The "Knowledge Quiz" application allows you to evaluate the knowledge of your target audience with a trivia type questionnaire. You will be able to mark the correct answers to each question and the application will automatically assign the points to the participants who get it right.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General description
With the Knowledge Trivia application you can create a question and answer contest to evaluate the knowledge of your followers and customers about your brand, products and services. The Knowledge Trivia will allow you to:
- Design the quiz completely tailored to your needs, personalized with photos, texts and videos.
- Combine different types of answers (single answer, multiple-answer and even sortable answers).
- Create as many questions as you want, and indicate which is the correct answer to each of them.
- Enable the summary page to show the participants the correct and incorrect answers and choose if you want them to restart the quiz or go to the registration form.
- Show custom final messages according to the number of correct answers in the Quiz.
- Reward the knowledge of the participants with a final draw among all the participants that have answered correctly the quiz questions.
2. Set up of the Knowledge Quiz
Here we explain all the steps to create your Quiz.
Step 1. Create the promotion
1. Access the Easypromos Control Panel and log in with your email address and password to manage and create your promotions.
2. Create a new promotion via the green button.
3. You will be presented with the products available. Choose ‘Knowledge Quiz’ to create a promotion which tests your users' knowledge and educates them about your brand.
4. As a next step, set up the following options:
- Organizing brand. As a first step, you should select or create an organizing brand for your promotion. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works as a folder within your Easypromos account, in order to help organize the promotions that you create.
- Template version. Select which template you want to use to create your promotion: Premium or White Label.
5. After clicking on "Continue" button, you'll get access to the promotion management page, where you have all the options for setting up the promotion. We outline the most important sections below:
- Header. This displays the title of the promotion, the platform version (Premium or White Label), and other relevant information such as the promotion ID number of the promotion. The promotion status indicates if the quiz is a Draft, Active or Expired, as well as if it’s about to start. Once the promotion period has ended, this field will be marked in red saying: Status: Expired. You can choose what to show on an expired promotion page.
- Link to the promotion. Use this URL whenever you share the promotion. Learn more about sharing here. You'll also see the copy link button, which instantly copies the URL to make sharing easier.
- Activate Promotion. When the promotion is ready to launch, click this button to activate it. You'll be taken to the activation page, where you can review billing information and make payments.
- Test mode. This tool will allow you to carry out a real test of the promotion before activating it, in order to participate in it as users will when it is activated and thus be able to check that the promotion works as expected before launching it. More information.
- Side menu. All your promotion settings in one place.
- View tutorial. This tutorial guides you step by step through the creation and management of your promotion.
- Promotion dates controls the timezone and duration of the promotion.
Language indicates the default language of the promotion. You can edit this if you wish.
Localization enables you to limit participation to one or several countries. Learn more about country restriction.
- Next steps: Practical recommendations that will guide you in the creation and management of your campaign.
Tip: the promotion ID number (#) is a unique identifier for each promotion. Quote this number if you need to contact the Easypromos support team with any issues. This will make it easier for us to review your settings and help you out.
Step 2. Create the questions and answers
The platform comes with many pre-configured features, specific to the version that you have chosen (Premium or White Label). First set up the quiz with the questions that you want to ask, and then work through the advanced options to customize the platform for your needs.
1. Enter the promotion 'Editor'.
2. Access the section Pages > Quiz, which is the place where you will create your questions and answers. As you can see, you will have 6 questions already created, so you can see the different types of questions you can configure.
a) "Single answer" question: The participant will only be able to select one of the possible answers:
b) Multiple answer question: The participant may select more than one answer.
c) "Sortable answer" question: the participant must put the answers in order (using all the options or a set number of them).
d) "Drop-down list" question: When the user places their cursor within the field, a list of possible answers is displayed.
e) "Autocomplete list" question: When the user places their cursor within the field and starts to type, the page displays possible answers.
f) Radio button list: All the answer options are simultaneously displayed in a list format. The participant can select the answer they want.
In this way, the Knowledge quiz comes with these 6 sample questions already created, which are the types of questions that we recommend for a Knowledge quiz, since your intention is to evaluate the knowledge of the participants and be able to rate the answers correctly and without incident
3. Decide what type of question you want according to the Quiz you want to design. Once you are clear about the type of question you want, click on the pencil icon to edit the contents of the question:
Next, we indicate the options that you must modify to create your question:
a) Contents of the Question:
You will see the options for editing the question, which you must complete with your own content:
You'll find the following options:
- Question text: Type the question you want to ask users here.
