor will open. Here you can edit the following options:
1. Question text: Type the question you want to ask users here.
2. Upload Media: Decide if you want to accompany the question with an image or video.
3. Position: If you upload an image for the question, choose between a horizontal or vertical display.
4. Answers: Click the "New Answer" button to create as many answers as you want:
5. Advanced. Here you will find all the options to configure your question:
- Feedback message text: You can present an informative text with the correct answer after users answer the question. You can customize different feedback messages for correct and incorrect answers.
- Container columns: It will allow you to indicate how many answers you want to show per row.
- Question type: In case you need to modify the type of question you have initially created.
- Hide Continue button: Check this option if you want the user to move to the next question by just clicking on the answer buttons. By default, the Continue button is displayed in closed answers to allow users to move forward to the next questions of the quiz.
- Allow users to change their answer.
If you have created a "Single answer" question, the participant will only be able to select one answer option:
The platform offers several different answer formats. All formats are available in Survey promotions, since your goal is to enable users to respond with their opinion.
Use this if you want to offer a limited number of answers, from which participants must choose one or more.
There are two types of closed questions:
1. Single answer: the participant can only select one answer.
Important! Always use this type of question if you are setting up a “Pick your favorite” contest with the questionnaire editor. In this way, the user will only be able select/vote for one of the options.
2. Multiple answers: permit the participant to select more than one answer.
The participant must put the answers in order (using all the options, or just a set number of them).
Rating answers are especially useful for surveys. Participants can award each option a score within a certain range.
Note: in this type of answer, participants may decide to score all the options, or only the options which interest them.
Permit the participant to respond to the question freely, using their own words.
Selectable list answer
This feature is useful if you have a lot of possible answers, but you want the participant to choose just one. There are 3 different formats for presenting the answer. Select one of them when setting up this field:
- Drop-down list
- Autocomplete list
- Radiobutton list
Display answer statistics
Once the participant has registered for the promotion and finished filling in the survey, you can show them the statistics of their answers on the final page. If you’re interested in this option, use the survey editor to set it up.
Step 3. Enable the Summary page
The Summary page shows users a summary of their answers, just before they register their details. This screen will be presented after the last question of the survey. You can choose to allow users to repeat the questionnaire before accessing the registration form.
Note: The Summary Page is not available for quizzes with the Login system enabled.
Step 4. Participant registration system
In order to participate in the Survey, users must register by filling in the registration form with the requested data.
To do this, go to the Editor > Pages > Registration Form, to customize the fields that you want to ask users to be able to participate:
Additionally, you can enable the Login system, which has the following features:
- It gives the option of enabling multi-participation, by deciding the number of participations you want to grant to each user, in the entire promotion, per day, or per hour.
Check in this tutorial how to enable Login and how to configure multi-participation.
When is it recommended to enable the Login system?
- When we want to place the identification and registration form BEFORE the quiz questions.
- When we want to limit the draw to users who have validated the email.
- When we want to limit participation in the draw to users that are registered in the client's systems. Example: Limit the campaign to users registered in your website or users of your mobile app. This option requires using the Autologin system.
Note: In order to be able to activate the Login system, it’s necessary to have an account with an active Premium or White Label plan.
3. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Timed Quiz, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
4. Manage prizes and publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the Survey, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have two ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
1. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated in the Survey. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.
2. Carry out different draws by segmenting the prizes based on the answers. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how you can create the different prizes to raffle them in a segmented way among the participants who have selected each option in the Survey
3. Give a coupon to all users who have participated. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how to create the promotional coupon type prize to assign it directly to all users after participating in the Trivia.