The Multi-Network Giveaway app lets you create a giveaway based on comments, from multiple posts, on multiple social networks. For example, you can run one giveaway for Facebook and Instagram users simultaneously, and choose a single winner.
What you should know before starting
- When you run a Multi-Network Giveaway, your first step should be to announce the campaign on your social media, and encourage followers to participate. Once the participation period is over, you can access your Easypromos Control Panel and create a Multi-Network Giveaway. The platform will import all the social media posts that you want to include in the giveaway. Finally, it will select and publish a winner from among the users who commented on your posts.
- The Multi-Network Giveaway application is currently only available to customers with an active Basic PRO plan or higher.
- It can be used to collect the following types of social media posts into one competition:
- Facebook comments
- Instagram comments
- Twitter replies
- Youtube comments
This tutorial describes the process of collecting posts and selecting a winner from multiple social networks.
Follow this step by step guide to set up and run your Multi-Network Giveaway:
- Multi-Network Giveaway video tutorial
- Step 1. Access the Control Panel
- Step 2. Import posts to include in the giveaway
- Step 3. Review the list of finalists and apply exclusions
- Step 4. Define the number of winners and alternates
- Step 5. Carry out a test and run the sweepstakes
- Step 6. Prepare to publish the winners
- Step 7. Manage winners and alternates
Watch a Multi-Network Giveaway video tutorial
You can review all the steps in the following video tutorial:
Step 1. Access the control panel
Access the Easypromos Control Panel from this link. If you're not an Easypromos user, create an account and sign in to the control panel to create and manage your promotions.
Step 2. Import posts to include in the giveaway
So you've announced a Multi-Network giveaway across your social networks, and your followers have had plenty of time to take part. The next important step is to select which posts to include in the giveaway, network by network. A winner will be selected from among all the commenters on all the imported posts.
1. Click on the "Create new promotion" button to start setting up your sweepstakes:
2. Select "Multi-Network Giveaway":
3. Now select each social network from which you want to import posts:
Here's an example to help you out.
1. First, we click on the Facebook button to select and import up to 10 posts published on our page:
2. Then, without leaving this page, we click on the Instagram button to select and import up to 10 posts published on our profile:
Note: If you have promoted your giveaway with ads, click on the option "Add a promoted post" to add the ad you have created:
3. On the right, we can check which posts have been selected. When we have got all the posts we want, we click "Continue":
4. The process of importing comments on those posts will begin:
Important note! You can only import comments once. You cannot import more comments later. So make sure you don't open up the Easypromos platform until you are ready to choose the final winners of the giveaway!
Step 3. Review the list of finalists and apply exclusions
You will now find yourself on the main page of the giveaway. You'll see the title and ID of your promotion, as well as the number of participants and options to view their data.
You can also access filtering and exclusion tools from this page. You can control which users enter the prize draw, and exclude any users who are not eligible.
Step 4. Define the number of winners and alternates
Next, indicate how many winners and alternate winners you need. We recommend always choosing alternates, in case you cannot contact the winners or they have to be disqualified.
Click 'Continue' and you'll be taken to the Test Page. From here, you can carry out a test to see how the giveaway will work and how the winners will be announced.
Step 5. Carry out a test and run the sweepstakes
Before you run the random sweepstakes, you have the option of carrying out tests to see how the tool works.
Once you feel ready to choose a real winner, click "Ready! Pick the winners". The system will choose a winner, randomly and automatically.
Step 6. Prepare to publish the winners
Congratulations! The sweepstakes has been carried out. The results will be displayed on your main giveaway page. Now you can think about announcing the winners publicly and awarding the prizes.
A. "Winners and Alternates" section:
Here you'll see the list of winners and alternates. You can manage prize winners, and change them if needed.
Click on "View" to see a list of participants in the promotion. The list includes the comment made by each participant, and which social network they used. You can "Export" the list of participants, and their data, in Excel / CSV format:
B. "Publication of winners" Section:
When you run the giveaway, Easypromos automatically generates two important web pages for you:
- Certificate of Validity. The Certificate of Validity confirms that the sweepstakes has been run once only, and completely at random. This certificate identifies the giveaway and it can't be modified. Share the URL to demonstrate that your sweepstakes was run fairly and transparently.
- Winners Page. This is a microsite where the names of the winners and alternates are displayed. Simply share this URL to announce the results. You can customize this page to match your branding and promotion aims.
Click on "Edit" to customize the Winners Page:
These are the elements that you can customize:
C. "Claim your prize" section:
Set up this section to enable winners to confirm their details and claim their prize. Users simply visit the Winners Page to securely enter their details and accept their prize.
D. "What's next" section:
This section offers tools to share the Winners Page on social media. You can also send direct notifications to winners.
Step 7. Manage winners and alternates
From the 'Winners and alternates' section you can:
- See whether winners have claimed their prize, and review the details they've provided.
- Manage the prizewinners and change them if necessary.
- Download all the information provided by prizewinners as an Excel/CSV file.