The "Predictions" application will allow you to challenge your community with a betting pool or a bracket contest to let them guess the results of a series of questions. This is the ideal application to boost brand engagement with contests for sports championships and award ceremonies.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General description
With the Predictions application you can create a question and answer contest so that participants can predict, guess and make predictions of the results of a future event. The Predictions app will allow you to:
- Design the quiz completely tailored to your needs, personalized with photos, texts and videos.
- Combine different types of answers (single answer, multiple-answer and even sortable answers).
- Create as many questions as you want, and indicate which is the correct answer to each of them.
- Enable the summary page to show the participants the correct and incorrect answers and choose if you want them to restart the questionnaire or go to the registration form.
- Reward the knowledge of the participants with a final draw among all the participants that have answered correctly the questions.
2. How is the participation flow of the user
What will the user experience be like? The promotion is made up of different pages that the user will find when interacting with the promotion to participate, such as: the initial welcome page, the registration page, where the user will register with their data, the page that presents the questions of the survey, etc. As a whole, the different pages will make up the structure of the promotion and the flow of participation that the user will follow to complete the promotional mechanics of the promotion.
In addition, as an administrator you can select which participation flow you want users to follow. Specifically, there are three different participation flows: Identified Mode, where the user must identify and register before being able to spin the Wheel; Visitor Mode, where the user first spins the Wheel and then identifies and registers in order to claim their prize; and Anonymous Mode, where the user participates without identifying himself or registering. The choice of one modality or another will determine how the user's participation and experience in the promotion will be.
3. Create the promotion
How to start creating the Survey? We present the following tutorial that will allow you to know the first steps to create your promotion so that you do not miss any important point. You will learn all the general management options that you have available as an administrator in your internal dashboard to manage and edit the promotion.
4. Create the questions and answers
As a next step you should create the questions and answers of the survey. To do so, click on "Editor":
2. Go to Pages > Quiz. Create your first question by clicking on the corresponding button.
3. For every question you create, the following window will appear to help you choose the question type. If you’re already familiar with the Quiz Editor, click on "Advanced" to see extra question options.
For a Predictions contest, we suggest using closed questions (single response, multi-response, sortable response) and dropdown menus.
The participant will only be able to select one of the suggested answers. This is the most common type of question in a Predictions promotion.
Click "create" and the question editor will open. You'll see the following option tabs:
1. Contents. Use this tab to set up your question:
- Question text: Type the question you want to ask here.
- Upload Media: Decide if you want to complement the question with an image or video.
- Design: If you upload an image for the question, choose between a horizontal or vertical display.
- Feedback message text: You can present an informative text after users answer the question. You can customize feedback for correct and incorrect answers.
2. Answers: Click the "New Answer" button to create as many answers as you have planned for the question:
Important! For optimal display of each entry, we recommend that each answer includes text as well as an image.
If you have created a "Single answer" question, the participant will only be able to select one of the options available:
This type of quiz enables participants to select more than one answer. You can decide how many different answers the participant may select.
- Minimum and maximum number of answers. Use these two fields to define how many answers the participant should select. For Predictions, it’s a good idea to make the minimum and maximum number of answers the same.
- Scoring system. It’s possible to award points for each correct answer, or to only award points if the participant chooses all the possible correct options.
This is how the multi-answer question will be presented:
The participant must put the correct answers in order (using all the options, or just a set number of them).
If you have a large number of options and the participant has to choose just one, this format is the best choice. It could also come in handy if you want to ask several Prediction questions on the same page. You can choose to make the list drop-down or auto-complete.
Important! While you’re setting up the questions and answers, leave all the answers as “0”. When you know the results, you can fill in the points to indicate which predictions were correct. Learn how to reward points for correct predictions.
5. Create a Multi-Round Predictions competition
If you’d like to create a Predictions contest for each day of a championship, tournament or competition, the ideal solution is to create a "Multi-Round Predictions app", which will allow you to create a competition with multiple predictions rounds.
You will be able to add as many days as you want, customize the game with your own images and design, and define when each stage will be open. All the stages will be presented on the Stage Distribution page so that users can participate in the different rounds:
This way, users will participate in the different rounds and will accumulate points based on the predictions they make at each stage. The score achieved by each participant will be reflected in a global ranking of participants:
In order to create a Multi-Round Predictions app you can follow the tutorial where we explain how to set up a promotion with multiple participation stages.
Note: The "Multi-Round Predictions app" is available with the White Label plan or a Corporate account.
6. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Timed Quiz, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc.Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
7. Update scores and calculate points
Once the event or activity has finished, return to the Promotion Management Page to select the correct answers to each question, and manage the predictions made by participants.
Follow these steps:
1. Access Editor > Pages > Participation > Predictions and score the correct answers.
Tip: you can award as many points as you like for each correct answer. For example, if a question was harder to answer, you can award more points to whoever got it right.
Once you’ve scored the correct answers, you can calculate the number of points obtained by each participant from this same section of the Editor. Use the following tool:
A screen will show you the calculation progress, and tell you how many participants’ results are being updated.
From this point on, the number of points obtained by each user will be displayed in the participants list, as well as the corresponding Excel file.
8. Manage prizes and publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the Predictions app, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have two ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
1. Carry out a draw only among users who have answered all the questions correctly. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how you can create the prize to be raffled among the participants who have answered all the questions.
2. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.
3. Give a coupon to all users who have participated. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how to create the promotional coupon type prize to assign it directly to all users after participating.