The "Personality Quiz" application will allow you to ask your users an entertaining multiple-choice test with closed answers in order to identify their tastes and preferences, and offer them a personalized final message according to their personality.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General description
With the application "Personality Quiz" you will be able to offer users a question and answer test that they will have to answer to obtain a personalized message according to their answers. You will be able to design the test completely to your needs, personalize it with photos, texts and videos so that the user experience is fun and entertaining with your brand look&feel. The Personality Quiz will allow you to:
- Design the questionnaire completely tailored to your needs, personalized with photos, texts and videos.
- Combine different types of answers (single answer, multiple-answer and even sortable answers).
- Create as many questions as you want, and indicate which is the correct answer to each of them.
- Enable the summary page to show the participants a summary of their answers before registering.
- Show custom final messages according to the users' answers.
- Reward participants with a final draw among all the users who have completed the test.
2. How is the participation flow of the user
What will the user experience be like? The promotion is made up of different pages that the user will find when interacting with the promotion to participate, such as: the initial welcome page, the registration page, where the user will register with their data, the final page, etc. As a whole, the different pages will make up the structure of the promotion and the flow of participation that the user will follow to complete the promotional mechanics of the promotion.
In particular, in a Personality quiz the participation flow will be as follows:
- When accessing the promotion for the first time, the user will access the Welcome page, and when clicking on the main button to start participating, the next page they will see will be the quiz page.
- The quiz page will present all the questions that the user will have to answer.
- Upon answering the last question, the user will be taken to the registration form page which they will need to fill in with all the information requested by the administrator.
- Once the registration form has been completed, the user will access the final page where they will see the customized message based on their answers in the quiz.
3. Create the promotion
How to start creating the Personality quiz? We present the following tutorial that will allow you to know the first steps to create your promotion so that you do not miss any important point. You will learn all the general management options that you have available as an administrator in your internal dashboard to manage and edit the promotion.
4. Create test questions and answers
The platform comes with several features which are preset, according to the application you’ve chosen (Premium or White Label). First, set up the content of the test for your participants. Then you can work through the advanced options and customize the pre-set features.
1. Enter the promotion “Editor”.
2. Go to Pages > Quiz. Create your first question by clicking on the green button.
3. Every time you create a question, the following window will appear to help you through the process. There are various types of questions. For Personality Quiz, we recommend using single-answer questions. You can give each question a score and link it to a specific response.
When you click on the "Create" button, the question editor opens. You have access to the following options:
1. Question text: Type the question you want to ask users here.
2. Upload Media: Decide if you want to accompany the question with an image or video.
3. Position: If you upload an image for the question, choose between a horizontal or vertical display.
4. Answers: Click the "New Answer" button to create as many answers as you want:
Tip! We recommend that all questions in the test have the same number of answers. This will make the test easier to design, score and manage.
5. Advanced. Here you will find all the options to configure your question:
- Feedback message text: You can present an informative text with the correct answer after users answer the question. You can customize different feedback messages for correct and incorrect answers.
- Container columns: It will allow you to indicate how many answers you want to show per row.
- Question type: In case you need to modify the type of question you have initially created.
- Hide Continue button: Check this option if you want the user to move to the next question by just clicking on the answer buttons. By default, the Continue button is displayed in closed answers to allow users to move forward to the next questions of the quiz.
- Allow users to change their answer.
If you have created a "Single answer" question, the participant will only be able to select one of the possible answers. Here's what that looks like:
4. Create the rest of the questions and answers in your test, using the New Question and Copy Question buttons. You can save time with the Copy Question button, which duplicates the question and answer format.
5. Customize end-of-test messages
One of the most useful features of the Personality Quiz is personalized final messages, based on users' answers. You can set up different messages for users to see with the Majority of Answers system.
This option is ideal for creating personality tests. For example, if the majority of a user's answers are ‘type 1’ then the user receives message X; if the majority of the answers are ‘type 2’, then the user receives message Y.
To create different end-of-test messages according to users' answers, follow these steps:
1. Create the final messages. We recommend that you start by designing the messages that you want to display on the final page. Each message is assigned a value: 1, 2, 3, 4, etc., to define the different profiles.
2. Score the test answers. Once you have defined the possible final messages, you must score the answers of the different questions. Assign a value to each answer in order to link each response to a specific final message.
Here's how the final message will look:
Customize viral content for test results
You can customize viral content for each test result, so that participants can share with their friends. We explain how to do that here.
6. Enable the Summary page
The Questionnaire Summary page shows users a new page with the details of their answers before registering their contact details. This screen is presented after answering the last question of the questionnaire, just before accessing the registration form. You can choose to allow users to repeat the questionnaire before they register.
7. Set up the registration form
In order to participate in the Personality Quiz, users must register by filling in the registration form with the requested data.
To do this, go to the Editor > Pages > Registration Form, to customize the fields that you want to ask users to be able to participate:
8. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Timed Quiz, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
9. Manage prizes and publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the Personality Quiz, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have two ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
1. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated in the Personality Quiz. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.
2. Carry out a giveaway based on the final message. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how you can create the prize to raffle it among the participants according to the final message of the test.
3. Give a coupon to all users who have participated. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how to create the promotional coupon type prize to assign it directly to all users after participating in the Trivia.