- Upload Media: Decide if you want to accompany the question with an image or video.
- Position: If you upload an image for the question, choose between a horizontal or vertical display.
- Answers: Click on the pencil icon to rename each answer. Click on the "Add answers" button if you need to add more, use the copy response option to duplicate the answers or use the trash can icon if you need to delete answers.
b) Advanced options
Here you will find the options to set up your question:
- Feedback message text: You can present an informative text with the correct answer after users answer the question. You can customize different feedback messages for correct and incorrect answers.
- Container columns: It will allow you to indicate how many answers you want to show per row.
- Question type: In case you need to modify the type of question you have initially created.
- Hide Continue button: Check this option if you want the user to move to the next question by just clicking on the answer buttons. By default, the Continue button is displayed in closed answers to allow users to move forward to the next questions of the quiz.
- Allow users to change their answer.
In case of a "Multiple-answer" question, you'll find the additional options:
- Minimum/Maximum of answers: It indicates the minimum and maximum number of answers that users can select.
- Select the scoring system: It will allow you to choose between:
- Give the points for each correct answer selected: for each answer that is correct the user will be awarded the number of points indicated for that particular answer.
- Give one single point if all the correct answers are selected: The question will only be considered to have been answered correctly if all the answers are correct. In this case, the user.
4. If you wish, you can also create a new question and configure it to your liking. To do this, click on the "New question" button:
Next, the following window will appear to guide you in the creation. Choose the type of question that suits you according to what you think:
Tip! In a Knowledge Quiz where users have to guess the correct answer, we recommend choosing "Single Answer". This creates a multiple-choice question.
Step 3. Give a score to each question and create the final messages
Once you have created the Knowledge Quiz, it's time to score the questions. You must indicate the correct answer to each question and assign a number of points, so that the application can calculate participants' scores. Learn how to score questions with this tutorial.
Example: For the elaboration of this tutorial a fictional Knowledge quiz has been used that asks a series of questions related to Christmas, with the aim of evaluating the knowledge that users have about Christmas holidays.
The following question "Which country does the tradition of the Christmas tree come from?" presents three possible answers:
You should punctuate the correct answer to the question with "1" point:
Customize feedback for Knowledge Quiz results
You can create a variety of final messages for the same quiz. This lets you give customized feedback to individual users, based on their quiz scores. Learn how to customize these messages.
Customize viral content for quiz results
You can also customize viral content based on users' quiz scores. Then they can share the quiz results and feedback with their friends. Learn how to set up viral content here.
Step 4. Enable the Knowledge Quiz Summary page
The Knowledge Quiz Summary page shows users a summary of their answers to each question. The page is displayed after answering the last question of the questionnaire, and just before accessing the registration form. You can choose to allow users to repeat the quiz, if their score is not high enough to access the registration form.
Note: The Summary Page is not available for quizzes with the Login system enabled.
Step 5. Participant registration system
In order to participate in the Knowledge Quiz, users must register by filling in the registration form with the requested data.
To do this, go to the Editor > Pages > Registration Form, to customize the fields that you want to ask users to be able to participate:
Additionally, you can enable the Login system, which has the following features:
- It gives the option of enabling multi-participation, by deciding the number of participations you want to grant to each user, in the entire promotion, per day, or per hour.
Check in this tutorial how to enable Login and how to configure multi-participation.
When is it recommended to enable the Login system?
- When we want to place the identification and registration form BEFORE the quiz questions.
- When we want to limit the draw to users who have validated the email.
- When we want to limit participation in the draw to users that are registered in the client's systems. Example: Limit the campaign to users registered in your website or users of your mobile app. This option requires using the Autologin system.
Note: In order to be able to activate the Login system, it’s necessary to have an account with an active Premium or White Label plan.
3. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Timed Quiz, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
4. Manage prizes and publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the Quiz, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have two ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
1. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated in the Quiz. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.
2. Carry out a draw only among users who have answered all the questions correctly. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how you can create the prize to be raffled among the participants who have answered all the Trivia questions.
3. Give a coupon to all users who have participated. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how to create the promotional coupon type prize to assign it directly to all users after participating in the Trivia.