The "Predictions" application will allow you to challenge your community with a betting pool or a bracket contest to let them guess the results of a series of questions. This is the ideal application to boost brand engagement with contests for sports championships and award ceremonies.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General description
With the Predictions application you can create a question and answer contest so that participants can predict, guess and make predictions of the results of a future event. The Predictions app will allow you to:
- Design the quiz completely tailored to your needs, personalized with photos, texts and videos.
- Combine different types of answers (single answer, multiple-answer and even sortable answers).
- Create as many questions as you want, and indicate which is the correct answer to each of them.
- Enable the summary page to show the participants the correct and incorrect answers and choose if you want them to restart the questionnaire or go to the registration form.
- Reward the knowledge of the participants with a final draw among all the participants that have answered correctly the questions.
2. Set up of the Predictions app
Here we explain all the steps to create your Predictions application.
Step 1. Create the promotion
1. Access the Easypromos Control Panel and log in with your email address and password to manage and create your promotions.
2. Create a new promotion by clicking the green button.
3. You’ll see a list of available products. Choose “Prediction” to create a promotion with a series of questions. You can ask participants to predict the result of a game, championship, tournament, and more.
4. As a next step, set up the following options:
- Organizing brand. As a first step, you should select or create an organizing brand for your promotion. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works as a folder within your Easypromos account, in order to help organize the promotions that you create.
- Template version. Select which template you want to use to create your promotion: Premium or White Label.
5. When clicking on the Continue button, you'll find yourself on the promotion management page, where you have all the promotion settings and options. Below, we outline the most important sections:
- Header. This displays the title of the promotion, the platform version (Premium or White Label), and other relevant information such as the promotion ID number of the promotion. The promotion status indicates whether the promotion is Draft, Active or Expired, as well as if it’s about to start. Once the promotion period has ended, this field will be marked in red saying: Status: Expired. You can choose what to show on an expired promotion page.
- Link to the promotion. Use this URL whenever you share the promotion. Learn more about sharing here. The copy link button automatically copies the link to make sharing even faster.
- Activate Promotion. When the promotion is ready to launch, click this button to activate it. You'll be taken to the activation page, where you can review the billing information and make payments.
- Test mode. This tool will allow you to carry out a real test of the promotion before activating it, in order to participate in it as users will when it is activated and thus be able to check that the promotion works as expected before launching it. More information.
- Side menu. All your promotion settings in one place.
- View tutorial. This tutorial guides you step by step through the creation and management of your promotion.
- Promotion dates and timezone control the phases of the promotion.
Languages indicates the default language of the promotion. You can change this, if you wish.
Localization limits the participation to one or several countries. Learn more about country restrictions here.
- Next steps: Practical recommendations that will guide you in the creation and management of your campaign.
Tip: The promotion ID number (#) is a unique identifier for each promotion. Quote this number if you need to contact the Easypromos support team with any issues. This will make it easier for us to review your settings and help you out.
Step 2. Create the questions and answers
The platform comes with lots of pre-settings, based on the version you have chosen (Premium or White Label). First set up the questions that you wish to ask participants. Next, you can customize the platform features to meet your needs.
1. Enter the promotion “Editor”.
2. Go to Pages > Quiz. Create your first question by clicking on the corresponding button.
3. For every question you create, the following window will appear to help you choose the question type. If you’re already familiar with the Quiz Editor, click on "Advanced" to see extra question options.
For a Predictions contest, we suggest using closed questions (single response, multi-response, sortable response) and dropdown menus.
The participant will only be able to select one of the suggested answers. This is the most common type of question in a Predictions promotion.
Click "create" and the question editor will open. You'll see the following option tabs:
1. Contents. Use this tab to set up your question:
- Question text: Type the question you want to ask here.
- Upload Media: Decide if you want to complement the question with an image or video.
- Design: If you upload an image for the question, choose between a horizontal or vertical display.
- Feedback message text: You can present an informative text after users answer the question. You can customize feedback for correct and incorrect answers.
2. Answers: Click the "New Answer" button to create as many answers as you have planned for the question:
Important! For optimal display of each entry, we recommend that each answer includes text as well as an image.
If you have created a "Single answer" question, the participant will only be able to select one of the options available:
This type of quiz enables participants to select more than one answer. You can decide how many different answers the participant may select.
