The “Product Recommender” app lets you ask the participating users a series of questions and depending on their preferred answers, you can show them which of your products fits them best in a customized final message where you can give them information about the recommended product.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General description
With the "Product Recommender" application you will be able to offer users a question and answer test about their preferences and tastes to recommend the product that best suits them. You will be able to design the test completely to your needs, personalize it with photos, texts and videos so that the user experience is fun and entertaining and with your brand look&feel. The Product Recommender will allow you to:
- Design the questionnaire completely tailored to your needs, personalized with photos, texts and videos.
- Combine different types of answers (single answer, multiple-answer and even sortable answers).
- Create as many questions as you want, and indicate which is the correct answer to each of them.
- Enable the summary page to show the participants a summary of their answers before registering.
- Show personalized final messages according to users' answers to show them the recommended product.
- Reward participants with a final draw among all the users who have completed the test.
2. Set up of the Product Recommender
Here we explain all the steps to create your Product Recommender.
Step 1. Create the promotion
1. Access the Easypromos Control Panel and log in with your email address and password to manage and create your promotions.
2. Create a new promotion using the green button.
3. You’ll be presented with the products available. Choose “Product Recommender" to create a promotion which consists of a list of questions that participants must answer in order to suggest them one of your products.
4. As a next step, set up the following options:
- Organizing brand. As a first step, you should select or create an organizing brand for your promotion. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works as a folder within your Easypromos account, in order to help organize the promotions that you create.
- Template version. Select which template you want to use to create your promotion: Premium or White Label.
5. When clicking on the Continue button, you'll be taken to the promotion management page, where you can find all the options for setting up your promotion. We've outlined the most important sections below:
- Header. This displays the title of the promotion, the platform version (Premium or White Label), and other relevant information such as the promotion ID number. The Promotion status indicates if the promotion is a Draft, Active or Expired, as well as if it’s about to start. Once the promotion has ended, this field will be marked in red saying: Status: Expired. You can choose what to show on an expired promotion page.
- Link to the promotion. Use this URL whenever you share the promotion. Learn more about sharing here. The copy link button automatically copies the link, to make sharing even faster.
- Activate Promotion. When the promotion is ready to launch, click this button to activate it. You'll be taken to the activation page, where you can review billing information and make payments.
- Side menu. All your promotion settings in one place.
- View tutorial. This tutorial guides you step by step through the creation and management of your promotion.
- Promotion dates and time zone control the promotion phases.
Languages indicates the default language of the promotion. You can edit this if you wish.
Localization allows you to limit participation to one or several countries. Learn more about country restrictions.
- Next steps: Practical recommendations that will guide you in the creation and management of your campaign.
Top tip: the promotion ID number (#) is a unique identifier for each promotion. Quote this number if you need to contact the Easypromos support team with any issues. This will make it easier for us to review your settings and help you out.
Step 2. Create the questions and answers
Next, create the questions that you want to ask the participants.
1. Access the ‘Editor’ of the promotion:
2. Access the section Pages > Quiz, which is the place where you will create your questions and answers. As you can see, you will have 6 questions already created, so you can see examples of different questions:
3. Once you know the questions you want to design, click on the pencil icon to edit the contents of the question:
Next, we indicate the options that you must modify to create your question:
a) Contents of the Question:
You will see the options for editing the question, which you must complete with your own content:
You'll find the following options:
- Question text: Type the question you want to ask users here.
- Upload Media: Decide if you want to accompany the question with an image or video.
- Position: If you upload an image for the question, choose between a horizontal or vertical display.
- Answers: Click on the pencil icon to rename each answer. Click on the "Add answers" button if you need to add more, use the copy response option to duplicate the answers or use the trash can icon if you need to delete answers.
b) Advanced options:
Here you will find the options to set up your question:
- Feedback message text: You can present an informative text with the correct answer after users answer the question. You can customize different feedback messages for correct and incorrect answers.
- Container columns: It will allow you to indicate how many answers you want to show per row.
- Question type: In case you need to modify the type of question you have initially created.
