Do you want to give your audience the opportunity of a moment of fun and entertainment? We present to you the Memory game, where participants will have to discover the cards to find the identical pairs. Users will earn points for each pair they find, and will also get additional points based on the time remaining. In this way, participants will compete with each other to obtain the highest score in the Ranking and as administrator you will be able to reward the best classified.
These are the contents of the tutorial:
1. General description
Games have always captured the attention of users, who enjoy solving challenges such as word searches, word games, puzzles and memory games.
In particular, in this tutorial we explain all the steps to create a Memory game, which has the following features:
- You can upload your own photos or drawings to form the pairs and the system will create the game automatically.
- You can limit the time available for players to complete the game (from 30 to 300 seconds).
- You can adapt the difficulty of the game by applying one of the three available difficulty levels in order to personalize the experience to the fullest.
- Multiple options to reward participants: You can assign the prize/s to the participants with the highest score, run a random draw among the participants with the highest score, draw a prize among all the participants, etc.
2. How is the user participation flow
What will the user experience be like? The promotion is made up of different pages that the user will find when interacting with the promotion to participate, such as: the initial welcome page, the registration page, where the user will register with their data, the page that presents the game, etc. As a whole, the different pages will make up the structure of the promotion and the flow of participation that the user will follow to complete the promotional mechanics of the promotion.
In addition, as an administrator you can select which participation flow you want users to follow. Specifically, there are three different participation flows: Identified Mode, where the user must identify and register before being able to play; Visitor Mode, where the user first plays and then identifies and registers in order to claim their prize; and Anonymous Mode, where the user participates without identifying himself or registering. The choice of one modality or another will determine how the user's participation and experience in the promotion will be.
3. Create the promotion
How to start creating the Memory game? The following tutorial presents the first steps to create your promotion so that you don't miss any important point. You will learn all the general management options that you have available as an administrator in your dashboard to manage and edit the promotion.
4. Set up the Memory game
As a first step, go to the Editor > Pages > Participation > Memory . You will see that a memory game is set up as a sample so you can see how to configure it and thus be inspired to design your own game. You can use the "Test the game" tab to test the user experience when playing:
Next, go to the "General" tab where you can first customize the following layout options of the game will be presented:
1. Introduction message: This is the message that will be shown above the game board. You can use this text to give the users instructions if necessary.
2. Upload reverse side image: You can upload an image for the reverse side of the cards.
3. "Upload media": Click this option to upload the images to create the pairs in the Memory game that the users need to find, one by one. You can upload a minimum of 3 images and a maximum of 8. Recommended size: 250x250px.
To upload the images, you must first remove the sample images that are uploaded:
Once the sample images have been deleted, upload your own images to your memory:
4. Theme: can be light (by default) or dark.
Next, click on the "Gameplay settings" tab, where you will find the following options:
- Time limit. You can establish a maximum time that you want to give the users to finish the Memory game (30 to 300 seconds).
- Limit moves. You can establish a maximum amount of moves that the user gets to get all the pairs (between 10 and 50).
- Option "Don't allow users to register until they complete the game": It allows to disable the promotion registration form in case the participant does not complete the game. Note: This option is only available in case of not enabling the Login system to participate.
In the "Instructions" tab you can upload an image to explain to users the steps they must follow to play.
Finally, in the "Test the game tab", you can test the Memory game before publishing, and make changes if necessary.
💡 Click here to view this video tutorial that explains all the steps to set up the Memory game and discover what is the user experience like.
5. Customize the score screen
In the "Score screen" section you can customize the colors and texts that will be displayed on the screen that the user will access after completing the game, which allows the user to be shown a summary of their game with the score achieved. This screen is divided into:
- OK screen: It is the screen that is displayed when the user finishes the game in the established time.
- KO screen by time: It is the screen that appears when the user has run out of time and has not been able to complete the game.
In this way, for each of these screens you can customize the following elements:
- "Feedback message text": Message displayed at the top of the screen, which by default comes with the text "Good job!" in the case of "OK screen" and "Time's up!" on the "KO screen by time".
- Background Color: The administrator can set up the background color of both screens to adapt it to the corporate colors of the brand.
6. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Memory game, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
7. Manage scores and publication of winners
By default, the system will assign 100 points for each correct move, considering each pair found to be a correct move.
Additionally, points will be assigned based on the participant's remaining time. In particular, 10 points will be assigned for each remaining second.
How to publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the game, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have three ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
1. Assign the award to the player in the first position of the Ranking.In this case, follow the steps of this videotutorial that explains how you can assign the prize to the fastest player.
2. Carry out a giveaway among the users who have obtained a higher score.Follow the steps of this tutorial that explains how you can create the prize to be raffled among the players with the highest score, for example, the 5 players with the most points.
3. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated in the game.Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.