- Minimum and maximum number of answers. Use these two fields to define how many answers the participant should select. For Predictions, it’s a good idea to make the minimum and maximum number of answers the same.
- Scoring system. It’s possible to award points for each correct answer, or to only award points if the participant chooses all the possible correct options.
This is how the multi-answer question will be presented:
The participant must put the correct answers in order (using all the options, or just a set number of them).
If you have a large number of options and the participant has to choose just one, this format is the best choice. It could also come in handy if you want to ask several Prediction questions on the same page. You can choose to make the list drop-down or auto-complete.
Important! While you’re setting up the questions and answers, leave all the answers as “0”. When you know the results, you can fill in the points to indicate which predictions were correct. Learn how to reward points for correct predictions.
Step 3. Enable the Summary page
The Summary page shows users a summary of their answers to each question. The page is displayed after answering the last question of the questionnaire, and just before accessing the registration form. You can choose to allow users to repeat the questionnaire, if their score is not high enough to access the registration form.
Note: The Summary Page is not available for applications with the Login system enabled.
Step 4. Participant registration system
In order to participate in the Predictions app, users must register by filling in the registration form with the requested data.
To do this, go to the Editor > Pages > Registration Form, to customize the fields that you want to ask users to be able to participate:
In addition, you can enable the Login system, which has the following features:
- It gives the option of enabling multi-participation, by deciding the number of participations you want to grant to each user, in the entire promotion, per day, or per hour.
Check in this tutorial how to enable Login and how to configure multi-participation.
When is it recommended to enable the Login system?
- When we want to place the identification and registration form BEFORE the quiz questions.
- When we want to limit the draw to users who have validated the email.
- When we want to limit participation in the draw to users that are registered in the client's systems. Example: Limit the campaign to users registered in your website or users of your mobile app. This option requires using the Autologin system.
Note: In order to be able to activate the Login system, it’s necessary to have an account with an active Premium or White Label plan.
Create a Multi-Round Predictions competition
If you’d like to create a Predictions contest for each day of a championship, tournament or competition, the ideal solution is to create a "Multi-Round Predictions app", which will allow you to create a competition with multiple predictions rounds.
You will be able to add as many days as you want, customize the game with your own images and design, and define when each stage will be open. All the stages will be presented on the Stage Distribution page so that users can participate in the different rounds:
This way, users will participate in the different rounds and will accumulate points based on the predictions they make at each stage. The score achieved by each participant will be reflected in a global ranking of participants:
In order to create a Multi-Round Predictions app you can follow the tutorial where we explain how to set up a promotion with multiple participation stages.
Note: The "Multi-Round Predictions app" is available with the White Label plan or a Corporate account.
3. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Timed Quiz, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
4. Update scores and calculate points
Once the event or activity has finished, return to the Promotion Management Page to select the correct answers to each question, and manage the predictions made by participants.
Follow these steps:
1. Access Editor > Pages > Quiz and score the correct answers.
- This tutorial will guide you through the process of correctly scoring each question type (single response, multiple response, sortable response, etc.).
Tip: you can award as many points as you like for each correct answer. For example, if a question was harder to answer, you can award more points to whoever got it right.
2. Go back to the Promotion Management Page and the “See Participants” section in order to recalculate participants’ points.
Once you’ve scored the correct answers, you can calculate the number of points obtained by each participant. Use the following tool:
A screen will show you the calculation progress, and tell you how many participants’ results are being updated:
From this point on, the number of points obtained by each user will be displayed in the participants list, as well as the corresponding Excel file.
Use the filter and sort tool located in the left-hand column to see how many participants have successfully answered all the questions. You can also check who has the highest score.
Note: In the case of a Predictions app with the Login system enabled, the "Recalculate" option is located within the Promotion Editor, specifically, in the Editor > Pages > Participation section, as shown in the following screenshot:
5. Manage prizes and publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the Predictions app, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have two ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
1. Carry out a draw only among users who have answered all the questions correctly. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how you can create the prize to be raffled among the participants who have answered all the questions.
2. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.
3. Give a coupon to all users who have participated. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how to create the promotional coupon type prize to assign it directly to all users after participating.