Do you want to offer your users a moment of fun and entertainment? We present to you the "Spin the Wheel" app which lets you give away prizes, rewards, and discounts among the participants that spin the wheel to try their luck.
These are the contents of the tutorial:
1. General description
The “Spin the Wheel” app allows you to set up an entry form that users need to fill in and then they get the chance of trying their luck by spinning the wheel to see if they’ve won one of the prizes you’ve set up in the promotion. When you set up the promotion, you can create all the prizes that you want to give away in the wheel and the number of units of each prize.
These prizes will be shown in the prize wheel as “segments” and you can also choose the number of segments that you want to show. If you don’t want all users to get a prize, you can also add “No prize” segments.
2. How does the prize assignment in a Spin the Wheel promotion work?
There are two ways of assigning prizes in the prize wheel:
- Prize assignment by “Probability of the wheel” (default option).
- Prize assignment by “Instant Win”.
1. Prize assignment by “Probability of the wheel” (default option)
The probability of winning a prize in the wheel is the same as the number of segments in the wheel:
Example: a prize has 2 segments in a wheel with 10 segments. The probability of winning this prize is 2 to 10 (20%).
Equally, the probability of getting a ‘NO PRIZE’ is the same as the number of segments in the wheel.
Example: If there is 1 “NO PRIZE” segment in a wheel with 10 segments, the probability is that of 1 to 10 (10%).
If there are no more units of the prize available, the prize will still appear on the wheel but the wheel will never stop there.
This is the recommended option when:
- There is a prize for everyone that signs up and you don’t want to have ‘No prize’ segments.
- You have many prize units to allocate.
2. Prize assignment by “Instant Win”
With this prize type, the assignment is not done according to probability, but according to the date and time that the administrator schedules for each prize unit. To do so, the administrator has to define a date and a time when each prize unit will be allocated in the Instant Win tool.
This is the recommended option when:
- The prize wheel has more participants than prizes. For example:
- Long-running Spin the Wheel campaigns with few prizes.
- Prize wheels that are published and shared on social media and you expect a lot of participation.
- You want to have complete control over when each prize and to be able to distribute them evenly over the duration of the promotion.
3. What is the user experience like?
In order to participate, the user must access the promotion through the link that the organizer will have provided. Upon accessing, the user will experience the following flow of participation screens:
1. Welcome Page. It is the first page that the user reaches when opening the promotion link, where they will find the button to start participating.
3. Prize Wheel. Once logged in and completed the form, the user can spin the prize wheel to try their luck. In case of being a winner, the name of the prize the user has won will appear on the screen.
4. Final page. After playing the wheel, the user will access the final page, where a “thank you” message is displayed, as well as the tools to share the promotion. On this screen the user will also be able to see the number of attempts he has left to play the wheel.
This video explains how to create a Spin the Wheel game and what is the user experience like:
4. Set up of the Spin the Wheel
Here we explain all the steps to create your Spin the Wheel promotion.
Step 1. Create the promotion
1. Access the Easypromos Dashboard. Log in with your email address and password to manage and create your promotions.
2. Click the ‘Create new promotion’ button to start setting it up.
3. You'll see a list of available products. Choose "Spin the Wheel" in the "Games" column:
4. As a next step, set up the following options:
- Organizing brand. As a first step, you should select or create an organizing brand for your promotion. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works as a folder within your Easypromos account, in order to help organize the promotions that you create.
- Template version. Select which template you want to use to create your promotion: Premium or White Label.
5. After clicking on "Continue" button, you'll get access to the promotion management page. This is where all the options for configuring the promotion are laid out. The most important sections are outlined below:
- Header. This displays the title of the promotion, the platform you have chosen, and other relevant information such as the promotion ID. You'll also see your Promotion status in the small orange box. This indicates whether your promotion is Active, Draft or Old, as well as if it’s about to start. Once the promotion period has ended, this field will be marked in red, and you'll be able to decide how the expired link to the promotion will appear.
- Link to the promotion. This is the URL that you should use for sharing and publicizing the promotion. (You can learn more about URLs for sharing here.) You'll also see the Copy link button. This automatically copies the URL for you to share.
- Activate Promotion button. When the promotion is ready to launch, click this button to activate it. You'll be taken to the activation page, where you can review your billing information before making the payment for the promotion.
- Side menu. All your promotion settings in one place.
- View tutorial. This tutorial guides you through creating and managing your promotion, step by step.
- Here you will find the following configuration options:
- Set the date and timezone for the promotion.
- You can set and change the default languages of the promotion.
- Finally, you can limit participation to one or more countries with the localization tool.
- Next steps: Practical suggestions for the creation and management of your campaign.
Note: The promotion ID number is a unique identifier for each promotion. If you have any issues, use the promotion ID when you contact the Easypromos support team. This will make it easier for us to help you out.
Step 2. Create the prizes
The next step is to create all the prizes that you want to give away on the prize wheel. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Access the Editor > General > Prizes. In this section you will see that you have already created 2 prizes as an example so that the process of creating the prizes is easier for you.
2. Click on the pencil icon to edit the properties of the prizes and thus change the name and description of each prize, modify the number of units, etc.
Below you will find all the following configuration tabs:
A. "Go to Spin the Wheel" tab: This takes you to the "Participation" page where you'll be able to set up and customize the features of the wheel. The Spin the Wheel configuration and customization options are explained in Step 3 of this tutorial.
