If you want to carry out a sweepstakes among all the users who have retweeted one or more of your tweets, follow the steps of this video tutorial. You will be able to select winners randomly and publish them in a winners page to easily communicate them.
What can you see on the video?
00:00 Publish the tweet announcing the sweepstakes.
00:17 How to enter the Easypromos administration panel and create a sweepstakes
00:45 Set up the sweepstakes' basic options
01:19 Management of users and exclusions
01:27 Decide the number of winners and alternates
01:29 Make a test and carry out the real sweepstakes
01:57 Link to the certificate of validity and customize the winners page
02:37 Sharing the sweepstakes result
The Twitter sweepstakes tool allows you to exclude users from the list of finalists based on the following options:
- Exclude blacklisted users. You can add to the blacklist users who use bad practices in order to exclude them from all your sweepstakes, without having to exclude them one by one.
- Exclude previous winners. Select this option If you want to avoid that a same user can win more than one sweepstakes.
- Exclude non-followers. Limit finalists only to those who are followers of the brand.
- Specific exclusions. If you wan to exclude a user only for a specific sweepstakes because he/she doesn't comply with the sweepstakes rules, you can use the browser to find and exclude him/her manually.
- Minimum number of followers. By default, the app only selects as finalists those Twitter participants whose accounts have at least 25 followers. If you want to remove this filter, change it for "0" and save changes. You can also increase this value and save changes in order to apply it.
Warning: Although the user takes part with several retweets, the user will be entered into the sweepstakes with a single entry.
Considerations to take into account
- You can carry out a sweepstake of tweets that have been retweeted a maximum of 2,000 times.
- Only tweets published on the last 7 days can be used for sweepstakes.
You can accumulate retweets from a maximum of 10 tweets to enter in a single draw. These tweets can not be older than 7 days and there is a top of 2,000 retweets.
- Users who have retweeted your tweet but they are not followers of your brand can be excluded from the finalists sweepstakes.
- The sweepstakes can only be carried out once, although you can use the "test" tool to check the feature before carrying out the real sweepstakes.
- The total amount of winners and alternates must be less than 1,000.
- Users who retweet but have the "tweets protected" feature enabled won't be added to the sweepstakes.