Tutorial: How to add a promoted post to the giveaway Follow
Have you organized a giveaway and have you promoted the post with ads? Promoting the giveaway post is one of the most effective actions to increase the reach of the giveaway and, therefore, improve the results. The combination of sponsored post and giveaway is a winning action that allows you to grow your profile in a short amount of time and for a very affordable cost.
Whether you have organized a giveaway on Facebook or Instagram, and you have promoted it with ads, with Easypromos you can import the sponsored post that you have created in order to add the participants obtained through the sponsored post.
Note: In order to add a sponsored post to the giveaway, you must use the "Multi-Network Giveaway" application, available for accounts with a BASIC PRO plan or higher.
Note: In case of Twitter, if you need to add a promoted tweet to the giveaway, you can use the "Twitter giveaway" application. To do this, you can follow this tutorial.
Below, we detail the steps to follow in order to add the sponsored post to the giveaway according to the social network where you have created the giveaway:
1. Facebook giveaway
If you want to add a Facebook ad using the URL of the ad that you have created (useful in case of having published a 'dark post'), you must follow the steps below:
Step 1. Obtain the URL of the Facebook ad
First of all, obtain the URL of the ad you created from Facebook Ads. Follow the steps below in order to obtain the URL of the ad:
- On Facebook, go to the "Ads manager" and connect with the advertising account from where you created the ad.
- Next locate the ad and click on "View charts" and then click on the ad.
- On the right side of the screen, scroll down and locate the "Ad Preview and comments" section. Here click on the arrow icon. This will open a small window with different options, click on the "Facebook post with comments" option.
- A browser window will open with the URL of the Facebook post, copy this URL from the browser navigation bar.
In the following video you will see how to get the URL of the Facebook ad:
Step 2. Insert the ad URL into the giveaway settings
Next, go to the Easypromos control panel and create a "Multi-Network Giveaway".
- In the first step of the process, select "Facebook" as the social network where you want to create the giveaway.
- Log in with the Facebook profile that manages the Facebook page where you are hosting the giveaway and select the page.
- Click on the "Add a promoted post" option. A pop-up window will open where you can enter the URL of the ad.
- Then a pop-up will show you the ad so you can select it and add it to the giveaway to include the users who have commented on the ad.
Note: In order to add the URL of the sponsored post you must have the role of administrator of the Facebook page where the ad was created.
2. Instagram Giveaway
When you sponsor an Instagram post, the Facebook Ads manager duplicates that post (as if it were a 'dark post') and shows it to the audience that you've defined for the ad. That is, there are actually two independent posts: the post published on your Instagram business profile, and the duplicate post created for advertising.
So when you're collecting comments for an Instagram giveaway, if some of the comments are linked to a sponsored post, you'll need to include the duplicate post that Facebook Ads created. Adding the duplicate post to your giveaway means we can collect all the comments, from both the original post and the advertising duplicate.
To set this up, once you have imported the organic post published on your Instagram profile, you can use the option "Add sponsored post" to find the duplicate post and add all the comments generated through advertising.
Below we indicate the steps you must follow:
- Go to the Easypromos control panel and create a "Multi-Network Giveaway".
- In the first step of the process, select "Instagram" as the social network where you want to create the giveaway.
- Log in with the Facebook profile that manages the Facebook page that is linked to the Instagram account where you want to create the giveaway. You'll be asked to authorize Easypromos App to read your Facebook ADS, by accepting the Facebook ADS READ permission.
- Then select the Instagram account.
- All the posts of the Instagram profile will be displayed. In this step you must select the organic post.
- Once you have selected the organic post, the next step is to add the sponsored post. To do this, click on the option "Add a sponsored post".
- Select the Ad account where you have created the sponsored post. If this is the first time you connect your ad account, you must authorize the Easypromos application so that we can read and get the ads created in your ad account.
- Finally, select the sponsored post that you want to add it to the giveaway from the list to include the users who have commented on the ad.
Note: Is your Ad account not showing in the list? In this case, please make sure that you have the role of administrator of the Facebook page from which the sponsored post was created and paid for.
Note: If you have created the sponsored post directly from the Facebook ad manager and, therefore, the sponsored post isn't related to any organic post (similar to a Facebook "dark post"), you should follow the same process, but in the first step you can start by directly selecting the sponsored post.
Please sign in to leave a comment.