The "Instant Win" application will allow you to distribute prizes immediately among your followers. Users will play to try their luck and will instantly find out if they have won any of the prizes.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General description
Instant Win promotions allow you to reward those users who register for the promotion at specific times defined by the administrator.
Through a simple form, you can program in advance the exact dates, hours, minutes and seconds in which you want the prizes to be distributed or, if you prefer, you can also let the application decide randomly when they will deliver the prizes.
How are the prizes assigned to the participants?
Prizes will be awarded to the first user who signs up for the promotion at the exact moment that coincides with a winning moment. If no user is registered at that time, the prize will be assigned to the first user to enter.
Example: you have defined 1 instant win at 10h:00m:00s. User A signs in at 09h:59m:59s. User B registers at 10h:00m:01s. User C registers at 10h:00m:02s. In this case, the prize would be assigned to user B.
With Instant Win promotions the user will immediately discover if he has won any of the prizes. You can decide if you want the user to participate more than once, thus increasing the chances of winning a prize and, in this case, you can define the frequency of participation.
2. Set up of the Instant Win promotion
Now we explain how to create the prizes, how to program the allocation of the different prizes, how to configure the participations per user and the participant registration system, and how to customize the message to non-winners.
Step 1. Create the promotion
1. Access the Easypromos Control Panel and log in with your email address and password to manage and create your promotions.
2. Create a new promotion by clicking the green button.
3. You'll see a list of the different types of promotion available. Choose Instant Win to create a promotion which instantly and randomly awards exciting prizes to users.
4. As a next step, set up the following options:
- Organizing brand. As a first step, you should select or create an organizing brand for your promotion. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works as a folder within your Easypromos account, in order to help organize the promotions that you create.
- Template version. Select which template you want to use to create your promotion: Premium or White Label.
5. After clicking on "Continue" button, you'll get access to the promotion management page, where you'll find all the promotion options. Below, we outline the most important sections:
- Header. This displays the title of the promotion, the version (Premium or White Label), and other relevant information, such as the promotion ID number. The promotion status indicates whether your campaign is Draft, Active or Expired, as well as if it’s about to start. Once the promotion period has ended, this field will be marked in red saying: Status: Expired. You can choose what to show on an expired promotion page.
- Link to the promotion. Use this URL whenever you share the promotion. Learn more about sharing here. The copy link button automatically copies the link to make sharing even faster.
- Activate Promotion. When the promotion is ready to launch, click this button to activate it. You'll be taken to the activation page, where you can review billing information and make payments.
- Side menu. All your promotion settings in one place.
- View tutorial. This tutorial guides you step by step through the creation and management of your promotion.
- Promotion dates controls the timezone and phases of the promotion.
Languages indicates the default language of the promotion. You can edit this if you wish.
Localization limits participation to one or several countries. Learn more about country restriction.
- Next steps: Practical recommendations that will guide you in the creation and management of your campaign.
Note: the promotion ID number (#) is a unique identifier for each promotion. Quote this number if you need to contact the Easypromos support team with any issues. This will make it easier for us to review your settings and help you out.
Step 2. Create the prizes
Once you have customized the different pages of the promotion, the next step is to create your prizes.
Follow the steps below to create Instant Win prizes:
1. Go to Editor:
2. Next, go to General > Prizes. In this section you will see that you have already created 3 prizes as an example so that the process of creating the prizes is easier for you.
3. Next, you can edit and configure the characteristics of the prize in more detail. You can set up how prizes are displayed to winners, create a promotional code or download, and design content for users to share on social media. Follow this tutorial to explore all the options available.
In this example, the prize is a free course and the details are outlined in the field “Short description”. The prize will be assigned by instant win and there is a total of 1 unit of this prize (so there will only be 1 winner).
4. If you’re giving away a range of prizes as part of the same promotion, you must create a new prize for each type. Repeat the steps above as needed.
Step 3. Schedule prize assignment
Now you've created your prizes, the next step is to define the Instant Win moments. This means scheduling when prizes are awarded with the Instant Win feature. You'll need to set a date and time to award each prize.
Follow the steps below:
2. Now let's take a look at all your options in this section:
- Options: Here you will find the option "Enable void prizes", which allows that if no user has entered the promotion just at the time that coincides with one of the programmed prizes, the prize will be deserted.
- Calendar / List tabs: View a list of scheduled Instant Win moments in calendar (default) or list format.
