As a promotion administrator you have the possibility to enable different Social Login methods to facilitate the identification and registration process for users in the promotion. Specifically, users may identify themselves with the following social networks in the promotion:
When logging in with one of these social networks, if it is their first time participating, users will need to authorize the permissions of an application. By default in Easypromos contests, an application with the name "Easypromos" is accepted.
Why do you need an application for Social Login?
Taking the example of social login with Facebook: an application in the Facebook developer environment is needed to enable Facebook login in your promotion because it is the way Facebook ensures that your promotion is trustworthy and safe for its users, acting as an intermediary that manages access to user data in a controlled and secure manner.
We show below what the permission acceptance window of the Facebook application "Easypromos" looks like, which users must authorize in order to log in with this social network:
Why do users accept an application called Easypromos? (If I have a White Label plan!)
By default, the application we use to log in to a social network is called Easypromos. As indicated in the previous point, applications are necessary because they are the intermediary between the contest and user data on social networks. Social networks want these intermediaries to be trustworthy, and that is why social networks require that the owner of the application be perfectly identified, and that it does not raise any doubts for the user who accepts permissions, through whom they are transferring their data.
Therefore, to comply with the social networks' own application policies and for the safety of participating users, the name of the application we own must clearly state our name and cannot hide the "Easypromos" reference.
Can I change the name of the app or use another app with my name?
You cannot change the name of our application, but if you have a White Label subscription, you can create your own application, use your own brand's name to identify it, and link it to the promotion. This way, the login to the contest on the social network is done through your application and users will not see any reference to Easypromos.
Note: to have social Login linked to your own application(s) in your promotion, the promotion needs to be created using the White Label version. Promotions created in the Premium version do not offer this feature.
How do I create my own application on the social network so that users authorize an application with my name?
Each social network has its own procedure for creating an application. For all of them, however, the following information should be taken into account before doing so:
- Who can create an application? It must be carried out by a person from the company organizing the contest with a developer profile, or who already has experience in integrating with Social Login and who has knowledge of the Oauth protocol.
- How long does it take to create the app? The process can take between 1 hour and 5 days, depending on the social network. Google Login can be set up within an hour, but the Facebook one usually takes longer (around 2 days). The reason is that social networks may review the application and the owner of the application before it is operational.
- Can Easypromos create the application for me? No, Easypromos cannot create applications on behalf of the client. We can however provide advice and support services. Contact your sales representative to receive a quote for this service.
1. Information for developers
This section is aimed at the developer who will create the application. If you are not a developer or do not have experience creating applications for Social Login, please forward this information to the appropriate person in your company.
To use social login through a specific social network, you will need to create an application for said network. Once the application is created, it will be necessary to enter the Client ID and Secret in the promotion, so that they are linked.
1. To create the application you will need the following data:
- Permissions or Scope: the login we have implemented in the contests does not require advanced permissions. We only require basic user information which includes the user's unique ID, name and profile photo, as well as the user's email.
- Redirection URL: when configuring the application you must enter the redirection URL after user authentication. You can find and copy this URL from the promotion control panel, by following these steps:
In the next section of the tutorial, you will find more information regarding the creation process of the login application for each specific social network.
2. Link the app to the promotion
Once you have created and published the application on the social network, you must link it to the promotion by entering its Client ID and Secret. To do this you must go to the promotion administration panel, enter the Integrations section. Below, you can see an example to enter the Client ID and Secret of a Google application:
- Integration with Facebook
- Integration with Google
- Integration with Linkedin
- Integration with Twitch
- Integration with Tik Tok
2.1. Integration with Facebook
In order to create an application on Facebook, you must take into account the following points:
- You must have a Facebook developer account.
- Facebook use case is: Login.
- You must link the application to a Business Manager with a Verified Business.
- You must set the "Email" and "Public Profile" permissions to an advanced level.
- You will need to let Facebook know why you need your participants' Facebook data, what use you will make of this data, and how you will protect it.
- Facebook annually carries out a data use and data protection check.
These are Facebook's requirements when you create an app with integration with its login:
In order to create an application on TikTok, you must take into account the following points:
- You will need to have a developer account on Tik Tok.
- In Tik Tok it is advisable to link the application to an organization.
- You must follow the registration steps of an application for web login.
- Tik Tok reviews the promotion before publishing it. It may take up to 48 hours.