- Hide Continue button: Check this option if you want the user to move to the next question by just clicking on the answer buttons. By default, the Continue button is displayed in closed answers to allow users to move forward to the next questions of the quiz.
- Allow users to change their answer.
4. If you wish, you can also create a new question and configure it to your liking. To do this, click on the "New question" button:
5. For each question that you create, you will see the following window with the different answer types but for the Product Recommender, you should use the ‘Single answer’ option because they allow you to give the same score in each question and connect them with a certain final message.
Step 3. Create the final messages to show the recommended product
One of the special features of the Product Recommender is that it lets you set up customized final messages based on the preferences in the answers, or based on the “majority of answers” if using this system.
This option will let you show each user a different final message recommending one of your products, depending on the answers in the quiz.
Click here to see our Cheese Recommender and try the user experience.
To create different final messages depending on the answers, you should follow these steps:
1. Go to the Editor> Pages> Quiz > Final messages section. As you can see, you have 4 final messages already created, each with a specific score, so you can better see how to configure each final message. Click on the pencil icon to edit the final messages:
Tip! We recommend that you start by designing the messages that you want to display on the final page since they vary depending on the number of products you want to show in the recommender. Each final message will represent one of the products that you want to recommend to the participants.
Example: To write this tutorial, we’ve invented a recommender quiz with questions about cheese (which type do you like the most, how do you prefer to eat it, etc.) and depending on the answers, on the final page of the promotion, the user will receive a recommendation about the kind of cheese that best match their preferences.
To do so, to each final message you should assign the value: 1, 2, 3, 4, etc., to define the different products.
2. Assign points to the answers. Once you have defined the final messages for the different products you want to recommend, you must give a score to the answers to the different questions. Assign a value to each answer that corresponds to each product, for example, 1, 2, 3, or 4, etc. in order to link each response to a specific final message.
The following question “How do you prefer cheese?” has three possible answers:
a) Fresh or soft-ripened
b) Semi-soft or semi-hard
So we connect each answer with the product that matches this characteristic. To do so, in the “Number of points” we put the value of the final message (= product) that matches each answer:
You can assign more than one value to each answer so that you can connect one answer with more than one product. This option is useful if, because of the characteristics of a product, this can be connected with more than one of the possible answers.
Example: If in the question “Type of milk used…”, the answer “Sheep’s milk” can be connected with different cheeses, you can write the values of the different cheeses made with sheep’s milk to create the connection:
And this is how the final message that recommends a specific product is displayed:
Step 4. Enable the Summary page
The Questionnaire Summary page shows users a new page with the details of their answers before registering their contact details. This screen is presented after answering the last question of the questionnaire, just before accessing the registration form. You can choose to allow users to repeat the questionnaire before they register.
Note: The Summary Page is not available for quizzes with the Login system enabled.
Step 5. Participant registration system
In order to participate in the Product Recommender, users must register by filling in the registration form with the requested data.
To do this, go to the Editor > Pages > Registration Form, to customize the fields that you want to ask users to be able to participate:
In addition, you can enable the Login system, which has the following features:
- It gives the option of enabling multi-participation, by deciding the number of participations you want to grant to each user, in the entire promotion, per day, or per hour.
Check in this tutorial how to enable Login and how to configure multi-participation.
When is it recommended to enable the Login system?
- When we want to place the identification and registration form BEFORE the quiz questions.
- When we want to limit the draw to users who have validated the email.
- When we want to limit participation in the draw to users that are registered in the client's systems. Example: Limit the campaign to users registered in your website or users of your mobile app. This option requires using the Autologin system.
Note: In order to be able to activate the Login system, it’s necessary to have an account with an active Premium or White Label plan.
3. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Timed Quiz, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
4. Manage prizes and publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the Product Recommender, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have two ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
1. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.
2. Carry out a giveaway based on the recommended product. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how you can create the prize to raffle it among the participants according to the recommended product.
3. Give a coupon to all users who have participated. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how to create the promotional coupon type prize to assign it directly to all users after participating.