- View all the prizes that you've created. If you have a range of different prizes, the different types will be identified by different colours. You can view the following information:
- Name of the prize.
- Number of prize units.
- Number of scheduled Instant Win moments.
- Add Instant Win: Use this button to schedule an Instant Win moment for the prize.
- Select the prize: Choose which prize to schedule.
- How many prizes do you want to create? Select how many Instant Win moments this prize will have. You can schedule all the Instant Win moments for the same time, or give each one a specific time and date.
- Date: Select the period of time during which you want the Instant Win moments to be distributed. If you have not edited the moments individually, the system will schedule winning moments randomly within these dates.
4. When you have configured these options, click “Save”. You can see scheduled instant wins in the calendar:
5. If you have created multiple prizes, you should repeat the same steps to schedule more instant win moments. Click on the “Add Instant Win” button again. You'll be able to see which prizes still need to be scheduled:
When you have scheduled Instant Win moments for all the prizes, check the overall distribution of prizes throughout the promotion. You can change the date and time of each Instant Win moment, for example, if too many of them occur on the same day. You can choose to “edit” or “delete”:
Step 4. Participant registration system
Next, you can configure the number of participations and the frequency of participation, as well as how you want users to identify themselves to participate.
To do this, as a first step, access the "Participation" tab, where you'll see that the participation mechanic of the "Instant Win" promotion has been automatically created, called "Check in", which consists of a direct participation mechanic.
As a first step, click on the pencil icon to configure the participation properties:
Then you will find the following configuration tabs:
1. Options: From this section you can configure the number of times that users can try their luck at the Instant Win, as well as the frequency of participation. In addition, you can also check the box "If giving direct prizes on participating, users can only win one prize", which allows you to configure that the same participant can only win 1 prize.
2. Requirements: Optionally, before trying their luck, the promotion may present Requirements as a complement to the user's participation, which are additional actions that the users need to carry out mandatorily before being able to participate. It’s possible to establish one of the following types of requirements:
- Validate a code: The user needs to enter a valid code to be able to access the participation mechanic.
- Watch a video: The user needs to watch a YouTube video until the end to access the participation mechanic.
3. Check in configuration. The Chek in is a screen that will appear to the user after submitting the registration form and just before discovering whether or not they have won an award. This screen is specified with a "Continue" button to access the result of the award allocation or it can also be configured as a progress bar that automatically redirects the user after 3 seconds.
In this tab you will find all the options to customize and configure the mechanics of the Chek in:
- Image: By default, it comes with an animated GIF that simulates the process of registering the user's participation, as a previous step before discovering if it is one of the winners.
- Description: You can customize the text that will be shown on this previous screen.
- Option "How do you want the transition to be?": It allows you to configure the transition to the screen where the user will discover if he has been the winner. This transition can be:
- Automatic redirection: The user will be automatically redirected to the next screen after 3 seconds.
- By clicking a button: You can customize the text of the button that will take the user to the next screen.
Then go to the Editor > Pages > Login and you can set up the way users can identify themselves to participate in the Prize Wheel. Discover here the different types of Login and all the configuration options.
Step 5. Define a message to non-winners
In an Instant Win competition, there's always the chance that a user will complete registration and not win a prize. By default, these users are taken to a page which thanks them for participating - the same page which winners see, after the pop-up announcing their prize.
But you can customize the thank you page with a special message for non-winners. Show them them that their participation is valued, and encourage them to try their luck again!
To customize the message to non-winners, follow these steps:
- Go to Editor > Pages > Thank you > Non-winner message.
- Check the box “Do you want to configure a non-winners message?”
- Customize the message with the following options:
- Upload media. You can display an image of your choice alongside the message. We recommend dimensions of 810x160px.
- Message. Use this to thank users for their participation. Remind them that they can try their luck again, if you have set up the promotion to allow multiple entries.
Note: This content will replace the "Thank you message" and the header image for users who have not won a prize.
Here you can see how a non-winners message is displayed:
3. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Instant Win promotion, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
4. Manage and publish the contest winners
Go to Editor > Tools > Instant Win to verify how prizes have been assigned. You can view each day's winners in the Calendar, as well as in the list of prizes:
In addition, you have the possibility to publicly show the winners of each of the prizes. To do this, you must access the Editor > Pages > Winners section, where you can present with an image the different prizes that you plan to assign, and the system will publish the names of the winners of each award:
Check out this tutorial to discover all the options to publish your winners.