Do you want to give your audience the opportunity of a moment of fun and entertainment? We present to you the Slide&Match game, where users must swap 2 items to create combinations of 3. Users will earn points for each combination, and will also get additional points based on the time remaining. In this way, participants will compete with each other to obtain the highest score in the Ranking and as administrator you will be able to reward the best classified.
These are the contents of the tutorial:
1. General description
Games have always captured the attention of users, who enjoy solving challenges such as word searches, word games, puzzles and memory games.
In particular, in this tutorial we explain all the steps to create a Slide&Match game, which has the following features:
- You can upload the five elements that will make up the panel and that must be combined and the system will automatically create the game.
- You can limit the time available for players to complete the game (from 30 to 300 seconds).
- You can adapt the difficulty of the game by applying one of the three available difficulty levels in order to personalize the experience to the fullest.
- Multiple options to reward participants: You can assign the prize/s to the participants with the highest score, run a random draw among the participants with the highest score, draw a prize among all the participants, etc.
2. How is the user participation flow
What will the user experience be like? The promotion is made up of different pages that the user will find when interacting with the promotion to participate, such as: the initial welcome page, the registration page, where the user will register with their data, the page that presents the game, etc. As a whole, the different pages will make up the structure of the promotion and the flow of participation that the user will follow to complete the promotional mechanics of the promotion.
In addition, as an administrator you can select which participation flow you want users to follow. Specifically, there are three different participation flows: Identified Mode, where the user must identify and register before being able to play; Visitor Mode, where the user first plays and then identifies and registers in order to claim their prize; and Anonymous Mode, where the user participates without identifying himself or registering. The choice of one modality or another will determine how the user's participation and experience in the promotion will be.
3. Create the promotion
How to start creating the Slide&Match game? The following tutorial presents the first steps to create your promotion so that you don't miss any important point. You will learn all the general management options that you have available as an administrator in your dashboard to manage and edit the promotion.
4. Set up the Slide&Match game
To begin with the customization of your Slide & Match game, go to the Editor of the promotion > Pages > Participation > Slide & Match > Slide & Match tab. Upon accessing, you will see that a sample game is configured so that you can see how to configure it and thus be inspired to design your own game. You can use the "Test the game" tab to test the user experience when playing:
Then go to the "Gameplay settings” section, where you can configure the following sections of the game:
- Level. There are three different levels of difficulty. These difficulty levels establish a number of movements and a recommended time limit.
- Moves to achieve. You can select the number of movements that the participant will need to make (between 5 and 50).
- Time limit to achieve the moves: You can customize the maximum time that the user will have to perform all the required moves (between 30 and 300 seconds).
- Items. You can upload the different elements that the users will play with and combine. The images should have a 100x100p format. Depending on the difficulty chosen, the number of elements will vary (a maximum of 7). You will be able to edit the name of each of the elements as well as the score given to the user for combining that element.
- Background color. You can choose the background color of the container of the elements.
In the "Instructions" tab you can upload a header image and you will see the following indications:
- Instructions. Explanation of the actions that the user must take to get points.
- Your challenge. The number of movements that the participant must carry out and the time they have to carry them out.
- Game items. You will be able to see the different elements of the game plus the score of each one of them.
- Combos with Bonus. The different combinations that will give the participant extra points.
Finally, in the "Test the game" tab you can test the game before publishing the promotion.
5. Customize the score screen
In the "Score screen" section you can customize the colors and texts that will be displayed on the screen that the user will access after completing the game, which allows the user to be shown a summary of their game with the score achieved. This screen is divided into:
- OK screen: It is the screen that is displayed when the user finishes the game in the established time.
- KO screen by time: It is the screen that appears when the user has run out of time and has not been able to complete the game.
In this way, for each of these screens you can customize the following elements:
- "Feedback message text": Message displayed at the top of the screen, which by default comes with the text "Good job!" in the case of "OK screen" and "Time's up!" on the "KO screen by time".
- Background Color: The administrator can set up the background color of both screens to adapt it to the corporate colors of the brand.
6. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Slide&Match game, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
7. Manage scores and publication of winners
By default, different points can be assigned to each element. Available scores are 10, 20, and 50 points for each item combined. In addition, the score can be multiplied by 2 if the user manages to combine a T or L of the same element and by 3 if the user gets a cross of the same element.
Additionally, points will be assigned based on the participant's remaining time. In particular, 10 points will be assigned for each remaining second.
How to publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the game, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have three ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
1. Assign the award to the player in the first position of the Ranking.In this case, follow the steps of this tutoriala href="https://soporte.easypromosapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053248131/#videos-7" target="_blank" rel="noopener">l that explains how you can assign the prize to the fastest player.
2. Carry out a giveaway among the users who have obtained a higher score.Follow the steps of this tutorialthat explains how you can create the prize to be raffled among the players with the highest score, for example, the 5 players with the most points.
3. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated in the game.Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.