The "Personality Quiz" application will allow you to ask your users an entertaining multiple-choice test with closed answers in order to identify their tastes and preferences, and offer them a personalized final message according to their personality.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General description
With the application "Personality Quiz" you will be able to offer users a question and answer test that they will have to answer to obtain a personalized message according to their answers. You will be able to design the test completely to your needs, personalize it with photos, texts and videos so that the user experience is fun and entertaining with your brand look&feel. The Personality Quiz will allow you to:
- Design the questionnaire completely tailored to your needs, personalized with photos, texts and videos.
- Combine different types of answers (single answer, multiple-answer and even sortable answers).
- Create as many questions as you want, and indicate which is the correct answer to each of them.
- Enable the summary page to show the participants a summary of their answers before registering.
- Show custom final messages according to the users' answers.
- Reward participants with a final draw among all the users who have completed the test.
2. Set up of the Personality Quiz
Here we explain all the steps to create your Personality Quiz.
Step 1. Create the promotion
1. Access the Easypromos Control Panel and log in with your email address and password to manage and create your promotions.
2. Create a new promotion using the green button.
3. You’ll be presented with the products available. Choose “Personality Quiz” to create a promotion which consists of a list of questions that participants must answer.
4. As a next step, set up the following options:
- Organizing brand. As a first step, you should select or create an organizing brand for your promotion. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works as a folder within your Easypromos account, in order to help organize the promotions that you create.
- Template version. Select which template you want to use to create your promotion: Premium or White Label.
5. When clicking on the Continue button, you'll be taken to the promotion management page, where you can find all the options for setting up your promotion. We've outlined the most important sections below:
- Header. This displays the title of the promotion, the platform version (Premium or White Label), and other relevant information such as the promotion ID number. The Promotion status indicates if the promotion is a Draft, Active or Expired, as well as if it’s about to start. Once the promotion has ended, this field will be marked in red saying: Status: Expired. You can choose what to show on an expired promotion page.
- Link to the promotion. Use this URL whenever you share the promotion. Learn more about sharing here. The copy link button automatically copies the link, to make sharing even faster.
- Activate Promotion. When the promotion is ready to launch, click this button to activate it. You'll be taken to the activation page, where you can review billing information and make payments.
- Test mode. This tool will allow you to carry out a real test of the promotion before activating it, in order to participate in it as users will when it is activated and thus be able to check that the promotion works as expected before launching it. More information.
- Side menu. All your promotion settings in one place.
- View tutorial. This tutorial guides you step by step through the creation and management of your promotion.
- Promotion dates and time zone control the promotion phases.
Languages indicates the default language of the promotion. You can edit this if you wish.
Localization allows you to limit participation to one or several countries. Learn more about country restrictions.
- Next steps: Practical recommendations that will guide you in the creation and management of your campaign.
Top tip: the promotion ID number (#) is a unique identifier for each promotion. Quote this number if you need to contact the Easypromos support team with any issues. This will make it easier for us to review your settings and help you out.
Step 2. Create test questions and answers
The platform comes with several features which are preset, according to the application you’ve chosen (Premium or White Label). First, set up the content of the test for your participants. Then you can work through the advanced options and customize the pre-set features.
1. Enter the promotion “Editor”.
2. Go to Pages > Quiz. Create your first question by clicking on the green button.
3. Every time you create a question, the following window will appear to help you through the process. There are various types of questions. For Personality Quiz, we recommend using single-answer questions. You can give each question a score and link it to a specific response.
When you click on the "Create" button, the question editor opens. You have access to the following options:
1. Question text: Type the question you want to ask users here.
2. Upload Media: Decide if you want to accompany the question with an image or video.
3. Position: If you upload an image for the question, choose between a horizontal or vertical display.
4. Answers: Click the "New Answer" button to create as many answers as you want:
Tip! We recommend that all questions in the test have the same number of answers. This will make the test easier to design, score and manage.
5. Advanced. Here you will find all the options to configure your question:
- Feedback message text: You can present an informative text with the correct answer after users answer the question. You can customize different feedback messages for correct and incorrect answers.
- Container columns: It will allow you to indicate how many answers you want to show per row.
- Question type: In case you need to modify the type of question you have initially created.
- Hide Continue button: Check this option if you want the user to move to the next question by just clicking on the answer buttons. By default, the Continue button is displayed in closed answers to allow users to move forward to the next questions of the quiz.
- Allow users to change their answer.
If you have created a "Single answer" question, the participant will only be able to select one of the possible answers. Here's what that looks like:
4. Create the rest of the questions and answers in your test, using the New Question and Copy Question buttons. You can save time with the Copy Question button, which duplicates the question and answer format.
Step 3. Customize end-of-test messages
One of the most useful features of the Personality Quiz is personalized final messages, based on users' answers. You can set up different messages for users to see with the Majority of Answers system.
This option is ideal for creating personality tests. For example, if the majority of a user's answers are ‘type 1’ then the user receives message X; if the majority of the answers are ‘type 2’, then the user receives message Y.
To create different end-of-test messages according to users' answers, follow these steps:
1. Create the final messages. We recommend that you start by designing the messages that you want to display on the final page. Each message is assigned a value: 1, 2, 3, 4, etc., to define the different profiles.
2. Score the test answers. Once you have defined the possible final messages, you must score the answers of the different questions. Assign a value to each answer in order to link each response to a specific final message.
Here's how the final message will look:
Customize viral content for test results
You can customize viral content for each test result, so that participants can share with their friends. We explain how to do that here.
Step 4. Enable the Summary page
The Questionnaire Summary page shows users a new page with the details of their answers before registering their contact details. This screen is presented after answering the last question of the questionnaire, just before accessing the registration form. You can choose to allow users to repeat the questionnaire before they register.
Note: The Summary Page is not available for quizzes with the Login system enabled.
Step 5. Participant registration system
In order to participate in the Personality Quiz, users must register by filling in the registration form with the requested data.
To do this, go to the Editor > Pages > Registration Form, to customize the fields that you want to ask users to be able to participate:
In addition, you can enable the Login system, which has the following features:
- It gives the option of enabling multi-participation, by deciding the number of participations you want to grant to each user, in the entire promotion, per day, or per hour.
Check in this tutorial how to enable Login and how to configure multi-participation.
When is it recommended to enable the Login system?
- When we want to place the identification and registration form BEFORE the quiz questions.
- When we want to limit the draw to users who have validated the email.
- When we want to limit participation in the draw to users that are registered in the client's systems. Example: Limit the campaign to users registered in your website or users of your mobile app. This option requires using the Autologin system.
Note: In order to be able to activate the Login system, it’s necessary to have an account with an active Premium or White Label plan.
3. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Timed Quiz, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
4. Manage prizes and publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the Personality Quiz, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have two ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
1. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated in the Personality Quiz. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.
2. Carry out a giveaway based on the final message. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how you can create the prize to raffle it among the participants according to the final message of the test.
3. Give a coupon to all users who have participated. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how to create the promotional coupon type prize to assign it directly to all users after participating in the Trivia.