B. “Options tab”: In this tab you’ll find all the options to set up the properties of the prize:
1. Name of the prize. This is the name you gave the prize when creating it, you can change it now if you want.
2. Short description. this is the description of the prize you defined when creating it, you can change it now if you want.
3. Number of units. This number indicates the number of units you plan to give for this prize.
4. Do you want this prize to be a promotional code?: This option allows you to convert the prize in a promotional code that the users will obtain automatically when participating in the promotion. A promotional code is an alphanumeric code that can be the same for all users or a different one for each user that wins. For the prize to be a promotional code, you should associate the prize to a codeset. A codeset is a set of alphanumeric codes that the administrator of the promotion uploads to the promotion. The prizes use the codesets to know which code to assign and in which order. Additionally, you have the option to choose to show the assigned code together with a barcode or a QR code. Please refer to the Promotional Codes tutorial to know all the possibilities.
5. Does this prize have downloadable content?: This option allows you to give content that the users can download as a prize. By marking this option, in the winner pop-up the options “Download” and “Send by email” will be added. This content can be a document (PDF, Word, TXT), an audio file or and image file. If you choose this option, you can upload the file that the users can download (max. 10MB), or point to the external source of the file or mark the option that Easypromos should generate a PDF with the characteristics of the prize.
C. “Message to winner” tab: This section presents all the options to personalize the design and the way the message to prizewinners is displayed. In particular, you’ll be able to set up the following options:
D. "Delivery conditions" tab: Prizes can be conditioned so that they are not assigned until a certain date is reached. In this way, a prize with a date condition will always appear on the prize wheel, but will not be assigned until the date defined is reached.
In the following video you will see how to create a condition so that the prize in the wheel begins to be assigned from a specific date:
Note: This condition applies to all prize units. That is, if the prize is a tablet with two units and we block the prize until a certain date, the two units will begin to be given from that date. In case you want to control when each tablet will be given, the alternative is to create two different prizes with one unit each, and block the dates of each prize.
Step 3. Set up and customize the Wheel
Now you can set up and configure the Prize Wheel and change the settings. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Access the Editor> Pages> Participation where the participation mechanic has been automatically created. As a first step, click on the pencil icon to configure the participation settings:
Then you will find the following configuration tabs:
1. Options: It contains the general options of the stage. From this section, you can configure the number of times that users can spin the wheel, as well as the frequency of participation.
Here you can only set up that a user can only win one prize. This way, once a user has won a prize, they won't be able to participate again in the promotion.
2. Requirements: Optionally, before spinning the wheel the promotion may present Requirements as a complement to the user's participation, which are additional actions that the users need to carry out mandatorily before being able to participate. It’s possible to establish one of the following types of requirements:
- Validate a code: The user needs to enter a valid code to be able to access the participation mechanic.
- Watch a video: The user needs to watch a YouTube video until the end to access the participation mechanic.
3. Spin the Wheel settings. In this tab you will find all the options to customize and set up the Wheel.
Here you'll see all the options to set up the Prize Wheel.
As a first step, you will see that the type of prize assignment is "Probability of the wheel", which means that the probability of winning a prize depends on the number of segments in the wheel. Here you can see in more detail how this prize assignment works.
However, if you need to be able to have more control over when a certain prize will be assigned, from here you have the possibility to change the type of assignment to "Instant Win", which will allow you to define a date and a time when each prize unit will be assigned in the Instant Win tool. To do this, click on the option "Change to Instant Win prize assignment":
Next, confirm that you want to change the type of prize assignment:
Note: You can't change the type of prize assignment after the promotion has been activated. Use the Test Mode to test how the promotion works while it is still in draft mode.
Then you'll find the following options:
- Segments. Here you can select the number of segments that you want the wheel to have. The names of the prizes will be shown on the segments.
- No prize. Make the game more exciting by adding segments without prizes.
- Background image. Upload a special background image for the prize wheel page.
- Logo. Upload the logo of your brand, company or product for even more customization.
- IU color. Here you can change the color of the wheel and the spin button.
- Spin button. Here you can change the text on the button that makes the wheel spin.
In the "Prizes in the wheel" section you can change the colors of the prize segments:
1. Label: This is the name of the prize in the Spin the Wheel segment.
2. Color: This is the color of the segment for each prize.
You also have the possibility to edit the color and label for the "No prize" segments:
As a last step, you must program the assignment date and time of each prize unit creating the "instant prizes". To do this, you must access the Instant Win tool by clicking on the following option:
As a next step, you can follow this tutorial that explains in detail how to create the "instan prizes" for each prize unit.
B. "Download images" tab: From this tab the administrator can export the image of the prize wheel to facilitate the creation of promotional material. Additionally you can download the image of the wheel structure, and the prize segments separately, to facilitate more advanced design work. For example to create an animated GIF:
Finally, you can test the prize wheel to see if it works and looks like you want it to, before activating the promotion. In the image of the wheel on the right side of there the settings are, you can see the changes you’re making as you go along, and you can click to test the wheel.
Step 4. Participant registration system
In order to participate in the Spin the Wheel, participants must identify themselves with their email, with their Google account or with their Facebook profile. If this is the first time that the user participates, the first step will be to complete the registration form, which must be filled in with the data configured by the administrator.
To do this, go to the Editor > Pages > Registration Form, to customize the fields that you want to ask users to be able to participate:
5. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Spin the Wheel the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.