Fraud control on entries Follow
To ensure that only genuine users can enter a promotion, Easypromos employs a number of measures to regulate the identification and registration of entrants.
1. Easypromos monitors the authenticity of entrants by asking them to identify themselves. Entrants can identify themselves using one of the methods defined by the administrator in the "Login & Registration" section within the Editor.
The identification options available are:
- Facebook Login: The user identifies him/herself with a personal Facebook account. Upon identification, the user must authorise a Facebook application and accept its permissions, to catch the user's full name and email address. Only the email information is requested as permission. For Premium promotions, the Facebook Login will work with Easypromos own application. For promotion created in the White Label version, the client can configure its own Facebook application for the Login.
- Google Login: The user is identified with a Google account. Upon identification, the user must authorise a Google application, and accept its permissions. Currently the client can only configure their own Google App to loginin the White Label version.
- LinkedIn Login: Users identify themselves connecting via their LinkedIn account. Upon identification, the user will be required to authorise a LinkedIn application and accept its permissions. If you enable Login with LinkedIn and expect more than 10,000 users from this social network, please contact us.
- Email: Users simply identify themselves with their email address. We strongly recommend you to enable the "Validate email" option: In this case, after identifying themselves, users will receive an email with their own direct access link to participation. In this way, you are guaranteed that the email entered is valid, and that the participating user is its owner.
- Twitch: Users identify with their Twitch account.
- Code: It allows the user to identify himself with a personalized code. The validation of the code entered by the user can be done with three different methods:
- By a regular expression.
- By a codeset.
- By the Luhn algorithm.
- Autologin API. The Autologin system allows users from an external system to be sent to the Easypromos promotion, so that users participate directly in the promotion skipping the login and registration process of the promotion itself. Learn more about how the Autologin system works.
2. Easypromos maintains an active database of fraudulent users. These users are blocked by the platform and prevented from participating in any promotions. This option is always active and cannot be modified.
Note: A user is classed as fraudulent when we have technical data proving that he/she has cheated in an Easypromos promotion. Cheating could include using IP changing software, purchasing votes online or attempting to use robots to automatize contest entries. Users who participate legitimately in a large number of contests are not classed as fraudulent.
3. In Editor > Pages > Login & Register > Security Options you can find other configurations to control participations. We explain more below.
- Restriction to not allow disposable email domains. It consists in avoiding that users can sign up with "disposable" or temporary emails. Temporary emails can be created with different online tools and they make it possible to have an email address without having to establish a password, register, or creating an account, the only thing necessary is to make up any email address. They are disposable email addresses because they are eliminated automatically after a couple of hours. More information about this filter.
Max. entries by Browser/IP. This option enables you to limit the number of entries that a user can make from a single device. A device is identified by its browser and IP address. If a user reaches the maximum number of entries from a single Browser/IP, he or she will not be permitted to enter the promotion again.
The recommended value is three attempts. This parameter is aimed at promotions that permit one entry per user. If you wish to enable multiple entries, you can increase the value of this field so that users can enter the promotion again and again without having to change their computers/devices.
Many users enter and vote from a single device, which means that this anti-fraud control is the first thing to be triggered when a user tries to enter from multiple accounts. This option minimizes the impact of this type of fraud.
- Frequency of participation from the same IP. This option makes it possible to adjust the frequency with which a user can enter a promotion from the same IP address. The default value of this option is 'Medium', which allows users to enter the promotion again after 300 seconds. This option serves to minimize fraud in recruiting contests. You can change the setting to 'Low' rate if you wish to permit multiple entries during a single hour, as in ‘Winning Moment’ promotions. You can also disable this option, but we don't recommend it except when registering multiple users in a fair, congress or event with the same device.
4. Block blacklisted users from entering. Each Easypromos administrator can create a blacklist of users which can be updated and expanded as more contests are organized. The blacklist saves the data of Facebook users (FBUID and email), email users, Twitter users and Instagram users.
This way, the system will automatically block these users so none of them will be able to enter the promotion. If any of the users on your blacklist tries to participate in the promotion, the message "Access blocked. Sorry, you can't participate" will appear. In case you want to modify this message, you can do it using the Dictionaries tool.
From the View Entries section you can block any entrants who don’t comply with the promotion guidelines.
During the process of randomly selecting the winner you can also apply exclusions. This means that all users are allowed to enter the promotion but blacklisted participants can be excluded from the final sweepstakes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.