Yes, with the White Label version you can have the same promotion in different languages, so each participant can take part using his or her preferred language.
In this tutorial we will look at the following:
- The participant’s experience when taking part in a multi-language promotion
- How you can configure more than one language in your promotion
- Other frequently asked questions about the Multi-language Platform
What is the experience of each participant like?
The promotion will automatically appear to participants in their preferred language, based on their browser language setting.
If the promotion has not been adapted to the participant’s preferred language by the administrator, the promotion will appear in the quiz’s default language.
The participant can change the language, if they wish, by using the tool bar at the top right of the screen or at the bottom of the promotion, as shown in the following example:
The texts that the administrator hasn’t translated will be displayed in the default language.
How can I configure more than one language in my promotion?
Once you have created and configured the White Label promotion in the default language, you can then translate the texts, images and links that make up the promotion into any other language supported by the platform.
To do this, you will find the functionality within the Editor of your promotion, in the section General > Languages:
Click the "Add language" button and select the language you want to add as the secondary language of the promotion and the translation interface will appear. If you prefer, choose the language from the proposed languages that you will find in the interface on the right:
This is the interface for creating and editing the content of the promotion in several languages:
In this section you will find the following options:
1. Translations editor. This will show you all the content of the promotion in two columns:
- The column on the left displays the content of the promotion that you have already created in the default language. This column is informational and it will allow you to use the original text as a guide for creating the content in the new language.
- The column on the right collects all the fields to be translated into the new language. If there is a field which you do not translate – for example, an image that serves for both languages – the system will display the image as it is in the default language.
2. Contents filter. To ensure that the translation process is as comfortable and orderly as possible you can filter the content by section, as well as by translation status: translated, pending translation or unfiltered.
3. Default language. This is the main language of the promotion. When a participant arrives to the app via a browser using a language that is not included in the app, the content displayed to the participant will be in the default language.
The default language can be changed to any of the promotion’s translated languages by going to Languages > Options:
FAQs about the Multi-language Platform
Can I find out which language each participant has used?
Yes, in the “View entries” section there is an option which allows you to filter users based on the language they used to participate.
Can I create different emails based on the language of participation?
Yes, in the Emails Platform you can create a different email for each language used by promotion participants. There is a specialized filter for this.
Which features are not currently adapted to the Multi-language System?
- Instant win.
- Promotions group.
- Integration with Twitter or Instagram via hashtag. It is only possible to enable one hashtag and the automatic response can only be configured in a single language.